[1.2] Active Heat Management System 0.3.1

Randazzo

DOWNLOAD:  Curse | Spacedock

License: All Rights Reserved

Module Manager is REQUIRED.

Whats New

• I got rid of all the things. Only the AHMS remains. The parts should not conflict with prior versions of Heat Management but they do not replace the AHMS units from previous versions. This means if you delete an old version of Heat Management and install this hoping to fire up your old save, any ship containing parts from the old version will be lost.
  • AHMS units are finally mass neutral. As coolant is expended it no longer vanishes.
  • AHMS units have much less available coolant than in previous versions. Run the pump to cycle it.
  • AHMS units now act as conductive insulators. Heat is primarily transferred via the stock "heat pump" system for radiators.
  • The radiators are gone and are not coming back. Don't ask.
  • This will not be listed on CKAN. Don't ask.

Issues

• If you're one of the seven people who downloaded 0.3, I broke the attachment rules. You'll be able to stick things in places you shouldn't.
  • The 3.75m model may or may not be a placeholder.

Edited by Randazzo

8 hours ago, Nightside said:

Thanks Randazzo!,

So do these work any differently than the stock deployable radiators?

In terms of how they pull heat from the ship, no. In terms of how they get rid of that heat, yes. AHMS units actively cancel heat beyond a certain threshold. Not strictly realistic, but they were conceived of in a time when overheating was an actual problem.

8 hours ago, Atlas2342 said:

Congrats on release @Randazzo:D

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Does anyone still have the original version with washers, ahms and panels? I accidentally deleted my ol KSP arhives and can only find the last release with the new ahms model. I'd be so happy if anyone still has an old version somewhere!

nf_shuttle.jpg

Edited by Jimbodiah

12 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

Does anyone still have the original version with washers, ahms and panels? I accidentally deleted my ol KSP arhives and can only find the last release with the new ahms model. I'd be so happy if anyone still has an old version somewhere!

there seems to be one old version on Curse:

https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/heat-management/files

I would expect you'ld prolly be on your own for support, tho, if theres issues...

I have all the extremely old versions, but unfortunately, i cant share them... no one can, except Randazzo himself...
You should really check the OP for a mod for licensing, before asking someone to cough up old copies of mods, if theres no longer working links... This one is ARR... All Rights Reserved

EDIT: Ok then... it actually looks like the previous versions had their own seperate thread, and the license for *THAT* version does allow for redistribution... But again, its clearly unsupported...

THIS is the thread you want:
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/106460-105-heat-management-no-longer-supported/

Edited by Stone Blue

I found those threads and have been looking for old links somewhere that might have a copy. It's just for personal use. The newer units didn't look as nice as the older ones as shown in my attachment. I actually found the last version with only the AHMS units, but ofcourse that's not the one I am looking for.  I used to have a zip-file with KSP 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 with all the mods for those versions, but for some reason I deleted them.

Wait... I followed that curseforge link but pressed the top download button which gives the latest version, not that 23.6 one. Let me check if that is what I am looking for.

Edited by Jimbodiah

This mod still works in 1.3.1, so I don't know why the original form was taken down and later replaced by only the AHMS units?   Just tried it on a FarFutureTech engine that generates a ton of heat and one 2.5m AHMS and four large radiators scaled to 200% handled it just fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.