[1.12.x] The Maritime Pack v0.1.19

Fengist

Ahoy there, if you send me your 1.2 version your working on I could help search through simple parts for you to increase speed whilst you work on the advanced parts. I mean you don't have to but I'm here to help but I can't do all time as you know. I don't know a lot about modding but I can do the basics, keep up the good work.

Edited by Orion Kerman
Didn't make sense

• 2 weeks later...

Maritime Pack 1.9 Released

I know, you're going to be disappointed that there are no new parts in this.  Right now, I just don't have a lot of free time and what time I do have to work on parts, I'm spending on 1869.  But, as promised, I'm keeping this one alive.  This is just a maintenance release to make it work with 1.2.  The only new feature added is a new pump has been added to the submarine bridge. This pump pressurizes the vessel in order to allow deeper than stock dives.

Edited by Fengist

Also, since I don't have much time to work on it, I'm putting the catapult pre-alpha back up.

NOTE: This sorta works.  Use at your own risk!

Download

On 11/8/2016 at 2:54 PM, Orion Kerman said:

Ahoy there, if you send me your 1.2 version your working on I could help search through simple parts for you to increase speed whilst you work on the advanced parts. I mean you don't have to but I'm here to help but I can't do all time as you know. I don't know a lot about modding but I can do the basics, keep up the good work.

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this Orion, been gone a lot the past few weeks.

Right now, I'm not doing a lot of modding on anything really. RL has intervened.  The only thing I'm working on now is getting something out that works with 1.2.  I've put the catapult pre-alpha back up.  If you want to play around with it and let me know the issues you find, that would be a big help for when I do get time to sit down and work on it.

4 hours ago, king dude said:

i was wondering how do i get my boat to the water? maybe im missing a feature and just didn't see it. but my attempts at rocketing them to the water have not gone well XD can someone give me help maybe jpg too?

There's a part called the 'clipper cradle'  Surface mount those on the hull of your ship then attach wheels.  When you get to the water just 'stage' them as you would a stack separator and they'll fall off.

Also, for those who forgot, here's the link to how to use the catapults.

On 22/11/2016 at 10:28 PM, Fengist said:

Also, since I don't have much time to work on it, I'm putting the catapult pre-alpha back up.

NOTE: This sorta works.  Use at your own risk!

Download

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this Orion, been gone a lot the past few weeks.

Right now, I'm not doing a lot of modding on anything really. RL has intervened.  The only thing I'm working on now is getting something out that works with 1.2.  I've put the catapult pre-alpha back up.  If you want to play around with it and let me know the issues you find, that would be a big help for when I do get time to sit down and work on it.

It's expected it takes a lot of effort but thanks for the update I can't wait... JEB  can you be a pirate??? This will be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

@Fengist I really like this mod but it just needs a few more shapes for boats not massive ones!!! I have no need. I have a problem, I made a sub at first and it worked, then I added cargo bays and it exploded every time it touched land. I use vessel mover and KK. I had it in air from vessel move, didn't explode. Touched water and it blew like the K.R.A.K.E.N project did. Also just to tell you I thought I would get bored rotating the sub so slow so I made a reaction wheel with 10,000 power of rotation and I put 6 on and it seems to rotate fast enough.

Edited by Orion Kerman

I used the normal submarine cargo bays with the mod, 10m I dint put anything in.

I use bits for sink/float not the bow/stern I block them.

Edit: I didn't have any water changing mods or anything related to it. And pressure limit was off. I don't really understand VESSEL IS OVER PRESSURISED warning. I use the buttons on the pod but no change.

Edited by Orion Kerman

Similar to what I use, Yet I do not have that problem. I also use the Mk 3 parts a lot to create subs.  Here's an image of an ongoing project I have...

0kuaauY.jpg  L1r2695.jpg

When I first started the project using Mk 2 and Mk 3 pods, I also had explosions whenever cargo bays touched the bottom of the sea. One of the things I did was to add landing gear or legs, depending on the purpose of the sub. Try that... deploy the gear, then touch the bottom. Believe it or not, I tracked it down to speed being in excess of 7 m/s when you hit the bottom...

@adsii1970 love to see that in Jebs crash board on kernys journal!!! I don't really use other parts for the subs only the ones I'm given from maritime. I wonder if there is anything cool there. I would like to see science down there. Also the reaction wheel I made can have the mk2 capsule at a 90 degree angle and can roll along the ground at 25 m/s

Yeah I really don't know why but I was making my sub for transporting my tanks across the sea, I also want to make underwater bases with cargo. Fun!!! I would really like a way to dock subs to ships really easily from underneath. But I know he's got a lot on his hands.

Undersea colonies are nearly impossible. You have to keep the rate of descent under 5 m/s AND is impossible to dock with. I've discovered even the most suble docking mishap is more tragic under Kerbin's sea than in space.

EVAs are also impossible...because no matter how deep, Kerbal's will float!

@Orion Kerman I wasn't aware of any issue with the ccargo bay.  I will look into it though.  At one point in time, it was suppose to house things like mini-subs that never got done.  As for the pressure warning... yep, that's a goof on my part.  Will fix it next release... whenever that is.

4 hours ago, Fengist said:

@Orion Kerman I wasn't aware of any issue with the ccargo bay.  I will look into it though.  At one point in time, it was suppose to house things like mini-subs that never got done.  As for the pressure warning... yep, that's a goof on my part.  Will fix it next release... whenever that is.

Yeah I re- made it and it worked but then as a bug hunter I used a decoupler on the launch pad in the bay and it made the sub fly really high. I used docking port and was fixed

@Fengist

May I ask what software do you use for models because I can change basic things on parts but I can't change textures. So I could use parts from stock to create things like intake air engines and stuff but I don't know how to change textures. 

Sorry to say but I would like a few more things than normal boats, caterams and subs but maybe just one more. (I know your probably working really hard but just an idea) but not massive ones just another type. I have seen this cargo vessel that sinks a bit to load cargo. Maybe a simple pirate ship. I don't know just I want more flexibility in crazy boats.

Great mod. Maybe tech tree integration. I just am an ideas guy.

9 hours ago, Orion Kerman said:

@Fengist

May I ask what software do you use for models because I can change basic things on parts but I can't change textures. So I could use parts from stock to create things like intake air engines and stuff but I don't know how to change textures. 

Sorry to say but I would like a few more things than normal boats, caterams and subs but maybe just one more. (I know your probably working really hard but just an idea) but not massive ones just another type. I have seen this cargo vessel that sinks a bit to load cargo. Maybe a simple pirate ship. I don't know just I want more flexibility in crazy boats.

Great mod. Maybe tech tree integration. I just am an ideas guy.

I use Wings3D for moddeling and Fireworks for texturing. Most older textures for KSP are in an .mbm graphic format.  Newer ones are a compressed .dds format that's rather difficult to get uncompressed.

If you look at the OP for 1869

there's a link to Beale's tutorial on modelling with Wings3D.  That's where I got my start.

Edited by Fengist

18 hours ago, PDelta41 said:

At long last, I have returned. By way of apology, I offer a Community Tech Tree branch, if you're interested.

6LPgc6S.png

I would definitely use this but i don't think any of my mods are used in it...

KIS, maritime pack, bda, vessel mover, tac life support, remote tech. Nope don't think so.

2 hours ago, Orion Kerman said:

I would definitely use this but i don't think any of my mods are used in it...

KIS, maritime pack, bda, vessel mover, tac life support, remote tech. Nope don't think so.

This branch is specifically for things nautical, so just maritime pack and vessel mover, in your case. I've also written MM configs for SM Marine parts, as well. 
It does add more tech nodes, hence, requires more science (hopefully your boats are helping with that). On the other hand, this is what CTT is for; decluttering tech nodes and making the tech tree a little more coherent. So I just created a branch to put boats and ships in.

55 minutes ago, PDelta41 said:

This branch is specifically for things nautical, so just maritime pack and vessel mover, in your case. I've also written MM configs for SM Marine parts, as well. 
It does add more tech nodes, hence, requires more science (hopefully your boats are helping with that). On the other hand, this is what CTT is for; decluttering tech nodes and making the tech tree a little more coherent. So I just created a branch to put boats and ships in.

Well... I'm more of a sandbox guy so, as my mods show, I never spent the time to get them all integrated into a tech tree.  However, should someone wish to go through all my .cfg's and set a proper tech and a 'reasonable' price, I'd definitely be interested in including it.

On 12/11/2016 at 2:10 PM, Orion Kerman said:

@Fengist I believe I was unclear about the cargo vessel. It is one that can sink a bit to carry cargo on the ocean. Here is an image link. 

That.... would be a pain.  It would either require so much tonnage, a new force pushing down, or a hell of a lot of tinkering with drag cubes.  And in the end, I'm not sure what it would carry.

Well, boat parts really don't make much sense in any of the stock tech nodes. I use Community Tech Tree in my career games just because it adds depth and coherence, especially with modded parts. My branch just adds nodes appropriate to boat, ship, and sub parts; it is, however, dependent on CTT. I'll go ahead and look at the parts more closely, and create a MM config that'll price them in a way that is (by my best estimate) balanced. Most of your current focus on the Steampunk pack? Or are there others, as well?

Edited by PDelta41
typo

3 hours ago, PDelta41 said:

Well, boat parts really don't make much sense in any of the stock tech nodes. I use Community Tech Tree in my career games just because it adds depth and coherence, especially with modded parts. My branch just adds nodes appropriate to boat, ship, and sub parts; it is, however, dependent on CTT. I'll go ahead and look at the parts more closely, and create a MM config that'll price them in a way that is (by my best estimate) balanced. Most of your current focus on the Steampunk pack? Or are there others, as well?

Well, when I get time to work on mods, yea, I'm having more fun with steampunk stuff. It allows for a lot more 'creativity' (read stupid stuff).  So, for now, this pack is pretty steady as far as parts go.

@Orion Kerman: I'm sorry it has taken so long for me to respond to your last tag. I bought a new computer; on Tuesday I began transferring all the stuff from the old laptop to the new one. So, for the last few days, I have not been on here.

zcOBGk3.jpg

Unfortunately, the only image I have that shows the scale of the ships is this older one from earlier in the year. The one closest to the island beach is the Dres, the middle is Eeloo. Both of these are "Patrol Craft" within my version of the Kerbin Navy. The one towards the middle of the screen is the Harvester,  and it is considered a cruiser. It's the same class as the cruiser that was mentioned in the previous chapter of Kerny's journal, the Sinaan, that Valentina now commands. There are only four other ships missing from this picture, so I may have to do a reset and reshoot of this image so you can have a better comparison.

5QVz9WV.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.