[1.4.X] SM Marine, Version 0.9.9.3 KSP xx PSA important

HI all the little update as mentioned a few days ago

v0.9.7.5 Update

Moved 10 mtr Rib from dev to release

Moved Rib water jet from dev to release  Note the water jet does have reverse BUT just like the real thing reverse is pretty useless although works quite well  as a brake. Bucket moves to reverse position, steering gear follows steering movement

Torpedo tuning and enhancements, in order to keep up with developments in systems and control

Download now includes SM Industries  EN US dictionary merge with any pre existing copies

78TQ5ud.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
album failure

• 2 weeks later...

Some current and new parts, to show the versatility of the sub system. There is a dot on the dock, that is a Kerbal. No tweakscale has been used on these subs. Yes, they are just that big.

(K)American (Foreground to background: Sturgeon Class SSN, Los Angeles Class SSN with DSRV, Los Angeles Class SSN FLT III with forward VLS, Virginia Class SSN, and Ohio Class SSB(G)N):

AYyEZzD.jpg

(K)Russian (Foreground to background: Akula Class SSN, Yasen Class SSN with VLS, Oscar Class SSGN, and Typhoon Class SSBN):

r1gePJ6.jpg

On 05/07/2017 at 2:40 PM, XOC2008 said:

3 minutes ago, bjornadri said:

absolutely love this mod, but could somebody add some caft files? thank you!

Please note that not all parts seen in screenshots may be available for download at this time, they all will eventually :)

On 7/25/2017 at 7:27 AM, XOC2008 said:

Some current and new parts, to show the versatility of the sub system. There is a dot on the dock, that is a Kerbal. No tweakscale has been used on these subs. Yes, they are just that big.

(K)American (Foreground to background: Sturgeon Class SSN, Los Angeles Class SSN with DSRV, Los Angeles Class SSN FLT III with forward VLS, Virginia Class SSN, and Ohio Class SSB(G)N):

AYyEZzD.jpg

(K)Russian (Foreground to background: Akula Class SSN, Yasen Class SSN with VLS, Oscar Class SSGN, and Typhoon Class SSBN):

r1gePJ6.jpg

Just asking, but are there download links for these subs?

1 hour ago, Vonnmillard said:

Just asking, but are there download links for these subs?

To add to that, the LA Class (Dallesque) and Ohio Class (Omahesque) are both available at the KerbalX links above your post, they just need to be tweaked to your liking.

Not sure if this is an oversight or a limitation of BDA, but regarding the Type 45's SAMPSON radar, IRL it actually has two AESA faces on opposite sides of the radome to limit the amount of time an area of sky is not under surveillance. This is why the whole radome rotates rather than just a dish inside the radome. Not sure if it's possible to replicate this in the mod so the radar display would show two mirrored lines rotating rather than one?

Additionally, just wondering if you've got an Artisan radar (like on Type 23 Frigates and the QE class carrier) in the pipeworks? And maybe also a Type 23 style torpedo launcher like in this pic?

Stingray-Training-Torpedo-Firing-740x493

Awesome work on the mod so far btw

23 minutes ago, kegdr said:

Not sure if it's possible to replicate this in the mod so the radar display would show two mirrored lines rotating rather than one?

Hi neither do i but i can find out

24 minutes ago, kegdr said:

And maybe also a Type 23 style torpedo launcher like in this pic?

lt6Ee59.gif

54 minutes ago, kegdr said:

Awesome! Look forward to using it. Though I must point out in case anyone is mistaken, the real T45 doesn't have torpedo tubes

The modular nature of the parts for the ship gives a lot of leeway to make multiple vessels. I've made a Udaloy-esque ship out of it so just because all the parts are there for a Type 45 doesn't mean you can't make something else with the extras.

55 minutes ago, kegdr said:

Awesome! Look forward to using it. Though I must point out in case anyone is mistaken, the real T45 doesn't have torpedo tubes

AND? Mine does :) and the CK will get some also .

but it doesn't have to if,  regardless of the fact that you play the game with little green men,   your belief is just too stretched by the Type 45 having torpedo launchers :P

A few phots regarding the mod. Victory class CG, T45 DDG, Oberon LPD, Mosquito MTMB (Motor Torpedo & Missile Boat), Spike Corvette. 

wsQ31CL.jpg

YXZ1779.jpgRxKNpfX.jpg

0cLPiSz.jpg

2oEvWaL.jpg

Ffsg00u.jpg

Edited by Cdodders

15 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

AND? Mine does :) and the CK will get some also .

but it doesn't have to if,  regardless of the fact that you play the game with little green men,   your belief is just too stretched by the Type 45 having torpedo launchers :P

Sorry man, I didn't mean it as a complaint, just as a little note for anyone who might not know  :wink:

I rarely build ships based on real designs anyway, coming up with my own is part of the fun :D

On 28/07/2017 at 6:38 PM, kegdr said:

two AESA faces on opposite sides of the radome

Re this tried it , don't see the point, it gets you no more than switching on the other radar unit, because each face has to have named transform driven by a separate radar module that you have to switch on as well, and if you try and  have two,  identical named transforms( unity game objects) driven by one module  it simply does not produce the desired result.

At this point in time you are much better off just firing up one of the many other radar units that should be fitted ( of course only if you wish to defend against missiles traveling at 1.5km/s)  If it was of any benefit then maybe it could be a thing ,  but as it's not i doubt i'll add it as an enhancement , as it isn't :)  

One interesting glitch I've found; When you use the SM GoFast with that outboard tilt-engine thing, the kraken tends to have a feast.

The engine steers it right just a tad, and then all things just... die. The ship goes into a spinny-lag cyclone, and the entire thing wrecks. No matter what I do I can't fix it. Help?

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

One interesting glitch I've found; When you use the SM GoFast with that outboard tilt-engine thing, the kraken tends to have a feast.

The engine steers it right just a tad, and then all things just... die. The ship goes into a spinny-lag cyclone, and the entire thing wrecks. No matter what I do I can't fix it. Help?

I shall investigate

28 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

:o That was fast

Hi can you describe what you are doing as i'm running it now and see no issues, it's very likely that if any of the parts are scaled that things will get a bit strange but, stock straight from the box, two engines two cmd seats and launch and it's working perfectly.

PoCEvfg.png

20 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi can you describe what you are doing as i'm running it now and see no issues, it's very likely that if any of the parts are scaled that things will get a bit strange but, stock straight from the box, two engines two cmd seats and launch and it's working perfectly.

PoCEvfg.png

Ah. I was running one engine. I'll test it with 2 and see if anything breaks