can't plant flag

27 minutes ago, davidpsummers said:

I have landed on the Mun.  I have all my Kerbals gathered for a little flag planting ceremony, just like I've done dozens of times before.  But there is no "plant flag" button to press!

Any ideas on what is wrong?

The Mun was already claimed for England...

30 minutes ago, davidpsummers said:

I have landed on the Mun.  I have all my Kerbals gathered for a little flag planting ceremony, just like I've done dozens of times before.  But there is no "plant flag" button to press!

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Have you upgraded the Astronaut Complex?  You need to upgrade it at least one notch to be able to plant flags.

22 minutes ago, davidpsummers said:

Yes.  I've already planted a dozens of flags...

Hm. Well, that's weird.

I assume that the answer to this following question is "no" or you would have said, but just to make sure: when you took all your kerbals out, did you plant a flag from one of them before trying to plant another one?  I've noticed a game bug that when I have multiple kerbals on EVA, and one of them plants a flag, they all lose their flag.

Other than that, no clue.  Does the problem persist even if you quicksave/quickload?

15 hours ago, bewing said:

Can other Kerbals on other celestial bodies still plant flags -- if you launch one to the runway, for example?

Good question!  

So I tried it an I could.  So I decided I should play with the situations of the Kerbal who I want to plant a flag.  It turns out all I had to do was have him jump in the air and "bam", the option was there...

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.