Searching for a mod without engines!

btymciw

Hey, so I\'m basically looking for a mod without engines in it. I have yet to successfully land on the Mun due to fuel, and weight judgement errors. But I am determined to do it eventually without using unfair advantages such as Engines.

Now I\'ve viewed some videos of mods, and people claimed that the engines were not unfair, yet they make it to space in like 15 seconds (without time warp) and to me that makes the game a little pointless. Due to it just being way to easy.

I\'m pretty much just looking for body stuff. Things to make the appearance of the craft more appealing, without having to deal with the envy of seeing the unfair Engines sit there in-front of my face ;) if you catch my drift.

If you want a balanced mod pack, try using the Silisko Edition version [1.2 or 2, I don\'t remember which] Alpha. It\'s only got a couple engines, but that becomes part of the challenge. I also use the small engine from the Truss pack, which matches the balancing of the Silisko Edition engines pretty well. The SE pack also has some great payload and interstage fairings, because they\'re so customizable.

I\'m not quite sure how to say this diplomatically, but the parts that come with the game are, themselves, an unfair advantage. They\'re completely unrealistic, not in the 'It\'s just a game' sense, but in the 'No, seriously, this is just silly' sense.

I don\'t think I\'m going to offend anyone by saying that, because it\'s been repeated many times that the included parts are now, just as they have been all along, pure placeholders. They aren\'t meant to have reasonable parameters yet, because the game is still so early in its development that fine-tuning the included parts would be premature optimization and a waste of time.

So if you want to set yourself up a challenge-of-sorts that you\'ll do various game-related activities using only the included parts, by all means, knock yourself out. Everybody plays his own game, after all. But if I were you — and I\'m just offering up unsolicited advice here, don\'t mind me — I wouldn\'t invest a great deal of time in rationalizing my choices about how I play the game, or demonizing others for making different choices. 'I think it\'s fun to do X, so I do' is wonderful and awesome. 'I think it\'s not fun to do Y, so you shouldn\'t' is, in my opinion, somewhat less helpful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.