1:1 U.S.S Pine Island replica (K.S.S Fine Island AV-6)

Just some info about this and future ship posts.

This is a ship for my KNS-fleet shipyards.

The reason why im doing this as a separate post is:

1. Albums inside spoilers are broken. I would have to go back to the old style, witch made the post incredibly long.

2. Putting stuff in the comments just seems a bit, eh. I want to keep the comment section for comments and updates.

NOTE: there will be a link to the main post in this post and vise versa. I will propably end up doing this for all my new ships now, unless albums get fixed in the future.

The ship itself:

The Fine Island is a seaplane tender that is used as more of a helicarrier of sorts. It can maintain a single large chopper or a VTOL.

It's a slow and sluggish ship that has been equipped with ample amounts of weapons. It can take down ships effectively at long ranges, but lacks long range AA-weapons. In short range it will shred any aircraft to pieces in moments.

The weapons are more or less similar to the ones found on Currituck class ships with the exception of the Goalkeepers on the top deck.

Designing the ship:

Making the cranes work would have been quite impossible, cause you can't really lift 50+tons with KAS/IR cranes without stuff braking apart.

So i don't think we will be seeing any Martin PBM-5 Mariners on this ships deck. Or any SP-5B Marlins. But i could always do replicas of those just for fun.

But it should have plenty of space for landing big VTOL's and choppers. Just be careful not to crash on any of the cranes.

I left some of the smaller less important details out to save on part count, these include railings, lifeboats, windows and some of the box shaped thingys on top decks. I estimate they would have eaten about 300 parts. And since it already has a little over 1100 parts, that's no good.

NOTE: this one has no flares or chaffs in it, so be careful with that.

This will propably end up being my last 1:1 replica ship since it made the ship very slow and sluggish. It had the same manouvering engines as the Great White, and about the same amount of engines as the Killyoustrious.

Even despite this, it's has worse performance than the huge carrier and the battleship.

As for reference, i used one of my Revell 50th anniversary kits i had made years ago.

cuRp4EU.jpg

(the kit on the right is the U.S.S Boston that served as my inspiration/reference for the K.S.S Avenger).

And here's a link to the album.

http://imgur.com/a/is5Ny

Specks and picks:

Armaments: 4 Abrams turrets, 2 Goalkeepers and 12 chainguns.

Top speed: 30 m/s.

Length: 161m.

Width: 20m.

Height: 31m.

Mass: 2384 tons.

Parts: 1176.

The ship is loaded with 170000 units of fuel.

And that's about it for this one. to be honest, it's a bit useless, but still, i hope you enjoy it :).

Mod used: BD-armory.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhio60kziru67nm/K_S_S Fine island AV-6.craft?dl=0

Link to main post:

Edited by kapteenipirk
Put up a link to the album

Just now, TOMMY (JEB 2.0) said:

the fact that it is in dropbox

I don't quite know what you mean.  If you just don't like dropbox, I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do.  Dropbox doesn't need an account or anything, if the download button just isn't working, you could try a different browser.

4 minutes ago, TOMMY (JEB 2.0) said:

[...]

never mind

:P

I'm glad you got it to work. :) 

3 hours ago, TedwinKnockman66 said:

Great work! BTW what mod you used for helicopter?

I used KAX for the rotors. I will be uploading the heli to the forums soon, so be on the look out for that.

3 hours ago, Randazzo said:

That is truly outstanding, really, remarkable work. What's FPS like with it?

Thanks :D. It's somewhere around 15-25 fps (estimate). It does feel a bit slow, but it doesn't make landing the heli any harder.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Rath said:

I find that with KAX it is best to clip two kuey rotors together to get decent thrust and four blades.

Well, that's exactly what i did when making the chopper, but instead of making four bladed rotors, i had to make them six bladed.

• 6 months later...

I love it! This looks so realistic! I can't wait to launch it!

edit:

I can't find that mod for flag that you have there so I can't launch it.

It would be cool if you give me link to download this mod.

Edited by trollik2142

57 minutes ago, trollik2142 said:

I love it! This looks so realistic! I can't wait to launch it!

edit:

I can't find that mod for flag that you have there so I can't launch it.

It would be cool if you give me link to download this mod.

Like with all my other crafts, i remove all my custom flags prior to releasing them to the forums, but, looks like this time i was a silly little fox and forgot to remove them :blush:.

Sorry about that.

Anyways, i went ahead and removed the flags from it and put up a new download link to that version :rolleyes:.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.