Commonly used acronyms

KasperVld

On 6/20/2016 at 7:09 AM, KasperVld said:

added COD. I don't think KSP needs explanation

I personally think KSP sticks out now by not having underlines.

Edit: Testing KSC... Okay at least that's in :D

Edit again: UI: User Interface. UX: User Experience. I just used these and at least the first should probably have a definition.

Edited by 5thHorseman

5 hours ago, kunok said:

Could something similar be implemented with the units, an automated conversion between metric and imperial units?

Imperial? We don't serve their kind here. :huh:

Edit: LOL that's ironic. "Imperial" when the whole place is teeming with Stormtroopers...

Edited by cubinator

On 6/26/2016 at 7:10 PM, cubinator said:

Imperial? We don't serve their kind here. :huh:

Edit: LOL that's ironic. "Imperial" when the whole place is teeming with Stormtroopers...

Yes, it's much better to measure in units of Xenon unit  , and Mits :wink:.

OP currently (and correctly) states that it can mean either the Original Poster or the Original Post. A very frequent third use of the acronym is OverPowered. Not sure how you'd triple-list this cleanly but having an explanation tell a reader that "The Vector is so OP" means that the Vector is the original poster of the thread is not very helpful :)

59 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Not sure how you'd triple-list this cleanly but having an explanation tell a reader that "The Vector is so OP" means that the Vector is the original poster of the thread is not very helpful :)

Agreed.

I noticed pe is used as an abbreviation for periapsis, I think that should be added too.

Pe

Ap

AN - Ascending node

DN - Descending node

Apparently those all work, so ignore this.

Edited by cubinator

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/06/2016 at 5:35 PM, ferram4 said:

Likewise, it's kind of annoying.  And for some reason, it puts FAR as Ferram Aeronautics Research when it's Ferram Aerospace Research, which kind of points towards a minor issue with this: it can be wrong.  Also, should anyone want to talk about Federal Aviation Regulations (for example, FAR Part 25, specifying regulations for designing aircraft for safe landings, kind of relevant maybe if people want to get all realistic aviation) will get the wrong acronym.  It needs some means to determine context.

Fixed.
It seems the system is not context sensitive, so I'll likely just defer to the KSP related meaning in each case.

On 22/06/2016 at 0:25 AM, Red Iron Crown said:

The center of mass one is getting false positives on a ton of urls, e.g. google.com.

Both "COM" and "CoM" are set as case-sensitive. It may be a bug in the forum software.
I've removed "CoM" and hopefully that will fix it for now.

On 7/16/2016 at 6:32 PM, Supernovy said:

Both "COM" and "CoM" are set as case-sensitive. It may be a bug in the forum software.
I've removed "CoM" and hopefully that will fix it for now.

That one actually got fixed by adding the case-sensitivity, please add CoM back as that one is more common. :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.