Jump to content

Magic Boulder is Back


Brownhair2
 Share

Recommended Posts

1.1.3 just came out, and this is what I found in the anouncement: "...and and we even found time to hide something small in the game that we're sure a lot of long time fans will appreciate!"

What do you think it is? I definitely think it's some kind of easter egg; might even be the Magic Boulder :kiss:

EDIT: Also, it looks like they fixed the Monoliths

EDIT 2: And made them bigger! Sorry I'm editing so much, I'm just excited :D

UPDATE: New magic boulders have been found. Whether or not the old one exists is yet to be known...

Edited by Brownhair2
exciting stuff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

From the 1.1.3 changelog:

* Added Felipe to crew name generation.

We did it! Kinda wish it was a little more than that, however.

To be fair, they just said they hid something. They didn't specify an easter egg. I do hope it's more than that though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Brownhair2 said:

To be fair, they just said they hid something. They didn't specify an easter egg. I do hope it's more than that though.

Good point, hid. If they hid something, it wouldn't be in the change log, as if it were, it wouldn't be hidden.

Currently, the Magic Boulder fits the description hints they gave better than anything else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, LaytheDragon said:

Good point, hid. If they hid something, it wouldn't be in the change log, as if it were, it wouldn't be hidden.

Currently, the Magic Boulder fits the description hints they gave better than anything else.

You know, I realized this after posting. There's still hope

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AeroAviation said:

gonna have a post on the forums any day now of someone blowing their entire space program budget to find the mysterious magic boulder and come back empty handed

Glory or Death! 

But sandbox exists and you can travel through space with ten struts and a probe core if you're  a smart cheapskate

Edited by Tw1
Unfortunately for me the wait is for my new computer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hm... this is what i've found... I guess, it's not what they've hidden, because it was way too easy to find... Nevertheless i'm curious whether this stone has any special meaning... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The monoliths were always there... but I guess they are bigger now? some were below ground after terrain changes, I guess they fixed that....

someone tell me if they've put the magic boulder back in... i want... I want so bad... (can't play now)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Tw1 said:

Well, what's the wait? To Ike!

They might have moved it somewhere else.  After all, the old location of the magic boulder is publicly available so it wouldn't stay hidden long if they left it where it was...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The monoliths are huge now. I had a weird issue in 112 and then clicked on steam and was amazed to see the 113 update in progress. After the update tried the same mission causing my lockup and all was well. And  I did notice on launch there was this huge black object off in the distance where the monolith should be.

I didnt have much time on 113 before shutting down for the night but I noticed how much smoother things seemed over 112. It seemed to have lost the jitters and misaligned navball. Perhaps I was just getting a goodly cpu hit from those. One thing was mechjeb is toast again. I use that to execute nodes I setup so now I have to actually pay attention to burn times lol oh the horror!

 

What if they didnt actually add any new easter eggs and just said they did to get back at everyone complaining???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, KerikBalm said:

The monoliths were always there... but I guess they are bigger now? some were below ground after terrain changes, I guess they fixed that....

 

LOL... you are right... in KSP 1.0.5 it was so tiny ;-) I've added second screenshoot - the difference is huge! :) I guess Squad's selfesteem has grown significantly with this KSP release :)

Edited by p8R
album added
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, p8R said:

LOL... you are right... in KSP 1.0.5 it was so tiny ;-) I've added second screenshoot - the difference is huge! :) I guess Squad's selfesteem has grown significantly with this KSP release :)

Yes, as well as making it quite a bit bigger, they've also raised it up so it sits on the surface rather than about half of it being underground...

(Incidentally, your old post is still only showing the one photo in the album for me, I had to view it on imgur.com to see the other one)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wragie said:

The monoliths are huge now. I had a weird issue in 112 and then clicked on steam and was amazed to see the 113 update in progress. After the update tried the same mission causing my lockup and all was well. And  I did notice on launch there was this huge black object off in the distance where the monolith should be.

I didnt have much time on 113 before shutting down for the night but I noticed how much smoother things seemed over 112. It seemed to have lost the jitters and misaligned navball. Perhaps I was just getting a goodly cpu hit from those. One thing was mechjeb is toast again. I use that to execute nodes I setup so now I have to actually pay attention to burn times lol oh the horror!

 

What if they didnt actually add any new easter eggs and just said they did to get back at everyone complaining???

That's actually very interesting. I honestly think they added it to make us ignore the bugs and have something to do other than find bugs.

1 hour ago, Gman_builder said:

The only real reason to visit Dres right now is the canyon. So it would make sense if they put the boulder there.

Well Dres has been having a lot of controversy as of now and I doubt that it would be there but it's not a bad idea seeing as there is NOTHING except the canyon. I'll have to go there sometime again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Magic Boulder was moved to another celestial body, I would assume either Dres or Kerbin. Dres, because it is similar to Ike and often avoided, and Kerbin to replicate the Black Knight Satellite or to see how many people overlook it. Trolls from the developers?

Also, I come from the age of KSP 0.90, yet I still know about the Magic Boulder. I always wanted to see if I could put a poor kerbal on it, but alas, it was removed. :(

Edited by ProtoJeb21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...