Giving Kerbals XP.

although it doesn't answer your question directly, here is what I personally do to raise a Kerbal to level 4 very quickly. I use it with my scientists to make them more efficient in science labs.

I create a big but simple rocket that has a drone (those large disks). I put a hitchiker module that holds 4 kerbals (you could put 2-3 if you need to, or even use more advanced, more efficient modules), and I send them to orbit the Mun, then, in the same trip, I go orbit Minmus. I then leave minmus and go orbit Eve. I then go to Gilly and land the rocket if the design permits it, if not I park in orbit an literally EVA all my kerbals to go plant flags on Gilly, and then bring them all back to the ship, again with EVA if needed.

Once they are back on Kerbin, they are level 4.

I know it requires sending them on a mission, I don'T know the details of what you are doing, but if it's just about taking as little time as possible, this is hard to beat I think... bringing 4-8 kerbals to level 4 in a single mission is pretty good :)

If you REALLY can't make them go on a mission, then I don't know :(. But you can probably edit your savegame or something.

23 minutes ago, Thunder_86 said:

If you REALLY can't make them go on a mission, then I don't know :(. But you can probably edit your savegame or something.

Yeah, I can't put them on a mission due to the nature of the variant I'm playing.

if you put this in their segment of the sfs

CAREER_LOG
   {
    flight = 1
    0 = Land,Kerbin
    0 = Land,Pol
    0 = Land,Bop
    0 = Land,Tylo
    0 = Land,Vall
    0 = Land,Laythe
    0 = Recover
   }
   FLIGHT_LOG
   {
    flight = 1
   }

it will take them to 5 star status.

and apparently landing on Jool is worth 14 xp points.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.