Magic Boulder is Back

Brownhair2

16 minutes ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

*Realizes I haven't looked at the last few pages of the thread*

I can't tell whether I should feel incredibly stupid or very, very excited for the magic boulder's return.

I'm so stupid.

Sorry.

Reveal hidden contents

Just to clear this up, I'm an idiot who didn't read the post, ok?

ThatGuyWithALongUsername

• First to deny existence of Magic Boulder

Yeah, u have earned THAT :D

So to find it we have to visit small asteroids in the hope one of them is the magic one?

Squad should have hidden it around a Jool moon and left clues all over the solar system. Now that would have been cool.

3 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

So to find it we have to visit small asteroids in the hope one of them is the magic one?

Squad should have hidden it around a Jool moon and left clues all over the solar system. Now that would have been cool.

Yeah! And intergalactic treasure hunt sounds awesome. 

First find some clues on the Mun then Duna then other planets all leading to one place.....

14 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

10 minutes ago, worir4 said:

Yeah! And intergalactic treasure hunt sounds awesome. 

First find some clues on the Mun then Duna then other planets all leading to one place.....

You might already know this, but they were originally going to do that. It was going to lead to a planet.

1 minute ago, klesh said:

The colors would be cool if we had all those different colored resources from that big chart.  Resource specific Magic Boulders, as it were.  

So would you just find raw fuel or whatever in the asteroid, or you could only use the ore to make a certain type of fuel?

Just now, Brownhair2 said:

So would you just find raw fuel or whatever in the asteroid, or you could only use the ore to make a certain type of fuel?

Maybe you have the chance of a specific resource usually found on a faraway planet zoomin by Kerbin, or somesuch.  You know the chart I'm on about... with those several resources.  I could see having a % chance of the more rare resources flying around. 

16 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

If they also spawn around Dres, it'd make it much easier to find one.

A reason for a majority of the KSP fans to go visit Dres? Heck yeah!

Also, I suggest making a spacecraft with 6  long "arms" each tipped with a grabber so that the different colored Magic Boulders can be arranged like a proper pallet.

Or they can be used as LKO vacation hotels :P

I was considering on placing an asteroid into orbit around Kerbin, and then rendezous it with a space station so that I can have a massive asteroid sticking onto the craft...

Well, I think I'm going to build a space station (and hyperedit an asteroid into orbit just to look at it...)

58 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

If they also spawn around Dres, it'd make it much easier to find one.

38 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

A reason for a majority of the KSP fans to go visit Dres? Heck yeah!

Also, I suggest making a spacecraft with 6  long "arms" each tipped with a grabber so that the different colored Magic Boulders can be arranged like a proper pallet.

Or they can be used as LKO vacation hotels :P

Don't asteroids already spawn around Dres? And how is getting to Dres easier than finding these things in orbit around Kerbin? lol O_o

14 minutes ago, NikoKun said:

Don't asteroids already spawn around Dres? And how is getting to Dres easier than finding these things in orbit around Kerbin? lol O_o

They do, but we don't know if Magic Boulder ones do.

And it's far easier to check a dozen Dresteroids (which all orbit Dres on its equator, IIRC) than rendezvousing with multiple Sun-orbiting asteroids.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.