[1.4.X] SM Marine, Version 0.9.9.3 KSP xx PSA important

18 minutes ago, colfighter said:

Can someone give me the link to the version of SM Marine that works in 1.3? (if some other person made a working version)

As was said above, there is no official 1.3 version yet. But what has already been released should work fine in the meantime.

HI there. I'm getting strange errors when i'm in the hangar building ships. When I use these Hulls:
Hull 8 Small Hull, Hull 8 Utility Hull, Zed 2 Hull & Zed 2b Hull.

I right click on them I get this:
bwRSw6n.png?1mkYKzrk.png

Also I get a lot of these in the log

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RUI.Algorithms.SCCFlowGraphUCFinder.IsEntryPointRequest (.Part part, .Callback`1 requestCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RUI.Algorithms.SCCFlowGraphUCFinder.IsEntryPoint (.Part part, .Callback`1 deliveryCallback, .Callback`1 requestCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RUI.Algorithms.SCCFlowGraphUCFinder.BuildEntrySets () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RUI.Algorithms.SCCFlowGraphUCFinder..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ship) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FuelFlowOverlay.Calculate (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FuelFlowOverlay.isConsumer (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionFuelFlowOverlay.Setup (.UIPartActionWindow window, .Part part, UI_Scene scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionWindow.AddFuelFlowOverlay (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionWindow.CreatePartList (Boolean clearFirst) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionWindow.UpdateWindow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionController.UpdateActiveWindows () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionController.UpdateEditor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

here's the full Log
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwOktgRlclqKR1ROeTNCZlJiWDg

And I have another problem, when I use the Zed 5 VLS Hull I can't find a option or action group option to open the Top Bay Door of the Hull.

Can you help me?
Cheers

PS: I tested this in a clean install of KSP 1.2.2 but it also happens in KSP 1.3

Edited by PmThay

30 minutes ago, PmThay said:

HI there.

Hi Thanks for your report, however I have just tested all the parts you mentioned and non are showing anything resembling the issues you are having.  Could you re validate your steam install.   Obtain and install a fresh copy of SM Marine ,  from the main KSP folder delete the PartDatabase.cfg and retest.  Should your problem persist, please supply a zipped copy of your KSP.log not an output or other log

There appears to be something terribly wrong with your game as it seems to be loading from two completely different locations. something I have never seen before . example below

AssetLoader: Loaded bundle 'D:\Desktop\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\KSPedia\kspedia_rocketrybasicscontrol.ksp'  ///LOading from D???

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)     ///Loading from C??

So.... I manage to get it to work but this is strange to me none the less. I've been playing KSP since 2013 and I've never seen this happen with no parts (and I play with a lot, a lot of mods). So I customize my pc and in that regard I always install my games in the drive D: , that's why you saw the install in drive D: and in the case of KSP I don't play with the Steam Install because of Steam updates (not to break my game), so I make a copy of KSP folder and its that copy that I use to make my career games. But it seems that KSP creates some files in Drive C: as well. So following what you said I did a install of KSP in the Drive C: and seems to solve the problem with those parts. What I find very strange it's that those four parts don't like being installed in a different drive than drive C: 
weird!!! :o
Well it seems that from now on I have to install KSP in drive C:
But I had another question that maybe you didn't saw, in this Hull, Zed 5 VLS Hull, I can't find a option or action group option to open the Top Bay Door of the Hull. Am i missing something as well?
thank you so much for your patience :wink: 

2 minutes ago, PmThay said:

But I had another question that maybe you didn't saw, in this Hull, Zed 5 VLS Hull, I can't find a option or action group option to open the Top Bay Door of the Hull. Am i missing something as well?
thank you so much for your patience :wink: 

Hi it's not a problem and feedback is in short supply these days, if it wasn't for my testers I'd never find most of these little but irritating issues. Cheers

I did actually spot a couple of other little issues that may cause people some confusion with what does what and a naming error for lights,  I've addressed those  and clarified what does what with clearer naming.  All will be in the upcoming monster update

I found another strange thing in relation to those 4 Hull's, the bug that I showed you only stops if I install your mod in the original steam KSP folder, if I make a copy of the KSP folder and start the game from that copy the bug returns. even if its in the drive C: and in the steam folder.
so so weird :D  :D  :D 

8 minutes ago, PmThay said:

so so weird

Indeed it is,  as I and my group of testers run multiple installs in all kinds of locations.  If you have clean unadulterated copy of steam KSP, all you should need to do is copy the whole KSP folder and paste it to any other location and it should/does indeed work.  Although i tend to delete all the steam stuff from cloned copies , it doesn't really matter if you don't . Al i can guess is that somehow when you clone the copy, you are leaving some kind of reference to the old copy, a shortcut perhaps and by some  fluke that triggers the whole mess, , though that's all pure supposition as i've never seen anything like that happen before. in 5 years or so of modding KSP

I will say that may parts make extensive use of texturing sharing and MODEL nodes in order to reduce file size and any tinkering in the folder, moving things and the like can have very unexpected results

@SpannerMonkey(smce). Sorry to bother you again but I found out that I was wrong, the place where the KSP is as nothing to do with the bug that I reported to you. I realized that by activating the advanced tweakables in the general game settings seems to the cause of the problem. can you confirm this?

Hi I ( and the team) run advanced tweakables permanently on, and have done since it's inception, invaluable for sub,marines etc . SO sadly once again can't confirm the oddness. Perhaps it's time fro you to send me a zipped copy of the KSP .log so i can see how things are behaving

ySJxtDJ.png

@PmThay HI been through your log and most of your difficulties are due to less than awesome attention to detail on my behalf.  Mixed and missing resources, not enough NEEDS addition to all the patches, causing module not found spam etc etc etc. the list goes on.  Those being the original hulls from the mod they've had little if any attention since i started in on the more technical interesting parts

I am pleased to say that things are a little different now, which is one of the reasons it's taking so long, It's either right or it doesn't go.  So my apologies for the hassles and those and a million other little issues will be rectified in the next update, which should be any day now.

Hi there, no problem at all first of because this little bug is not game breaking and second because it caused me no difficulties :D . I noticed it by chance and I'm just glad that I could find it (in time for your update) and contribute for your (and your team) excelente and hard work in creating and maintaining this amazing mod :wink:
once again thanks and congratulations :) 

cheers

Hi all ,  nearly there now,  we've just got to finish the localization, an epic task in itself, a couple of runs to make sure it's all good, transfer in all the now standardised modules and I should be able to push an update.  

In the meantime I'll leave you with a little picture.  There's a lot going on in the image and most has never been seen before, so spot the new stuff, and or old stuff doing very new stuff. Worth noting that the sonar contact visible is not coming from a normal type radar.

PaXziyf.png

ps some of it is so new it wont make this update but a lot of it will. Along with six complete new craft

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

19 minutes ago, Greystripe3 said:

and the docks at KSC arent there.

Hi, Those docks are part of a separate pack of statics, and not in SM Marine, there is a link for them in the first post.    Although I really need to update the download with the new KK methods so that they don't throw unnecessary errors.  I'll post and make a new link as soon as theyre checked 

29 minutes ago, Greystripe3 said:

Oooh ok, thanks. the link from the new kerbal konstructs thread links here so I assumed that they were included. 

Hi, well  technically they are here, as if you have any issues this is where you'd need to report them. My statics don't have and will not be having a thread of their own.

4 minutes ago, colfighter said:

I wonder how many people are irritated by the fact that it's called radar and not sonar.

It's just a name and not as clear cut as you'd imagine, as the actual sonar defined parts, so far a surface blister, a towable array , an inverted version of the extending radar ( and installed modules in certain sub hull parts)   do not work above the waterline , in order to work it has to be fully immersed . 

Active submarines with running sonar will show as an SO warning, not any of the regular radar threats, as will sonar equipped  surface ships show an SO warning on the subs systems.  There is no real value in creating a new display called sonar at this point maybe eventually but it's still early days.

It's also worth noting that the whole torpedo system only uses BDA and stock KSP modules , and depth charges also have a couple of features borrowed from hull breach.

On 6/25/2017 at 8:24 AM, colfighter said:

I wonder how many people are irritated by the fact that it's called radar and not sonar.

We re re-using a lot of the code base as the Radar system as implemented is quite complex. It would not make sense to start from scratch as we can get a working "Sonar" with a few small tweaks in existing code (basically limiting detection based on altitude, immersion and radar type)

A new effort to overhaul the radar code is forthcoming - so we wanted to get this out as a working proof of concept as soon as possible. There will be a point release on BDA once the logic is verified that complements the new parts.

5IfRSoa.png

Finally the huge 1.3 Update is here

There are  many new parts , just some of which are listed below. 

Some of the included features are developmental in nature and currently on the edge of whats possible in BDA ,  in some ways development here has pushed development of BDA,  Due to this experimental nature not all features will be instantly available as there are updates and releases yet to come. but rest assured that once the appropriate BDA is released all features will work as they should. 

While it may  seem a little premature releasing SMM before the BDA patches, but truthfully this has dragged on long enough, and the longer it takes the more experimental it gets , so we had to call a halt somewhere.  

You can also be certain that some of the included features are only the tip of an already large iceberg and there are many more complimentary systems in development.

The mod also now contains EN_US localization this is shared across the whole SM group of mods and only one copy of SM_Industries is ever required .  Find the link for the SM_Industries Dictionary below the 1.3 download link below.     YOU DO NEED IT. Failure to not install the dictionary will result in part titles and part description being rendered as #autoloc xxxx , it's not a bug.    Due to the localization this mod is no longer backwardly compatible 

Special thanks to @gomker for the donkey work in creating methods to make localizing 300 parts feasible, and producing the SM_Industries localization dictionary      @XOC2008 for  tireless testing and tweaking, tuning ,   and all the test team for morale boosting  and generally keeping the wheels on the wagon, when i was ready to jump.  ( in short without these guys it would never have been)

Alongside the additions listed below and the localization , great efforts have been spent in removing all but a parts "hello world message" from the logs, the result of this are a myriad of small cfg changes and fixes. ALL pumps and generators across all vessels have been standardised, and no longer will you need to wonder which generator is running as the info is now provided in the gui, in addition all labeling on same type modules is now the same, this means that fuel on while using a ship does exactly the same thing as fuel on in a sub.    This will effect currently built vessels, only in module index mismatch errors, I do not expect any other problems.

SPECIAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

There have been so many changes between version that I consider it to be unsafe to merge this 1.3 version of SMM with any existing versions,   Merging this mod with a pre exsiting copy will result in part confusion in the editor , multiple clone parts, illegible part descriptions. IN short DO NOT MERGE THIS UPDATE WITH PRE EXISTING COPIES OF SMM.   If you break it  you will have no option but to completely delete the mod/s and reinstall, there is no way to undo the damage cause by a folder merge.

Also include in this version is the mother of all ModuleManager patches, the aim of which is to make it much easier to run SMM if you do not have Mod X,  this applies mainly to parts that have combined functions. Parts that are for example powered by Infernal Robotics are completely useless with IR so there are no  stock alternative MM options. The patches also include tweakscale for 99% of parts 

Mods i recommend in order to fully utilise every part to it's fullest 

BDA- torpedoes radar , Infernal Robotics- marine robotics , KAS- winches , KIS, HullBreach - sinkings and other things , Firespitter- engine sound and texture switch , Physics Range extender, Vessel Mover, HoverCraft, powers the hover effect of the hover skirts

There's probably another page of notes to go with this update, but it all works, has been tested on everything from a potato laptop to mega buck gaming machines and it all works, everything works as it should, if you have difficulty it is unlikely at this time to be a bug, it is more likely to be unfamiliarity with the parts and how they work, so please ask how .

Notes on subs

Stock as supplied sub parts are naturally stable,  each  hull  sections Center of mass is at the keel level.    Each section has  a  tested value of ballast that must be added in order for the sub to submerge, the values are different for almost every section as every section is  different in volume and mass , changing these values is not recommended

Sstock as supplied sub parts require no further additions of keels or external tanks, and fitting such things will be detrimental to the vessels performance. 

DO note that  submarine parts scaled up or down from 100% changes the hull behavior and scaled up hulls require the addition of a universal ballast keel to supplement the internal ballast.  The applied ballast  values are suitable for all states of (unscaled)  load, as it's possible to build a sub with no torpedo tubes, but a VLS, and vice versa , or even a sub with no weapon carrying facility whatsoever

Simple usage assemble submarine, launch to water, start engines, start fuel pump, start oxy generator,   You have currently two options to submerge FastPumpIn and Out  and Trim Up and Down ,   Use FastPumpIn to submerge quickly and trim down to submerge slowly,  when combined with fwd speed and fast pump in the vessel will fully submerge in about 5 seconds, do not forget to turn the pump OFF,

Due to discoveries regarding how flow really works each hull section needs to have a little more ballast than it needs to sink quickly, typically 50% of total ballast is needed to achieve a fairly neutral buoyancy . 

The prograde maker on your nav ball can serve as a good indicator of how neutrally buoyant your sub is, if your sub is level and the prograde marker is below the horizon line , then you are heavy, use trim up to remove a couple of seconds worth of ballast,,  ANd the opposite is true , if your sub is level and the prograde marker is above the horizon line, then you are light and need to add a couple of seconds worth of ballast using a trim down pump.

Version v0.9.7.4

Added
Type 45 destroyer
FASV Fleet auxiliary service vessel
Go fast , high performance patrol bot
LS1 multipart landing ship
Hovercraft parts  
Dallesque submarine modular hull parts   . This sub parts addition includes 30 plus parts including experimental counter measures,sonar, periscope, various arrangements of launch and torpedo tubes
Omahesque submarine modular hull parts  see note 1 above
Minisub small well equipped exploration submersible
Ship launched torpedoes
Torpedo and missile launch tubes and turrets for surface vessels
Aster1530 High speed radar guided missiles , Use in type 45 VLS
MBDA Meteor High speed radar guided missiles  Use in type 45 VLS
Many decorative Greeble items
functional lifeboat
Marine Robotics, including A frame, robotic arm. and robotic lifeboat davits
MK48 Torpedo sized for Dallesque subs
BAE Spearfish ship launched torpedo
MK99 ship launched torpedo