Magic Boulder is Back

Brownhair2

Just now, KasperVld said:

I think you're the first to find it. Congrats!

7 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

I don't trust this. Not at all.

I take that back. Sucks that it isn't where I thought it would be.

1 minute ago, Astrofox said:

Huh?

Somehow doesn't feel like the old times...

But you know what? I think we need to have a special one spawn in Dunian orbit.... With a monolith, perhaps?

Or Jool near the orbit of Vall, to represent 2001.

33 minutes ago, Alberto De Beni said:

Apparently the new Magic Boulder is a randomly generated asteroid

ZignP2n.png

18 minutes ago, Arsonide said:

Ding ding ding ding! Just under 24 hours. :)

So does this mean we can capture the Magic Boulder and shove it a polar Ike orbit ourselves?  What's its ore concentration?

4 minutes ago, Alberto De Beni said:

If i remember correctly 89%, around 30 tons

Wow, rich and fairly light.  Unless I'm wrong about how hollowing out an asteroid goes, that's a dry mass of 3.3...we can probably put that thing almost anywhere!  In fact...assuming a smallish processing and propulsion system of say, 6 tonnes, that's ln(36/9.3)*800g = 10.6km/s...yup, almost any dang where.

1 hour ago, KasperVld said:

I think you're the first to find it. Congrats!

*applause*

So I guess the old Magic Boulder isn't coming back. That's too bad. This one is pretty cool though.

Edited by Brownhair2
moar stuff

5 hours ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

I'm honestly not entirely sure whether they added the Magic Boulder back in or if they're talking being  "Felipe" being in the name generator. I hope it's the Magic Boulder- I guess we have to start looking for it again!

They didn't add anything to Dres, and I'm mostly certain of that. True description/KSPedia page has stayed the same, and the last line was added after 1.0, referring to the ring of asteroids.

Sorry, but the monoliths aren't new. They've been in the game practically forever, the only difference is that they are slightly bigger now in 1.1.3. They also fixed some of them since a few were broken and underground. 

Is there a mod that plain removes those Squad monoliths?

53 minutes ago, Tricky14 said:

Is there a mod that plain removes those Squad monoliths?

Yes.  As their locations are hard coded, any resized version of kerbin will bury them.  I haven't seen a monolith, or any other egg, in years.

Just now, Firemetal said:

Is there just one in the entire game or are there multiple randomly generated?

...one what?

For monoliths, neither is true. There are several scattered across Kerbin and its moons in set, hard-coded positions, and they have been there since 0.15, I think. I may be wrong, I wasn't playing back then.

There is only one magic boulder, and it used to be in a 15km polar orbit around Ike.

6 minutes ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

...one what?

For monoliths, neither is true. There are several scattered across Kerbin and its moons in set, hard-coded positions, and they have been there since 0.15, I think. I may be wrong, I wasn't playing back then.

There is only one magic boulder, and it used to be in a 15km polar orbit around Ike.

I mean new magic boulder. Does one spawn in the whole game or are there multiple with that texture. If there is multiple, I might make an effort to try and find them.

Just now, Firemetal said:

I mean new magic boulder. Does one spawn in the whole game or are there multiple with that texture. If there is multiple, I might make an effort to try and find them.

We don't know if there is a new magic boulder... this is just speculation. I hope there is, the magic boulder is always fun! I think...

I doubt it would generate randomly, though, if it exists. The Magic Boulder is NOT an asteroid, I doubt asteroid generation code would allow for that anyways.

Just now, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

We don't know if there is a new magic boulder... this is just speculation. I hope there is, the magic boulder is always fun! I think...

I doubt it would generate randomly, though, if it exists. The Magic Boulder is NOT an asteroid, I doubt asteroid generation code would allow for that anyways.

Oh so it is a new easter egg then? Or are you just going to throw the screen shot and squad comments out the door?

4 minutes ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

*Realizes I haven't looked at the last few pages of the thread*

I can't tell whether I should feel incredibly stupid or very, very excited for the magic boulder's return.

I'm so stupid.

Sorry.

Spoiler

Just to clear this up, I'm an idiot who didn't read the post, ok?

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.