Another Realisim Overhaul/Rp-0 Complaint

Jack_Heggiz

Hello, it's me again. I am playing the same playthrough as Scott Manley's "Kerbal Spaceships are Serious Business", and i've downloaded all the mods (i think) but when i start playing, i have way more parts than Scott did have available to start off with (eg many crew cabins and control wheels instead of the two control wheels and one crew cabin that Scott had). also, my runway to start off with is fully upgraded, but it still says level one on it. any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

Scott uses CKAN on all of his yt-series...

All of Scott's installs are messed up...

All of Scott's series end due to messed up installs and degradation, currenty imminent...

The causal linking seems almost obvious :wink:

You have more parts because you are playing a more recent version than scott. (LSX, VSR, RP-0...)

Since the latest version of KCT, all runways have the model/collider of the L3 runway, evading the unweildy bumpy 'road', but they still have the size and weight restrictions.

I recommend manually downloading each and every single mod.

Install only 'pure' mods, skip the bundled stuff, if a mod comes bundled with MM, CRP, RPM or what ever, don't install them, download those only from the original thread in form of their latest release.

Don't install mods that currently 'barely' work, like remote tech, it's awesome, but currently not able to serve the player without causing more issues than gameplay challange.

And 'prune' your installs, meaning deleting certain parts from certain mods that you surely won't need. (e.g. all addon fuel tanks, if using procedural stuff)

I don't understand all this Manley fixation, it's just one media clown and private life exibitionist amongst many, although I must admit, his chatter can be quite soothing sometimes, when he's not squealing or screaming all of a sudden :P

ckan works like a smartphone, it relies on the smartness of the person using it, the smarter you are, the less you will be in need of such things. :)

peace

On 6/20/2016 at 5:29 PM, h0yer said:

Scott uses CKAN on all of his yt-series...

All of Scott's installs are messed up...

All of Scott's series end due to messed up installs and degradation, currenty imminent...

The causal linking seems almost obvious :wink:

You have more parts because you are playing a more recent version than scott. (LSX, VSR, RP-0...)

Since the latest version of KCT, all runways have the model/collider of the L3 runway, evading the unweildy bumpy 'road', but they still have the size and weight restrictions.

I recommend manually downloading each and every single mod.

Install only 'pure' mods, skip the bundled stuff, if a mod comes bundled with MM, CRP, RPM or what ever, don't install them, download those only from the original thread in form of their latest release.

Don't install mods that currently 'barely' work, like remote tech, it's awesome, but currently not able to serve the player without causing more issues than gameplay challange.

And 'prune' your installs, meaning deleting certain parts from certain mods that you surely won't need. (e.g. all addon fuel tanks, if using procedural stuff)

I don't understand all this Manley fixation, it's just one media clown and private life exibitionist amongst many, although I must admit, his chatter can be quite soothing sometimes, when he's not squealing or screaming all of a sudden :P

ckan works like a smartphone, it relies on the smartness of the person using it, the smarter you are, the less you will be in need of such things. :)

peace

Wow... Thats a lot................ THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.