[1.2] Kerbal Kommander: a new way to play KSP

gagarinekerman

I realized that the resources were not, in fact, disappearing, the screens just have such a huge capacity that the green bar doesn't even show.

I also have two questions, one modding and one gameplay.

Gameplay: Any info on prices by location?

Modding: I built a police cruiser for story purposes before realizing that there was a Police module. What does it do, and can I create a part using it for my police cruiser?

congrats !!! 

one of the best game-play Enhancements for ksp that I have seen so far.
seriously
a great enrichment - for all who are like me 'on oldie'. win-commander -Privateer was one of the coolest games of the 80's - great idea for ksp.

if I squad developer I would look at this mod precisely because it has a big potential for a real expansion of KSP.

ok maybe I think a little further - but here I already see the welcome returning from classics game 'privateer' ... it's the talk of trade, credits, and by later dogfights - maybe classic missions will be added as privateer.

-  should really like a nice implemented ksp-commander privateer version to play.
cheers, raendy

for all who are interested - here there is an open source implementation of privateer which was published a few years ago.
http://privateer.sourceforge.net

here are a few pictures of the newly established classic Privateer.

Spoiler

--

wip102n02.jpg

work-in-progress-shipdealer-upgrade-bay.

screenshot-tarsus-on-new-detroit.png

redbaron_3dview06.jpg

screenshot-102-terminal.jpg

this is the solar system of the game 'privateer'

privateer_quadrant_map.jpg

ASTEROID.BMP

--

here on of my prefered ships from wing-commander privateer -

redbaron_3dview09.jpg

- and here my 3d implementation

() here 3-d model view on sketchfab   https://sketchfab.com/models/5221d0801d8c447baf0b5dc663c57644

gqoSL4F.jpg

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

each planet / moon could have a surface base aswell.

maybe change the ore converters, so there generating diamonds / steel from ore ^^

mining isnt that great, because you need alot infrastructure to make profit from it ;(

just a mining drill and some cargo wont make sense, because you have to transport the stuff from the moon surface.

ore is just way to cheap, even a full 1500 container is 15 funds worth.

you have to make youre own fuel in order to generate some money from that.

or do i miss something?

Edited by Mileaos2

2 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

I realized that the resources were not, in fact, disappearing, the screens just have such a huge capacity that the green bar doesn't even show.

I also have two questions, one modding and one gameplay.

Gameplay: Any info on prices by location?

Modding: I built a police cruiser for story purposes before realizing that there was a Police module. What does it do, and can I create a part using it for my police cruiser?

Gameplay : In the folder you download, there is a folder "price"

Modding : This plug-in make that if there are illegalstuff in the station, all the illegal stuff are remove and you have to pay a penalty

20 minutes ago, Mileaos2 said:

each planet / moon could have a surface base aswell.

maybe change the ore converters, so there generating diamonds / steel from ore ^^

mining isnt that great, because you need alot infrastructure to make profit from it ;(

just a mining drill and some cargo wont make sense, because you have to transport the stuff from the moon surface.

ore is just way to cheap, even a full 1500 container is 15 funds worth.

you have to make youre own fuel in order to generate some money from that.

or do i miss something?

I will improve the miner activity in the futur, but you can play it now, I managed to played it with the vessel you can see here (wich cost 26 000 $): http://imgur.com/vDKyPaa

I transform the ore to mono propellant wich cost 1$ in minmus station. So this is not an activity for the begin of the game but when you have more money, it's interessant :wink:

5 minutes ago, MK3424 said:

Oh and you misspelled 'Diamond' (you spelled it as Dimond)

Oh ! yes you're right, I fix it ! :wink:

Just had a chat with @Malah and he confirmed that his "Quick IVA"-mod gives u a complete IVA experience.

my thoughts on this:

- load the game directly into jebs IVA
- build things like in RPG: he has to leave his seat, EVA to the screens, buy a ship
- fly to other stations only with the help of the map screen (you dont have fancy other stuff that u would when having a complete ground station
- make RPM as dependency - and dockingcam. So people would need to add cams to their ship to see whats going on outside. They even need to plan a good cockpit to see where they are or to use all features of RPM
- ppl could use kOS or else cause it will be much harder to fly with IVA only - so u might want to add a "smart computer for things"... and so on..

F4Y00cv.png

Alltogether i think it would add a bunch to the "other gameplay" u wanted to achieve and to the classic RPG-gameplay :)

@gagarinekerman @MK3424

Edited by Speadge

3 minutes ago, Speadge said:

Just had a chat with malah and he confirmed that his "Quick IVA"-mod gives u a complete IVA experience.

my thoughts on this:

- load the game directly into jebs IVA
- build things like in RPG: he has to leave his seat, EVA to the screens, buy a ship
- fly to other stations only with the help of the map screen (you dont have fancy other stuff that u would when having a complete ground station
- make RPM as dependency - and dockingcam. So people would need to add cams to their ship to see whats going on outside. They even need to plan a good cockpit to see where they are or to use all features of RPM
- ppl could use kOS or else cause it will be much harder to fly with IVA only - so u might want to add a "smart computer for things"... and so on..

F4Y00cv.png

Alltogether i think it would add a bunch to the "other gameplay u wanted to achieve and to the classic RPG-gameplay---

@gagarinekerman @MK3424

It could be a very interesting experience but you can already do that, I think that I can just advise these mods and the people who want this gameplay download them.

If I make it "official", it will just two line to say "please download these mods !" and a very little modification in the save... :wink:

finally, RPM is quite difficulte so I don't want to discourage some players :mellow:

But it's true that some Mod can bring a very cool game experience ! :lol:

11 minutes ago, gagarinekerman said:

It could be a very interesting experience but you can already do that, I think that I can just advise these mods and the people who want this gameplay download them.

If I make it "official", it will just two line to say "please download these mods !" and a very little modification in the save... :wink:

finally, RPM is quite difficulte so I don't want to discourage some players :mellow:

But it's true that some Mod can bring a very cool game experience ! :lol:

well, i undestand your statement.
Its just my idea how this mod could look/work like. - and if you share it, you could recoomend those mods for the "full" experience - though kOS might be a bit overshot...

But since this would change gameplay dramatically and might need some adjustments in the world you "provide", it might be goog if you consider that people are playing this way and even support it.

2 hours ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

congrats !!! 

one of the best game-play Enhancements for ksp that I have seen so far.
seriously
a great enrichment - for all who are like me 'on oldie'. win-commander -Privateer was one of the coolest games of the 80's - great idea for ksp.

if I squad developer I would look at this mod precisely because it has a big potential for a real expansion of KSP.

ok maybe I think a little further - but here I already see the welcome returning from classics game 'privateer' ... it's the talk of trade, credits, and by later dogfights - maybe classic missions will be added as privateer.

-  should really like a nice implemented ksp-commander privateer version to play.
cheers, raendy

for all who are interested - here there is an open source implementation of privateer which was published a few years ago.
http://privateer.sourceforge.net

here are a few pictures of the newly established classic Privateer.

Reveal hidden contents

--

wip102n02.jpg

work-in-progress-shipdealer-upgrade-bay.

screenshot-tarsus-on-new-detroit.png

redbaron_3dview06.jpg

screenshot-102-terminal.jpg

this is the solar system of the game 'privateer'

privateer_quadrant_map.jpg

ASTEROID.BMP

--

here on of my prefered ships from wing-commander privateer -

redbaron_3dview09.jpg

- and here my 3d implementation

() here 3-d model view on sketchfab   https://sketchfab.com/models/5221d0801d8c447baf0b5dc663c57644

gqoSL4F.jpg

Could I convince you to import this into KSP? It's pretty awesome already but I'd love to play with an Elite fighter with Newtonian physics :wink:

6 minutes ago, DuoDex said:

Could I convince you to import this into KSP? It's pretty awesome already but I'd love to play with an Elite fighter with Newtonian physics :wink:

If you give me a model of this ship, it should be simple to import it in the game :wink: But I'm not good at modelling and texturing so I do so complex model.

If you find a good modeller who have the same idea as you, it's possible !

and with few mods you can easily design that sort of ships

Two ideas for you:

• When you add missions, just repurpose the contract system, unless that's harder than building it from scratch.
  • Possible missions:
    • Slightly modified contracts, eg. "Carry a passenger from Kerbin station to Mun station" , "Investigate a strange formation on Mun" or "Rescue failed exploration mission".
    • Police contracts- Help take down pirate ships and stations by sneaking officers in or giving intel (crew reports) from the stations.

33 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Two ideas for you:

• When you add missions, just repurpose the contract system, unless that's harder than building it from scratch.
  • Possible missions:
    • Slightly modified contracts, eg. "Carry a passenger from Kerbin station to Mun station" , "Investigate a strange formation on Mun" or "Rescue failed exploration mission".
    • Police contracts- Help take down pirate ships and stations by sneaking officers in or giving intel (crew reports) from the stations.

Thank you for all the idea, I think that the missions will come with the faction system. :wink:

About the passager Carrying, I want to do a complex activity with the need of a licence, different type of carring (militaire, tourism...)

3 hours ago, DuoDex said:

Could I convince you to import this into KSP? It's pretty awesome already but I'd love to play with an Elite fighter with Newtonian physics

is difficult, especially since I want to make still me outstanding mods (aiakos) done.

but the real reason is (as now published in this thread) my displeasure over the conduct of ksp community.

all people require that wish to bring and suggestions, and 99% constructive criticism - great that I enjoy that I find motivating. :D

Then you publish your mods - weeks later several thousand downloads on - but today NOT a cent donated .. not 1 cent.

That makes me think. and to rethink.  :o

So I express it differently:
Today it is a matter of course for mp3 songs downloads to pay some cents. Well - it finances the artist whose work and other future music projects,

the land on the music platforms and offered for sale. -> a healthy circulatory system, it comes in money and it also comes a more valuable it out ..

my question :

- Why game mod developers (class of "artists") must that do everything for free - why is this "for-free" mentality normality. ?

* have the game mod artists no life? no family :) ?

* Live the mod developer for-free without having to pay rent ? 

* And last of all - have we mod-developers the 'Einsteins-relativity-laws' broken and have unlimited time .. "free-time" for ever  ^_^an unlimited reservoir of time .. ?

026F91630000044D-3333250-image-a-2_14484

the answers is symple :  no

because what is true for music artist - also has the same validity for other artists such game-mod artist, developers etc.

perhaps you would have a separate thread for this topic Start - would take me wonder how other mod developers think about it?

sorry all for the long text,  Of course this is just my opinion  - no offense - all good greetings and all the best

cheers, Raendy

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

59 minutes ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

is difficult, especially since I want to make still me outstanding mods (aiakos) done.

but the real reason is (as now published in this thread) my displeasure over the conduct of ksp community.

all people require that wish to bring and suggestions, and 99% constructive criticism - great that I enjoy that I find motivating. :D

Then you publish your mods - weeks later several thousand downloads on - but today NOT a cent donated .. not 1 cent.

That makes me think. and to rethink.  :o

So I express it differently:
Today it is a matter of course for mp3 songs downloads to pay some cents. Well - it finances the artist whose work and other future music projects,

the land on the music platforms and offered for sale. -> a healthy circulatory system, it comes in money and it also comes a more valuable it out ..

my question :

- Why game mod developers (class of "artists") must that do everything for free - why is this "for-free" mentality normality. ?

* have the game mod artists no life? no family :) ?

* Live the mod developer for-free without having to pay rent ? 

* And last of all - have we mod-developers the 'Einsteins-relativity-laws' broken and have unlimited time .. "free-time" for ever  ^_^an unlimited reservoir of time .. ?

026F91630000044D-3333250-image-a-2_14484

the answers is symple :  no

because what is true for music artist - also has the same validity for other artists such game-mod artist, developers etc.

perhaps you would have a separate thread for this topic Start - would take me wonder how other mod developers think about it?

sorry all for the long text,  Of course this is just my opinion  - no offense - all good greetings and all the best

cheers, Raendy

Concordo pienamente.

It's sad the great part of the community can't understand how much effort patience and time is needed to make and maintain a mod.

Everyone would like to have the mod just like he wants, not following the modder vision of HIS idea. In the last few years I saw many modders quit leaving unbelievable beautiful mods disappear, cause to the many requests from the community. We have the example of Kerbalism, the most recent: 2000 hours to create a complex, modular, complete, awesome new experience. In few months, so many requests, so much time to change his mod to reflect the community will (that partially I can agree, like about mods common resources) and in the end, the owner disappeared. Ok, it's just a little more than 2 weeks, but I feel he was tired.

This community is awesome, probably the best gaming community I've ever seen, but it's far from mature.

I'm sorry for the OT.

Edited by Nansuchao

11 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

It's sad the great part of the community can't understand how much effort patience and time is needed to make and maintain a mod.

could we start a new topic for this, since i dont think its much respectful to spam the first few sides of a new mod with right THIS topic?
Dont get me wrong, would like to add my 3 cents (to the topic and to several mods) - but i think its not a good idea to bring the "donation" topic up here.

Thanks

Well, I started to learn programming this year and kerbal kommander is the first mod I have done, so I don't have any experience in molding.

But I've done this mod for my pleasure, for the pleasure of programming and the pleasure of playing the mod I wanted. So I can understand how difficult it can be when you have a lot of pressure and you have to do something you don't like... 

Ok, so I made a bunch of starter vessels and sent them to @gagarinekerman. Made sure all of them have enough dV to go from LKO to Mun or Minmus and land. I also made a bunch of small stations that consist of >30 parts.

I'll probably try and make some more if I find free time.

23 minutes ago, Veeltch said:

Ok, so I made a bunch of starter vessels and sent them to @gagarinekerman. Made sure all of them have enough dV to go from LKO to Mun or Minmus and land. I also made a bunch of small stations that consist of >30 parts.

I'll probably try and make some more if I find free time.

Thank you, if somebody else is interested by creating ship which I can add to the kk savefile, just sent it to me :wink: