IRVEES Exoplanets

ProtoJeb21

This is a detailed list of exoplanets (and possibly exomoons) observed, analysed, and discovered by the IRVEES program. Some of these planets are currently known ones that have been detected for practice, or analysed to find out more information on them. Most of the planets are candidates I have found with Planet Hunters, and may stay that way for several weeks. I might post the light curves of each candidate exoplanet.

STUDIED KNOWN EXOPLANETS

• HAT-P-22b: One of the multiple Hot Jupiter exoplanets discovered by the HATNet Project. HAT-P-22b is 2.15 times the mass of Jupiter with a diameter 8% larger. It has a density of 2.26 g/cm3 and about 4.86 times Earth's gravity. HAT-P-22b was the first exoplanet monitored and detected by IRVEES, even though it was previously known to the scientific community. However, unlike other massive gas giants, it will not go through further analysis for possible moons, due to a small sphere of influence. It orbits a G5V main sequence star in Ursa Major that may have a K-Type binary companion.

ePp83OQ.png

• TBD

EXOPLANETS DISCOVERED BY IRVEES

None yet

PLANET HUNTERS CANDIDATES

• KIC 9529088.01: A small signal in the light curve APH00013fk. The transit blocks about 0.09% of the light of the host star once every 1.5 days (about 35.85 hours). The host star is a K-Dwarf of magnitude 14.365 with the catalog number of KIC 9529088. If confirmed, this may be a Mini Neptune or a Super-Earth between temperatures of 800 and 1500 Kelvin. However, the signal of this object may be caused by the variability of KIC 9529088. My best estimate of the star's radius is between 0.65 and 0.55 solar Radii.
  • KIC 10712631.01: A moderate sized but somewhat obscured signal in the light curve APH0001311. The potential planet blocked 0.26% of the light of its magnitude 15.926 K-Type host star. KIC 10712631 produces moderate levels of noise, and is a slight but predictable variable star. These variations make an M-shape with two main dips. The first takes about 8 days, and the second about 7 days. In comparison, the potential planet orbits about every 6 days with a transit lasting up to 5-6 hours.
  • KIC 7825899.09: A strong transit signal in the light curve of the late-K dwarf KIC 7825899 (0.837 solar radii). This was the ninth reported transit in the light curve of that specific star, but it is unknown if my transit is the same as some of the others found. The object blocked 0.37% of its host star's light, suggesting that it has a radius no larger than 3.45 Earth Radii. It probably will be confirmed within a month.
Edited by ProtoJeb21
New Planet Hunters candidate.

1 minute ago, Spaceception said:

Maybe some names will be up there at the end of the year :)

I'm really hoping to have at least 1 planet discovery by the end of summer break (about 11 weeks from now, so I've got a lot of time). Until then, it will only be HAT-P-22b and, eventually, GJ 1214b (Belisama). I'm hoping to observe its transit in July. The transit of Belisama is only 52.73 minutes long. Compare that to the transit of HAT-P-22b, which was 172.2 minutes (2.87 hours) long!

Also, I did the math, and I've figured out what two planet types I may find this summer: Hot Jupiters orbiting F and G stars, and Neptunian/Gas Dwarf planets orbiting K or M dwarfs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.