KasperVld

Commonly used acronyms

Recommended Posts

Starwaster    2268

DRE - Deadly Reentry (mod)

Is still MIA. Let's have some love for one of the oldest and most downloaded of mods?

Edited by Starwaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Iron Crown    12089
14 hours ago, Starwaster said:

DRE - Deadly Reentry (mod)

Is still MIA. Let's have some love for one of the oldest and most downloaded of mods?

Are you saying they...*puts on shades*...forgot about DRE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starwaster    2268
2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Are you saying they...*puts on shades*...forgot about DRE?

YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreeThinker    2161

OP - Original Post / Openings Page, it is often referred when a newby doesn't read the instructions on the first page and starts asking questions

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andem    1470

MAD - Mutually Assured Destruction, ussualy used in discussions pertaining to the use of nuclear weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eloquentJane    1906

I think it would be nice for forum users to have the option of adding personal acronyms to the post editor if possible. For example, I often find myself talking about IPTs (Inter-Planetary Transports), IPFs (Inter-Planetary Freighters), HAAVs (Heavy Atmospheric Ascent Vehicles), and several other acronyms that are part of an increasingly long list of classifications for the vehicles I design. And every time I first mention them in a post I have to re-type the meaning, whereas if it were possible to set a list of acronyms that will show their meanings only on occasions that I type them, things would be a lot quicker.

I don't know if this is really doable, but if it is then I get the feeling it's something many players would appreciate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK    4322
On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:29 PM, eloquentJane said:

I think it would be nice for forum users to have the option of adding personal acronyms to the post editor if possible. For example, I often find myself talking about IPTs (Inter-Planetary Transports), IPFs (Inter-Planetary Freighters), HAAVs (Heavy Atmospheric Ascent Vehicles), and several other acronyms that are part of an increasingly long list of classifications for the vehicles I design. And every time I first mention them in a post I have to re-type the meaning, whereas if it were possible to set a list of acronyms that will show their meanings only on occasions that I type them, things would be a lot quicker.

I don't know if this is really doable, but if it is then I get the feeling it's something many players would appreciate.

I'd be worried that it'll split the playerbase into HAAVs and HAAV-nots....

I'll get my coat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Camacha    1403
On 20/06/2016 at 1:09 PM, KasperVld said:

added COD. I don't think KSP needs explanation

The caption for KSP should read "The most awesomest game in the world".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tex    1191

One I just saw was IMO - In my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andem    1470

Oh, is that why stuff like KSPRC gets underlined now? *Probably should have read the full OP*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starhawk    1911

ISRU - In Situ Resource Utilization

Happy landings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Iron Crown    12089
On 9/15/2016 at 0:12 PM, Starhawk said:

ISRU - In Situ Resource Utilization

Happy landings!

Added. ISRU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cunjo Carl    493

One more, showing up fashionably late to the party:

MPL - Mobile processing lab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheEpicSquared    1887
Posted (edited)

IMO - in my opinion

IMHO - in my humble/honest opinion

FWIW - for what it's worth

TL;DR - too long; didn't read

IIRC - if I remember correctly

 

Not sure if some of them have already been done, but those are my suggestions :) 

 

EDIT: Also

FH - Falcon Heavy

F9 - Falcon 9 (might conflict with the F9 key though)

ITS - Interplanetary Transport System

BO - Blue Origin

 

Edited by TheEpicSquared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matuchkin    1082
On 2017-5-15 at 2:42 PM, TheEpicSquared said:

F9 - Falcon 9 (might conflict with the F9 key though)

Ahh, so that's what Musk is up to! No wonder he plays KSP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSEP    2900
Posted (edited)

Are LEO and LKO already added?

LEO is not! (Low Earth Orbit)

Edited by NSEP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now