[1.12.x] The Maritime Pack v0.1.19

Fengist

1 hour ago, Maverick_aus said:

My test rig was based on your carrier top deck with twin hulls on the bottom as per your catamaran vid. No other boat parts installed other than MP 

Yea, but everyone is trying to slap my parts on large boat parts and I've never even looked at that mod.  So, I dunno if there's any potential conflict or not.

Eventually, I fully expect this.  After seeing what Jatwaa does to my parts, I don't even try to think about how they'll be used.

For now tho, I need a tad bit of control over what's attached.

Edited by Fengist

1 hour ago, Fengist said:

After seeing what Jatwaa does to my parts,

Man, that video is hilarious. 

2 minutes ago, Waseemq1235 said:

@Maverick_aus My apologies, didn't see that. I'd be happy if anyone re-uploaded the link for me to download.

Well, no I wouldn't do that. Fengist said he turned off the dl for a reason - he's working on a new alpha. So, we're all waiting for that before taking up testing again. 

18 hours ago, Fengist said:

Ok, for now, take it down to just one arrestor.  There may be some issue with using that many.  Next, it's hard to tell but do you have your tailhook actually deployed.  If it's not, the arresting gear will ignore you.

And rotating them shouldn't matter.  That 'in the box' notice at the top means the system is active, has his plane spotted and is ready to engage when he gets close... if the arresting hook is deployed.

And again, you guys are using these things on large boat parts.  I do not know yet if that has any effect.  So far, I haven't seen a screenshot of anyone attempting to land on my carrier.

I tried land on your carrier too.

4ri8GzW.gif

Edited by BF2_Pilot

I guess I'm going to have to make a different model for the wires.  Not real obvious which way they should be oriented and it does make a difference as they 'watch' your plane coming in.  I'll have to think on that.

Another reason for the orientation is so that if you're moving around on the deck on the other side of the wires, they can safely ignore what you're doing.  Normally, if you're over 5 m/s, they'll try to stop you.

Edited by Fengist

6 hours ago, Fengist said:

I guess I'm going to have to make a different model for the wires.  Not real obvious which way they should be oriented and it does make a difference as they 'watch' your plane coming in.  I'll have to think on that.

Another reason for the orientation is so that if you're moving around on the deck on the other side of the wires, they can safely ignore what you're doing.  Normally, if you're over 5 m/s, they'll try to stop you.

For an orientation marker, have you considered using the FS landing gear orientation marker? Or the Rotor marker for the VAB / SPH?

Just a heads up.  Non-part changes coming.

Now that I have it working, Mini-AVC will be included in all future releases of Maritime Pack.  The bad news, it can be annoying. The good news, you'll know exactly when there's an update to my mods.

Along with this will be a big change that's coinciding with the upcoming release of my other mod, 1869.  The MPUtils plugin will be moved to it's own directory under GameData instead of being in the Maritime Pack directory.  Because 1869 will share functions with the Maritime Pack, the best way to ensure that users have the latest version of the plugin is to make it it's own entity.  It will not get a new forum post, it will be intimately tied to MP and any updates to it will be handled in this thread. 

CVFlightDeck, which is the DLL that's going to handle the catapults and arresting gear, will be included in the MPUtils directory.  Both 1869 and Maritime Pack will have MPUtils.dll included in the download.  Maritime Pack will have the extra CVFlightDeck.dll

I'll also be putting the source for MPUtils on GitHub.  A warning tho. I'm not a great coder.  Think of me as a barbarian with a hammer.  I do NOT write elegant code or even efficient code.  I smash code. I strive for one goal when writing code. It works. Once it does, I'm satisfied (within reason).  Any attempt to belittle or berate my code writing will result in a fish slap (thanks to the guys on lo-fi's Kerbal Foundaries thread for reviving this time-honored response to absurdities).  It's license will probably remain the NC Attribution.  God knows I've 'borrowed' enough of other coder's work, if someone is so desperate as to use mine, they may.

However, because of the debacle surrounding CKAN and people placing wrong mod versions in it without the author's approval or notification, all of my part mods will be changing over to an all rights reserved license.  The other reason is, I expect a lot of work to be done, primarily on 1869 in the future.  MP is pretty close to what I envision and it's time for me to work on something new.  There will still be updates to MP and changes when I get time, but 1869 will be my focus for a while.  Because of the anticipated rapid updates I do not want a dozen different versions floating around and me trying to support them all, meanwhile CKAN is distributing the wrong version.

The whole point of these changes is to first, simplify distribution and to ensure the latest versions are the ones being installed.

Long story made short: Stand by to stand by.  You'll be deleting your entire MP directory in the next release and the license will change.

1 hour ago, Acea said:

Wow just found out you're back!

Totally missed the alpha test and I'm now looking forward to official release of the carrier parts.

Shhhh... if you tell everyone they'll start having expectations of me.  It's a secret dood.

4 hours ago, Jatwaa said:

Just have to say how much I enjoy this mod and how you keep innovating. Although I think I used the sub wrong...I couldn't wait for the blimp...

Well Jatwaa, after watching a number of your videos of you using my parts, I'm not sure you've ever used them correctly.  Then again, this is KSP and I'm not exactly certain there's a right way to use ANY part.

As always, thanks bud and glad you're having some laughs.

By the way, you did solve one problem for me. I noticed you were using Scatterer.  Ever since the great 'buoyancy' debacle, submarine life after sunset SUCKED because you could see the stars THROUGH the floor of the ocean.  Scatterer fixed that beautifully, I have my ocean floor back. Thanks. 

Maritime Pack 1.8 released.  Now available from the download button in the OP.

DELETE YOUR MP INSTALL BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ONE

This version of MP will move the MPUtils.dll to it's own directory in GameData.  This is due to the fact that the 1869 mod will be sharing functions of this plugin.

Next big change. The license has changed to a modified CC Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs.  The modification to this license is that it cannot be distributed without written consent.

The major change here is with MPUtils.  However, to entice downloads, I have added the plane floats I pictured earlier.  The models are still not something I'm happy with but it would take HOURS to get them the way I want them so I'm saving that for a later date.  Expect them to get reworked.  For now, they work if your plane is light enough.

I think all of the parts now have the FS - in their description.  You should be able to search in your parts list for that and list only MP parts.  If I missed one, let me know.

Enjoy.

hmm... I don't know how the engines are supposed to function or how i properly build boats... I built a simple yatch, and when i power on the (two) engines it accellerates incredibly fast and pulls to the left immediately. 4x Bitts and such dulled down the effect but it's still prominent. Is there some special way i need to make boats?

On 8/3/2016 at 4:26 PM, Fengist said:

Shhhh... if you tell everyone they'll start having expectations of me.  It's a secret dood.

Despite it being a secret, any chance you'll get with the times, @Fengist , and throw this up on SpaceDock, as well? :wink::D

And I just took a look at the MPUtilities documentation: If you werent a dood, I thonk i could kiss you! lol

The MPanimEngine is PERFECT for a set of parts I have been wondering how I was gonna get the exact functionality of that class, for... :D I cant WAIT to get my hands on the .dll...

Also looks like I can make use of MPSub, as well... giggitty, giggitty.... :P

Edited by Stone Blue

On 8/15/2016 at 3:58 PM, fast_de_la_speed said:

hmm... I don't know how the engines are supposed to function or how i properly build boats... I built a simple yatch, and when i power on the (two) engines it accellerates incredibly fast and pulls to the left immediately. 4x Bitts and such dulled down the effect but it's still prominent. Is there some special way i need to make boats?

A screenshot from the SPH would help. 

On 8/15/2016 at 4:17 PM, Stone Blue said:

Despite it being a secret, any chance you'll get with the times, @Fengist , and throw this up on SpaceDock, as well? :wink::D

And I just took a look at the MPUtilities documentation: If you werent a dood, I thonk i could kiss you! lol

The MPanimEngine is PERFECT for a set of parts I have been wondering how I was gonna get the exact functionality of that class, for... :D I cant WAIT to get my hands on the .dll...

Also looks like I can make use of MPSub, as well... giggitty, giggitty.... :P

Wait till you see what I've come up with.  Imagine a radial engine with a crank shaft, bearing, connecting rods and piston rods all spinning at the same rate as the propeller, and doing the transparent propeller swapping like firespitter... and... basing that all on engine thrust.

On 8/16/2016 at 3:09 AM, Waseemq1235 said:

Guys, can someone give me a download link of the catapults/arresting gear?

It's been a while and the download still isn't working

I really want to exploit those catapults :P

It's on hold status.  I'm still working out some of the issues with it.  As soon as I have something working, I'll put another link up for testing.  Right now, the link is disabled.

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/4/2016 at 11:21 AM, LionGuy said:

Hello I just created an account for this mod i just wanted to aks if this mod is alive if it is when will the carrier parts get released? i looking froward to them.

It is alive and I'm still tinkering around with it.  No firm date for the next test.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.