[1.2] Kerbal Kommander: a new way to play KSP

gagarinekerman

4 hours ago, gagarinekerman said:

Yes, I want to add specific resources you can just find on some places, like water or a liquid which we can only find on the Eve ocean... I take note of the resources you suggest, they are very interesting too :wink:

Water should be available at any planet or moon that has a body of water or an icy surface, So i assume that would mean Kerbin, Eve, Laythe, Vall, And Eeloo.

But on a different note, I would like to know if i could use some of the source code of your mod in mine? 

Weird things happen when you scale things down so much, For example the KSC gets glitchy, The code from your mod could provide some autonomy from the KSC.

22 minutes ago, Iago said:

Is it possible to make vessels move even when they are not loaded? If it is, then perhaps there will be convoys of transports to pirate?

Convoys sound interesting also from the view of making all those stations not look so lonely or as other potential story/contract based targets e.g. "Convoy XR27 from Duna to Tylo has suffered damage. Rush emergency supplies to them before..."

Rescue contracts already spawn vessels on fixed orbits and Contract Configurator has various spawning options as well. So setting up "targets" in interplanetary space or parking orbits shouldn't be too difficult. Having them react to a threat or try to defend themselves or making other "routine" manoeuvres would be another matter - perhaps some code from BDArmory or Burn Together? Orbital Decay also changes orbits of unfocused vessels so there may be something there too.

2 hours ago, Bob Jub said:

So.. I bought a ship at the station I started on with Jeb.. but I can't get Jeb out of the station to retrieve the ship,, I'm stuck in the structural parts.

Right click on the lander can, Then select "Transfer Crew" then left click on any pod with an exposed airlock.

When I go to buy a vessel the vessel I just designed does not show up in the ship shop

I have hit design a vessel ive made mine it costs under 20k I go back out to the kerbin station but when I go to purchase it the ship isn't an option so I can't purchase the ship I designed in order to get started on Jeb's bizarre adventure.

This mod looks freekin awesome and I would love to get into it, Either i'm doing something wrong or something is bugged, Probably doing something wrong honestly.

EDIT: I was able to get my ship to be purchasable by overwriting one of the 4 starting ships. However upon purchase it still spawned the original not the one i made

Edited by Skript88

38 minutes ago, Skript88 said:

When I go to buy a vessel the vessel I just designed does not show up in the ship shop

I have hit design a vessel ive made mine it costs under 20k I go back out to the kerbin station but when I go to purchase it the ship isn't an option so I can't purchase the ship I designed in order to get started on Jeb's bizarre adventure.

This mod looks freekin awesome and I would love to get into it, Either i'm doing something wrong or something is bugged, Probably doing something wrong honestly.

EDIT: I was able to get my ship to be purchasable by overwriting one of the 4 starting ships. However upon purchase it still spawned the original not the one i made

Did you change the savefile name ? if so, make shure you change the name in the "persistant" file, it could be the problem :wink:

9 hours ago, gagarinekerman said:

Did you change the savefile name ? if so, make shure you change the name in the "persistant" file, it could be the problem :wink:

Yup that fixed it, Ive been ale to mess around some and I've got to say this feels like a new game almost.

I got bored and made this. Something for the enthusiastic star merchant. 

wcT1NiQ.png

How does one decide to make spreadsheets when bored as opposed to playing video games? I don't actually know I just felt like organizing some data I guess.

Its not entirely obvious how the colors are used so allow me to explain.

The colors on the planetary bodies are only used to signify that they are in a group i.e planet and moons. The actual color means nothing in terms of actual profit.

The resources (only the legal ones because you can do your own math for slaves if need be I'm not having that questionable stuff on my hdd)  

Unit price is shown for both Buy and Sell 

Green is be best buy or sell, Yellow is the next best since most of the fuel ones sell highest on Eeloo and thats not that easy to reach. 

Orange is the best in its own group for buying or selling. and Red shows there is really no point in even going there.

Please note that the Eve system is entirely red. This is because nothing can be sold within the Eve system for profit and it is pretty bad in the solar market as well. So there is really no point in investing in Eve.

When it comes to the max profit red doesn't mean worthless it just means lowest and green is obviously highest.

I was intrigued to find that the resource that sold for the least out of all, Ore,  produced the highest profit margin specifically when trading between Ike and Moho and only Ike and Moho and the most expensive resource, Diamond, was the only resource to produce less than 100% max. 

Anyway I hope that this helps any players that don't feel like reading through prices.txt

Maybe this will also help with balancing this mod, also when the author implements dynamic economy this chart will become useless but for now it is useful and has helped me make some business decisions.

Spoiler
On 30/06/2016 at 0:37 PM, Skript88 said:

I got bored and made this. Something for the enthusiastic star merchant. 

wcT1NiQ.png

How does one decide to make spreadsheets when bored as opposed to playing video games? I don't actually know I just felt like organizing some data I guess.

Its not entirely obvious how the colors are used so allow me to explain.

The colors on the planetary bodies are only used to signify that they are in a group i.e planet and moons. The actual color means nothing in terms of actual profit.

The resources (only the legal ones because you can do your own math for slaves if need be I'm not having that questionable stuff on my hdd)  

Unit price is shown for both Buy and Sell 

Green is be best buy or sell, Yellow is the next best since most of the fuel ones sell highest on Eeloo and thats not that easy to reach. 

Orange is the best in its own group for buying or selling. and Red shows there is really no point in even going there.

Please note that the Eve system is entirely red. This is because nothing can be sold within the Eve system for profit and it is pretty bad in the solar market as well. So there is really no point in investing in Eve.

When it comes to the max profit red doesn't mean worthless it just means lowest and green is obviously highest.

I was intrigued to find that the resource that sold for the least out of all, Ore,  produced the highest profit margin specifically when trading between Ike and Moho and only Ike and Moho and the most expensive resource, Diamond, was the only resource to produce less than 100% max. 

Anyway I hope that this helps any players that don't feel like reading through prices.txt

Maybe this will also help with balancing this mod, also when the author implements dynamic economy this chart will become useless but for now it is useful and has helped me make some business decisions.

Nice job, it will be very useful to balance the mod :wink:

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:21 AM, gagarinekerman said:

In the futur I will do a "recomended mods"

and if you want, you can send me some modpack which I can share with something like:

full experience modpack:

Hide contents

- QuickEVA

- RPM

what's RPM?

10 hours ago, gagarinekerman said:
  Hide contents

A lot of things to explore in the next version... :wink:

wUbUSPM.png

Wow. I hope the game doesn't lag too much because of all that?

Also, would you consider putting the mod on CKAN?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.