Where to download 1.1.2

My game updated and the 'Previous Stable Version' beta on steam just re-downloads 1.1.3... all my mods broke when 1.1.3 came out and I don't want to wait for them to update for me to play my game properly.

You have automatic updates on for Steam, and thus it automatically updated to v1.1.3
Unfortunately on the Steam version you cannot get the v1.1.2 files again. Because steam supplies the latest versions of their games and doesn't offer repositories of older versions.
To prevent this from happening ever again when future ksp updates come out is putting of automatic updates.

EDIT: If you have major progress in your savegames and want your problem solved there is only one way, buy the game through the official website.

Edited by Vaporized Steel

Why, oh why, are people still playing this game directly out of the Steam directory?

This 'problem' comes up every single patch of the game! And every single time, people are pointed out that they can easily prevent this from happening by making a copy to another directory which from that moment on will be safe from surprise updates.

Please folks, we're really not telling you to copy the gamedir elsewhere to be all 1337 or anything. Save yourself the headaches! Do not play from the Steam directory... or suffer the mod-breaking consequences every single patch all over again.

@SmokeyM

Your right ofcourse, it wasn't really ment as a suggestion, more like the only method currently available for his problem. Imagine the TS has had weeks of in game playing hours in a career savegame and send hundreds of vessels out into space, he might have the sentiment to buy the game for that reason. I'm just stating the last resort option he currently has.
There is ofcourse another way I am not allowed to mention, and clearly a way the TS doesn't know about, or isn't willing to (in the latter case he probably doesn't care enough meaning he wouldn't want to buy the game)
I'm sure you can imagine what I mean by that "other method"
While I'm giving him one of 2 last resort options which is buying the game, in the same breath I would now suggest the other option that may not be mentioned.

This problem is solely related to how steam operates. My guess is the only reason Squad has a contract with steam is to spread popularity among the gaming community, and as a consequence more income. But it definitely is a major issue for steam users that run into this problem. To the TS, in the future you can copy and paste your steam KSP data folder to a seperate location or turn updates off. I hope your not to devastated by all this.

51 minutes ago, SmokeyM said:

And yet, no official announcement thread was made. The only way I even knew there was an update was when KSP-AVC told me that a lot of my 1.1.2 mods are now out of date. Gee, thanks for the heads up, Squad...

Would an official announcement thread improve the OP's situation? :rolleyes:

I don't use steam though. But I find it rather flawed of steam to not bargain with the ksp developers on some major issues.
The fact your not logging in game progress when you launch it wich Ckan even although it's in your steam game list is about the tipping point.
Not that you care about figures in your steam achievements panel, but that's just "incomplete" service on steam parts, even although you can accuse the reason to a non profit third party plugin like Ckan. Steam should somehow recognize KSP is running even if you start it with third party software. Steam is way to self and corporate centered to even care for a second (my bet)

Luckily I don't suffer from this. But all the condolences to any Steam users out there.

10 minutes ago, SmokeyM said:

If OP were to have an active account on this forum (check), and Squad were to have an announcement (...nope...), OP could check here, see that there's an update, and perhaps be prepared to copy out his gamedir before starting Steam. Not saying that OP would have checked before starting, but at least it would be possible.

Which is exactly what people are telling people to do always, regardless of an announcement or not :wink: 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.