Commonly used acronyms

KasperVld

I think it would be nice for forum users to have the option of adding personal acronyms to the post editor if possible. For example, I often find myself talking about IPTs (Inter-Planetary Transports), IPFs (Inter-Planetary Freighters), HAAVs (Heavy Atmospheric Ascent Vehicles), and several other acronyms that are part of an increasingly long list of classifications for the vehicles I design. And every time I first mention them in a post I have to re-type the meaning, whereas if it were possible to set a list of acronyms that will show their meanings only on occasions that I type them, things would be a lot quicker.

I don't know if this is really doable, but if it is then I get the feeling it's something many players would appreciate.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:29 PM, eloquentJane said:

I think it would be nice for forum users to have the option of adding personal acronyms to the post editor if possible. For example, I often find myself talking about IPTs (Inter-Planetary Transports), IPFs (Inter-Planetary Freighters), HAAVs (Heavy Atmospheric Ascent Vehicles), and several other acronyms that are part of an increasingly long list of classifications for the vehicles I design. And every time I first mention them in a post I have to re-type the meaning, whereas if it were possible to set a list of acronyms that will show their meanings only on occasions that I type them, things would be a lot quicker.

I don't know if this is really doable, but if it is then I get the feeling it's something many players would appreciate.

I'd be worried that it'll split the playerbase into HAAVs and HAAV-nots....

I'll get my coat.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

IMO - in my opinion

IMHO - in my humble/honest opinion

FWIW - for what it's worth

TL;DR - too long; didn't read

IIRC - if I remember correctly

Not sure if some of them have already been done, but those are my suggestions :) 

EDIT: Also

FH - Falcon Heavy

F9 - Falcon 9 (might conflict with the F9 key though)

ITS - Interplanetary Transport System

BO - Blue Origin

Edited by TheEpicSquared

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.