gagarinekerman

[1.2] Kerbal Kommander: a new way to play KSP

Recommended Posts

Hey kerbonaut!

 

Kerbal Kommander is a new way to play KSP based on a savefile, two parts, and a plugin. Instead of managing a space center, you play as Jebediah Kerman. You are a ship pilot who wants to create his own space company. This adventure takes place a long time after the normal game. All of the Kerbol system has been colonized so there are space stations around every planet. You will have to fly between the stations to earn kredits. You can use the kredits buy bigger ships or hire some crews.

 

There are a few jobs you can do to earn money:

Trader:

This is the easiest way to prosper, you should start by this because you don't need a huge ship and if you carefully check the prices list, you can earn quite a lot of money.

The principle is simple: you buy some resources in a space station and then you resell them at higher prices in another one.

To buy or sell resources, you need to transfer them into a station screen. The resources you buy will appear in the screen.

BUY LOW AND SELL HIGH

 

Miner:

When you have enough money to afford a mining drill, you can become a miner. This activity has a big advantage: you can create your fuel so you won't need to buy it.

CREATE A BIG MINING SOCIETY

 

Asteroids hunter:

If you are a badass and pieces of wood are not enough for you, this activity is made for you! You will need to use the tracking station to find asteroids, then grab them and sell them at the nearest space station. The Bigger the asteroid is, the more money you will earn.

BECOME THE MOST BADASS ASTEROID HUNTER

 

Scientist:

Explore the Kerbol system to do research and transmit it to earn money. Create huge vessels with lots of laboratories and scientific stuff; Hire the best scientific crew to run the biggest scientific ship of all the Kerbol system.

CREATE AN EFFICIENT LABORATORY

 

Slave trafficker:

This is a very efficient way to earn money if you don't have ethics… You buy slaves in a pirate station and then you resell them at higher prices in another one. But don't approach a no-pirate station or the police will find your traffic!

BECOME A HEARTLESS PIRATE

 

Good luck, a big adventure is waiting for you!

 

The Gagarine Kerman company

 

 

Imgur Album

 

 

DOWNLOAD

 

licence: This mod is under the MIT licence.

 

 

New Update: 0.3

changelog:

  • Adding 5 new contract for kerbals kommanders games:
    • Infiltrations missions: you need to infiltrate an ennemy station to destroy it
    • Refueling contract: you have to carry some ressources to a ship
    • Rescue mission: you have to pick up lost crew and bring them back to a station
    • Tourism Contract: you have to pick up crew in a station and ferry them to another one
    • Trading Contract: you have to carry some ressources to a station
  • Adding a "shield" for the station, you can't destroy them
  • Fix the docking bug
  • codes improvements

 

 

How to install Kerbal Kommander?

- Put the "KerbalKommander" and "ModuleManager" folders in your "GameData" folder.
- Put the folder "kerbal kommander" folder in your "saves folder".

How to play?

- Start KSP and open the save kerbal kommander.
- Go to the Tracking Station and Fly the "Kerbin station" (the first).
- Jebediah will be in the station.
- First, you need a ship. Click on a screen and select "Ship shop". A window will appear and you can buy a ship or create a new one by clicking "Buy a ship" or "design a new ship" if you haven't made a ship.
- Then you are ready for a big adventure!

 

 

This mod is in alpha so if you have a bug or any

other problem, please report them in the in this topic.


Coming "soon":

 

Spoiler

- Transport company

- Possibility to create your own space station

- Dogfights

- Dynamic economy

- Bases on planets

- Multiplayer support

- AI

And a lot more...

 

 

Thank you DOSLuke for helping me to correct all the spelling/grammar mistakes. :wink:

And one last thing, I'm French and there will probably be some mistakes so please tell me if you find them.

Enjoy !

Edited by gagarinekerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds very interesting. You should follow the rule of no images, no clicks! People want to see your work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

This sounds very interesting. You should follow the rule of no images, no clicks! People want to see your work.

Thank you, I take note !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pap1723 said:

This sounds very interesting. You should follow the rule of no images, no clicks! People want to see your work.

well, moar a guideline, no rule :D

Edited by Speadge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is intriguing, but can you give us a little more idea of how it works? Screenshots always helpful. How does it work? Does it require a specific save file with pre-loaded space stations, etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BinaryBad said:

This is intriguing, but can you give us a little more idea of how it works? Screenshots always helpful. How does it work? Does it require a specific save file with pre-loaded space stations, etc?

I added the part of the "read me" with How to play and how to install, maybe it's clearer ? :wink:

EDIT: yes, there is a savefile with space station

Edited by gagarinekerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

X3: Kerbalization

Fascinating, I'l be watching this very closely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing left is to implement space warfare. With realistic orbital mechanics (unlike other space games), it would feel quite unusual: "Arrggh! I missed that freighter this time, but I gonna get him on the next orbit. And on the next one after it I'll collect his freight... If noone docks to it before me..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this change ANYTHING in the other gameplays? Can i still continue other saves having this in my GameData folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid question: in order to trade, do I need to dock with the station or just enter Jebediah by EVA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Jebediah will be in the station.
- First, you need a ship click on a screen and select "Ship shop", a window will appear, now you can buy a ship or create a new one by clicking on "Buy a ship" or "design a new ship" if you don't have create a ship.

 

 

=> i dont get it...additional: my IVA is turned around... i dont see jebs view, i directly see into his face on going IVA
EDIT: nevermid, got it:

u mean the Station parts - there are screens on them.

Didnt see it, cause thee save was starting "at night"

Edited by Speadge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ser said:

The only thing left is to implement space warfare. With realistic orbital mechanics (unlike other space games), it would feel quite unusual: "Arrggh! I missed that freighter this time, but I gonna get him on the next orbit. And on the next one after it I'll collect his freight... If noone docks to it before me..."

I want to implement it too but right now, I focus on other features. maybe you can try with a multiplayer mod and BDArmory... :wink:

49 minutes ago, Speadge said:

Does this change ANYTHING in the other gameplays? Can i still continue other saves having this in my GameData folder?

In theorie you can play normaly but it's not guaranteed...

42 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

Stupid question: in order to trade, do I need to dock with the station or just enter Jebediah by EVA?

You just need to dock if you want to tranfer resources (so this is almost every time)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool.  Is there an ultimate goal for Jeb?  "Accrue X amount of credits" or perhaps the plug-in has a space program that he can purchase similar to his ability to purchase ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gagarinekerman said:

I want to implement it too but right now, I focus on other features. maybe you can try with a multiplayer mod and BDArmory... :wink:

I don't insist. Have spoken just theoretically about that as I don't like any warfare in KSP and don't use it. But it would very interesting to see if someone implements it.

Edited by Ser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks, just made a new folder since i saw that the "idea" is kinda messed up with different part packs....

So u might want to add in the description that "non-stock-parts" will destroy the balancing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ser said:

I don't insist. Have spoken just theoretically about that as I don't like any warfare in KSP and don't use it.

seriously, it's a very good idea, the problem is the AI in space but it should be really fun !

2 minutes ago, Speadge said:

thanks, just made a new folder since i saw that the "idea" is kinda messed up with different part packs....

So u might want to add in the description that "non-stock-parts" will destroy the balancing

some mods can be very interesting ( I imagine with extraplanetary lauch pad for example, we could sell ships !)

You can buy resources from mod if you have a container docked with the station so you can have life support mods for example.

About the part pack, I think that if the price are set correctly, it should not unballance the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gagarinekerman said:

some mods can be very interesting ( I imagine with extraplanetary lauch pad for example, we could sell ships !)

You can buy resources from mod if you have a container docked with the station so you can have life support mods for example.

About the part pack, I think that if the price are set correctly, it should not unballance the game.

Donno,

i just launched it in my heavy-modded install and had no mk1 pod to start with. Several overpowered parts were available - but not all.. thought u implemented some kind of "progression" for not everything beeing available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Speadge said:

Donno,

i just launched it in my heavy-modded install and had no mk1 pod to start with. Several overpowered parts were available - but not all.. thought u implemented some kind of "progression" for not everything beeing available?

You're actually limited by your credits, so with 20K kredits I don't think you'll be able to create a supership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For extra effort, you could implement life support, but it would have to be really generous given how much they bulk up ships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my...And you are new here too... You have a bright future my friend. Very Bright! :D BTW does it skip the KSC and go straight to an orbiting ship? If so i'd like permission to use part of your mod as a dependency on one of my own. Just read the rest of your post... Answered my question :wink:

Edited by daniel l.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

You're actually limited by your credits, so with 20K kredits I don't think you'll be able to create a supership.

damn, i totally forgot that MONEY is a dependency for SEEING things in the editor -.-

 

so, seriously, i am missing some parts in editor when loading the game...
since its not a sandbox, might there be missing some technodes that came with mods (CTT / SETI-CTT)?

Edited by Speadge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.