Where are my Canadian brethren and how do you use KSP

DoctorDavinci

I'm from the U.S. but I just wanted to say that Canadians rock!

I visited there once when I was younger and even though it was the French speaking portion and I didn't speak French everyone was super polite and helpful. They made me feel really welcome and did everything but literally bend over backwards to help me.

Not to mention how beautiful the country is! Alright...I'll get out of here and let you "canucks" talk about hockey or whatever. :wink:

Dear Mr. DctorDavinci,

I might very well find myself to be one of you brethern by 2017. I'm from Erie PA, so I'll have some swimming to do to evade trump. As for ksp, I use it to have a grand ol' time with my friends on the weekends. I use my modded instals to test a in game data comepression system that SHOULD reduce RAM usage by 75% to 80%. So something that would normaly use 4G of RAM only uses 1G to .75G of RAM

See you in the Great White North, well soon maybey,

bengee777

I'm practically Canadian, I live about 30-40min from the border, does that count? C'mon, Bob Cole and Harry Neale, Kids in the Hall, 102.1 Martin Streek at the Kingdom, Labatt's, the Greatest Player of All Time: http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2008/11/top-17-wendel-clark-moments-full-list.html

*I'm old: I saw Neil Young, Oasis, The Screaming Trees, Spiritualized, and the opener, an up and coming musician named Jewel at Molson Park in Barrie. 

Anyhow, I play KSP pretty normally, I try to focus more on exploration than infrastructure.

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

Wet Coast here. I'm not sure what you mean by "How do you use KSP?" I, uh, build rockets and launch stuff to the farthest reaches of the Kerbol system (I haven't gone RSS/RO yet) and then try to land stuff. I may even try to return Kerbals back to their home! I haven't been able to interest my friends in this fantastic simulgame yet.

Edit: I mostly build rockets and stations, or land all-in-one bases. I don't have the patience to do much with aircraft or rovers, although I can successfully build and use them if needed.

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Southern Ontario.

How do I use it? It varies, but I like sending rovers, spaceplanes, and other not-disgustingly-large creations to other planets.
Strange though it may sound, if my design requires 3.75m parts to launch, I decide it's a bad design, and I'll move on to something else. Usually a virtually identical design that's assembled through docking.

31 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Not to mention how beautiful the country is! Alright...I'll get out of here and let you "canucks" talk about hockey or whatever. :wink:

Common misconception, actually. We're much more likely to talk about Canadian cuisine, like Timmie's or poutine.

Southern Ontario myself ... Toronto area

I love to build over engineered monstrosities and do single launch missions with them (or in the case of my Dres Love Missions, 5 including the one that I ditched into the atmosphere for hits and iggles)

I also enjoy BD Armory and building planes to fight against other forum users and then upload the videos to YT

You can find my YT channel HERE

There's also the Trebuchet's that Ive built and the creme de la crop ... The Kerris Wheel (a working, all stock Ferris wheel that 80 Kerbals can ride)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Ah yes! Hello fellow Canadian! I'm in the Alberta area, specifically up north in Peace River. I be chillin' with mah spaceplanes yo, and all the memes. I usually like to go stock, with only visual, info, and piloting mods.

Hey! You have a YT channel? I can self advertise? OK! Here's where I've been uploading lately: ta daaaaa!

*Determination.

If nationality actually plays a role in using KSP, I can only assume Canadians smother their computer in maple syrup, then play as anyone else would... though maneuvering is harder with sticky keys.

3 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Ah yes! Hello fellow Canadian! I'm in the Alberta area, specifically up north in Peace River. I be chillin' with mah spaceplanes yo, and all the memes. I usually like to go stock, with only visual, info, and piloting mods.

Hey! You have a YT channel? I can self advertise? OK! Here's where I've been uploading lately: ta daaaaa!

*Determination.

Also from Alberta, myself, and most of my builds are attempts to gather scientific data from Kerbin, but instead of aeroplanes, I use ballistic missiles.

I've been a supporter for nearly 40 years of Canada's greatest export - Rush.  I also spent a few days in Toronto when I was about 8 (more than 40 years ago), and a few hours in the cargo hold of a C-135 on some frozen runway on a Canadian Air Force base (Goose Bay, I think?) waiting to be refueled on our way to Las Vegas from England.  In December.  Two days after Christmas.

I'll let the actual Canadians answer the original post.  I just wanted to say that aside from a few cold hours, Canada seems pretty nice.

My name is Joe Red and I. Am. Canadian!

I'm from about as far east as it gets in Canada, and I use KSP to make rockets, spaceplanes, spacecraft, landers and bases. With the occasional sailing ship.

Edit: Moving this to the Lounge.

Edited by Red Iron Crown

Vancouver Island here. Alberta before that.

Mostly career mode rocketry around Kerbin's SOI. Watching the clock tick until some transfer windows open. Can't bear to warp time, gotta play it through. Not much into the plane/space plane stuff. Would like to play more but work and farm stuff gets in the way. Funny that..

While playing KSP I say thank you [insert kookie kerbal name] when a kerbal does something heroic and sorry [insert kookie kerbal name] when a kerbal is hurt.  Also thanking Gene when a special contract is offered.

The rumbling of Niagara Falls now reminds me of Mammoth engines firing full throttle.

Edited by MoeslyArmlis

Southern Ontario Here.

Low-planning space-cowboy career in Kerbin SoI for me.   KIS/KAS to patch up all the incidents that inevitably occur.

I use a mix of rockets, aircraft, spaceplanes, and rovers. 

Currently deploying a ground based network of RT relay probes around Kerbin with a MK3 bomber, building farms on Minmus with EL, and preparing a first interplanetary launch to Dres.  Though I doubt the interplanetary mission will arrive before 2017.

Grande Prairie Alberta myself. I've been playing for quite a long time and quietly watching the forums for just as long. 

Sandbox player, Everything I make is over engineered and excessive. I've been a fan of the old Whackjob posts on here. 

Ive recommended this game so many times because it's amazing on so many levels...entertainment/learning/creativity etc. 

Canadian here. I play on sandbox, I don't go to the Mun anymore, I have a bad habit of launching motherships for giant interplanetary missions and then just leaving them there, and I don't use spaceplanes. With Kerbals, I went to Dres once and Duna maybe 3 times, Gilly once, Minmus like 8 times, the Mun 3 times, and Ike once. I'm working on a mission to Jool, where the colonists land on minor moons and get data from robotic probes landed on the bigger moons. When I do Duna missions I choose Kerbals with real names.

I still spend more time on the forums than playing the actual game. 

Heya, I'm in and from Toronto and I like doing all sorts of things in KSP. Mostly, it's building small. As in, probes. Probes are my specialty.

0fiO7IF.png

But shuttles like the Nastybird are cool, too, especially as they can launch interplanetary probes!

j2MeSoK.png

Edited by moogoob
in, from, whatever!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.