[1.2] Kerbal Kommander: a new way to play KSP

gagarinekerman

Spoiler
On 02/11/2016 at 8:41 PM, Allekatrase said:

Hey, just started this yesterday, seems like a really great concept.  The contracts seem a little unstable though. Yesterday I did one infiltration fine but the second one said my kerbal was attempting to disable the generator but the counter just sat at 0 and nothing happened.

Today I tried to do a rescue of a guy in a high retrograde orbit around Kerbin but when I brought him back to Kerbin station he disappeared and the contract didn't complete. Does he have to go to a specific station? His orbit was past minmus so I though maybe that was the issue but I'm not sure.  If they do have to go to a specific station it would be nice if the contract listed that.  Now the guy is gone though and I can't complete the contract.

Also, it seems like it's really difficult to start as an Engineer or Scientist.  Maybe I could turn CommNet off and put probe cores on my ships to pilot, but if I don't do that I basically have to hire a pilot immediately for half my initial funds just so I can get the basic stability control to make docking possible.

On another note, when I first tried playing I had Persistent Rotation installed and after botching a docking attempt the station was spinning with no way to stop it. It'd be nice if there was some RCS on the stations to assist with docking. Also, if you put some antennas on them it might help a little with the whole CommNet and probe core issue.

I'll try to fix it :wink: thank you for your feedbacks

1 hour ago, TruKaveKi11er said:
13 hours ago, TruKaveKi11er said:

It seems that whenever i try to start a new Kerbal Kommander the game crashes. I don't think its my pc, as its above average. I think that i might be missing a required mod (if there are any) but not sure.

Never mind, restarted the game and it worked. Still could be something to keep in mind.

When we create a KK game, the game have to do a lot of things at the same time so some pc (as mac) don't like it. I don't know how I could fix it but in any case, I'll add a pre-build save file in the next update :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this mod, thanks for making it! I just discovered and sold my first abandoned lab and the whole process was extremely satisfying. Merci! 

Edit: I see that selling the labs sorta breaks the balance, so instead I reverted and am using it for science. I figure the 5k for its location is like a rental.

Edited by Tiber9
Got additional info

On 07/11/2016 at 7:56 PM, gagarinekerman said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'll try to fix it :wink: thank you for your feedbacks

When we create a KK game, the game have to do a lot of things at the same time so some pc (as mac) don't like it. I don't know how I could fix it but in any case, I'll add a pre-build save file in the next update :wink:

maybe just tell the game to do it in batches? like, do a part of it, then wait a couple seconds, then start the next part, and so on?

Still could be an interesting path to explore, maybe it would give you idea :)

But it true, the system need more life to it :)

also having you return directly to your ship after designing a ship or looking at the mission, instead of going back with the tracking station, would be usefull :)

used to do some 3d prop for other game, dont know how it work in KSP but if you need help am willing to dust off my old 3dsMax and try again :)

When i try to do an infiltration mission it simply doesn't work...

I know other people have had the same problem but there doesn't seem to be a fix for it.

My ship is 4 tons, my kerbal is currently sitting in the enemy station and nothing is happening

Is there any way to fix this? i want to do the contract properly (not cheating, even if its fair).

Nevermind, it turn out i was at the wrong station.

Edited by TruKaveKi11er

• 1 month later...

Will there be a 1.2.2 update soon???

it look really good and i want to play it

On 24/12/2016 at 2:30 PM, Nailed it! said:

There's no kerbal komander save file!

Anyone help me? Just resolved that

How? i can't seem to fid it

On 10/2/2017 at 0:25 PM, Adz said:

Will there be a 1.2.2 update soon???

it look really good and i want to play it

How? i can't seem to fid it

I went to the comments to look for a savefile, and insterted the save file.

The thing that happens is that all the stations are the same style, two rings with a tube, without all the other variety. It would help a lot if gagarinekerman could make a savefile for those with these kinds of problems.

Edited by Nailed it!

• 3 weeks later...

I see there are people who still play this (I still hope not abandoned) mod.

I made two station screens for this mod a while ago, if you'd like to give the stations a fancier look, you can use my models:

On 3/26/2017 at 9:48 AM, Nailed it! said:

For Mac users that need a savefile to use the mod, could someone share a save with all the stations but without beggining to buy? 

It would really help

This is such a simple thing, why hasn't anyone done it?

Anyways, here: https://mega.nz/#!tVxAQZxY!0lxa9NNHOIP5qEgtitlf1SFxavwiZYzRNoV9k99_jmg

On 12/3/2017 at 8:55 PM, Deizelpunk said:

Heck yeah! That sounds sick! I might try that myself!

Check out the comments section for this Scott Manley video : (There might be a chance for some Kerbal Kommander gameplay narrated by Mr. Manley! :-P )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.