(1.1.3 1289) Joystick axis issues.

I used to use a 2 joysticks to play a lot last year but now when I load the game the pitch, roll and yaw axis are all going mad and that's when using one stick and no other controllers plugged in.  Win7 64, vanilla build.

It was doing this before the new build recently.  Not sure if it is just me but I really wanna use my sticks again.  Can anyone help at all please?  Sorry If this has already been discussed but I couldn't find any relevant discussions.

Edited by kalkross

5 hours ago, sal_vager said:

Hi @kalkross, what joysticks and have you calibrated them before starting KSP?

Yea they are calibrated and at the moment I'm just using a Speedlink Black Widow (which I have always used.).  @T-Bouw When I spawn the axis are fluctuating all the way through the range plus, when I go one way it is the same movement as the other way. 

To explain, say the range is from -100 through 0 (center) to +100.  I move the pitch to +100, as well as the axis still moving around a lot (with SAS off) it does react a bit to my command, but if I move to -100 I go through 0 which resets it back to where it was (still erratic though) then as i move to -100 it moves back to +100, it's as if both directions are the same axis, so if I pitch left it pitches left, then I pitch right and it pitches left again.  All flight axis are doing this, also the throttle only ranges to half way then anything after that its set to 0.  I hope that isn't to hard to understand.  Thanks for your reply's and suggestions.

I made a video, sorry about the funny angle it's just how my rig is setup at the moment.  Bear in mind that in the Windows controller settings everything is fine, accurately responsive and centered.

In this instance the axis aren't fluctuating for the most part but there is a bit in places of skitty input that i am not physically giving it.  Hope this helps.

Edited by kalkross

Okay, when you bind your axis in KSP try moving the stick all the way from one extreme to the other, as if you were calibrating it, I have had to do that a few times in the past.

Unity3D should just get the axis then get the limits via xinput, but that doesn't always work.

1 hour ago, sal_vager said:

Okay, when you bind your axis in KSP try moving the stick all the way from one extreme to the other, as if you were calibrating it, I have had to do that a few times in the past.

Unity3D should just get the axis then get the limits via xinput, but that doesn't always work.

Yea that's what I've been doing, I've been using joysticks since 1990 and I really haven't experienced anything like this before.  It does the same with my Sidewinder Pro stick.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.