[1.2] Kerbal Kommander: a new way to play KSP

gagarinekerman

On 10/09/2016 at 5:34 PM, smaalle said:

Can someone tell me where i find the map kerbalkommander that goes in the savefile dir? i downloaded it on spacedock but the only maps tha i`v got was kerbal kommander with gamedata dir and a map called ships. And i dont get a app button to start the savegame

there's not a save file you need to download anymore. instead, there's a button in the toolbar you can use to turn a career save into a kerbal kommander save.

On 12-9-2016 at 1:38 AM, blub01 said:

there's not a save file you need to download anymore. instead, there's a button in the toolbar you can use to turn a career save into a kerbal kommander save.

the mod let me start up the game for 3 times before that button in the toolbar become visible. now its working. thanks

• 1 month later...

The 0.3 Update is out !

DOWNLOAD

Tell me if you find some bugs :wink:

• Adding 5 new contract for kerbals kommanders games:
    • Infiltrations missions: you need to infiltrate an ennemy station to destroy it
    • Refueling contract: you have to carry some ressources to a ship
    • Rescue mission: you have to pick up lost crew and bring them back to a station
    • Tourism Contract: you have to pick up crew in a station and ferry them to another one
    • Trading Contract: you have to carry some ressources to a station
  • Adding a "shield" for the station, you can't destroy them
  • Fix the docking bug
  • codes improvements

Something weird I've been noticing: SAS seems to be malfunctioning. telling it to point towards maneuver nodes, for example, causes it to just kind of wobble around at varying distances from the correct orientation.

EDIT: Seems to be some kind of phantom force, considering my craft starts rotating on its own, too.

Edited by blub01

7 hours ago, blub01 said:

Something weird I've been noticing: SAS seems to be malfunctioning. telling it to point towards maneuver nodes, for example, causes it to just kind of wobble around at varying distances from the correct orientation.

EDIT: Seems to be some kind of phantom force, considering my craft starts rotating on its own, too.

It could be because the fuel sharing has changed in the 1.2 so  some 1.1 ships are unbalanced when you consume some fuel

3 hours ago, gagarinekerman said:

It could be because the fuel sharing has changed in the 1.2 so  some 1.1 ships are unbalanced when you consume some fuel

it's some lander cans, 2 long 1.25m tanks (one on each side, with symmetry ofc.), which are each hooked up to a terrier. can't see what should be unbalanced. also, it happens when there is no force acting upon the craft in the first place.

as I understood it, it already works with 1.2.

On 20/10/2016 at 10:41 AM, gagarinekerman said:

The next update is almost finish I just have to fix some bugs. It will be compatible with the 1.2 a will add few things such as contracts :wink:

the patch notes don't say anything though.

Jeb Kerman died for no reason, when i try to EVA him it says "Crewmembers must be alive to perform EVAs" and it shows static on the portrait.

I have no life support mods installed.

How do i keep him alive and can i revive him?

Edited by alex_1313

17 hours ago, alex_1313 said:

Jeb Kerman died for no reason, when i try to EVA him it says "Crewmembers must be alive to perform EVAs" and it shows static on the portrait.

I have no life support mods installed.

How do i keep him alive and can i revive him?

it seems to be a bug, did you have an active contract when it append ?

If you want to revive him:

- go in your save folder

- open the persistent file

- search the name of your lost kerbal

- change "state" from "Missing" to "Assigned"

hope it will work :wink:

I think it would be a good idea to re-add the built in save file, so people like me, who have the exact same issue as @TheGibberishGuy. I am also on mac. In the meantime, it would be a good idea to just post a download to a save file. Heck, you could just do that.

11 hours ago, KSPNerd said:

I think it would be a good idea to re-add the built in save file, so people like me, who have the exact same issue as @TheGibberishGuy. I am also on mac. In the meantime, it would be a good idea to just post a download to a save file. Heck, you could just do that.

Yep, I change it :wink:

9 hours ago, million_lights said:

@gagarinekerman How long do i have to be in an enemy station for the infiltration contracts?

I dont get a trigger that indicates that I can leave the station again and get away (before the station blows up  -according to the contract text.)

looks like a bug to me at the moment :/

there should be a countdown on the screen from 0 to 100, then a screen message which say "generator destroyed" don't you see them ? And have you seen the message "Your Kerbal is trying to desactivate the generator" ? Also, make sure that you didn't approach with a too big vessel

Hey, just started this yesterday, seems like a really great concept.  The contracts seem a little unstable though. Yesterday I did one infiltration fine but the second one said my kerbal was attempting to disable the generator but the counter just sat at 0 and nothing happened.

Today I tried to do a rescue of a guy in a high retrograde orbit around Kerbin but when I brought him back to Kerbin station he disappeared and the contract didn't complete. Does he have to go to a specific station? His orbit was past minmus so I though maybe that was the issue but I'm not sure.  If they do have to go to a specific station it would be nice if the contract listed that.  Now the guy is gone though and I can't complete the contract.

Also, it seems like it's really difficult to start as an Engineer or Scientist.  Maybe I could turn CommNet off and put probe cores on my ships to pilot, but if I don't do that I basically have to hire a pilot immediately for half my initial funds just so I can get the basic stability control to make docking possible.

On another note, when I first tried playing I had Persistent Rotation installed and after botching a docking attempt the station was spinning with no way to stop it. It'd be nice if there was some RCS on the stations to assist with docking. Also, if you put some antennas on them it might help a little with the whole CommNet and probe core issue.

12 hours ago, TruKaveKi11er said:

It seems that whenever i try to start a new Kerbal Kommander the game crashes. I don't think its my pc, as its above average. I think that i might be missing a required mod (if there are any) but not sure.

Never mind, restarted the game and it worked. Still could be something to keep in mind.