Magic Boulder is Back

Brownhair2

8 hours ago, Sandworm said:

If it moves realtive to it's surroundings, then it is a station.  If it doesn't, then it is a base.

A space station orbits a body.  A space base (starbase) does not orbit, being either stationary in space or stationary on a surface.  Imho, anything at a lagrange point is also a "base".

If it moves relative to its surroundings because of wheels, then it's a rover.

14 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Who will be the first to find a green one? If there is green ones... so far, we've got blue, orange, and pink. I would poke around, but its late and I'm going on a trip tomorrow...

I did a couple hours ago  :cool:

2fI8IFL.png

11 hours ago, AbacusWizard said:

I'd love to see a li'l asteroid with a monolith sticking out. It'd look a bit like the planetoid from Little Prince.

Maybe a Chance to retrieve Kerbals from spacecraft attached to asteroids, perhaps?

3 hours ago, regex said:

No, they just stopped listening to you.

Twist that knife.. ;.;

32 minutes ago, regex said:

Yeah, they brought back the magic boulder.

No they didn't. They introduced some textures on small asteroids.

Bring back the magic boulder!

4 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

Does that mean the Aztec temple is now back above ground?

I never remember it being under the ground. But yes, it is above ground. At least with my terrain settings.

3 hours ago, Brownhair2 said:

I never remember it being under the ground. But yes, it is above ground. At least with my terrain settings.

Yeah, when they did the terrain re-map, the one where the Mun went from being mostly quite smooth to having lots of craters, whichever update that was, the temple ended up being below ground.

8 hours ago, Brownhair2 said:
On June 23, 2016 at 9:22 AM, GregroxMun said:
  • Still no colliders for Monoliths.

You were saying?

You can see at 10 seconds in that he's playing KSP 1.1.3, however, watch below, and explain...
(skip to 3:40 for the actual demonstration)

Are they selectively "substantial"? Do some have colliders and some not?

Edited by richfiles

5 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

Yeah, when they did the terrain re-map, the one where the Mun went from being mostly quite smooth to having lots of craters, whichever update that was, the temple ended up being below ground.

The ancient ruins have been normal and on the surface where they belong since I started playing, in 0.25. I also only run at the highest terrain graphic setting. The graphics settings did used to cause some objects to appear below the ground or in the sky.

Edited by richfiles

14 hours ago, richfiles said:

Are they selectively "substantial"? Do some have colliders and some not?

This would appear to be the case. It is strange that, in spite of all the easter eggs being touched up, colliders were not added to the ones that didn't get any the first time.

Edited by NovaSilisko

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.