Moons orbit

DomAzaris1996

Obviously this cannot be done in KSP, but how funny would it be if someone got a rocket so powerful it could change the moons orbit... And they moved it in a geostationary orbit above one country so the other side of the world doesn\'t get it :P

It\'s probably nigh on impossible but the thought still makes me chuckle :P

Would be cool if you could do this in KSP.. I think this may be the only goal people would have for a while lol.

You can however do that in this game:

http://universesandbox.com/

It\'s really cool, and you can pretty much do what you described by sending small asterorids/moons/planets to collide against other celestial bodies and see how it affects their trajectories/orbits

In fact this was a bug (feature?) in the earlier versions that had the Mun still. I don\'t know if the bug still occurs, but it used to if you hit a ship into the mun hard enough.

It wouldn\'t be proportional to any thrust, and would only go off rails as a glitch but without actual control of the outcome. Meaning I don\'t think it was possible to 'de-orbit' the Mun.

Son, if the moon stops its swinging behind the earth, you can expect some real bad crap to happen, no more tides means the oceans stop cycling themselves, god knows what it would do to the seismic plates considering that the water isn\'t the only thing the moon effects on earth, heck it effects the movement of the magma under the plates as well, we could have earthquakes and volcano\'s going off like no tomorrow. GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!

Son, if the moon stops its swinging behind the earth, you can expect some real bad crap to happen, no more tides means the oceans stop cycling themselves, god knows what it would do to the seismic plates considering that the water isn\'t the only thing the moon effects on earth, heck it effects the movement of the magma under the plates as well, we could have earthquakes and volcano\'s going off like no tomorrow. GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!

I know the consequences :P my point is the concept of someone stealing the moon :) just cracked me up

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.