[1.4.X] SM Marine, Version 0.9.9.3 KSP xx PSA important

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ProXyGamer said:

Hi ! Your mods is amazing ! I very love it ! But I am a noob for create the boat :( Can you get a files for have the ship in SPH ?

HI thanks, I should be able to make some basic craft files available, there are already craft files for two versions of the Tug linked in the first post,  I reckon 1 ship using each hull should be enough to get you going,  I forget that not everyone has spent most of their lives around ships and boats. Seems to  make sense to put them on KerbalX

On 08/01/2017 at 7:06 AM, acerarity said:

have you removed the 57mm naval gun? i can't find it in the mod files, or in-game, and i spent an hour looking for it(i clicked on every 3d model file to see if i could recognize it and i couldn't)

HI there're no guns in this pack, all the weapons shown on craft  are without exception  from SM Armory (formerly Boomsticks) which is currently being finalised for 1.0 beta release

12 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI there're no guns in this pack, all the weapons shown on craft  are without exception  from SM Armory (formerly Boomsticks) which is currently being finalised for 1.0 beta release

i meant to put that in the SM Armory forum

(i saw a SM in my tabs an looked no further, so i started typing)

Edited by acerarity

Hi all yes it's been quiet here for a while , but behind the scenes the wheels don't stop turning, ever!  Following on from the RC1 and TB1 kit boats I've another full ship for you much larger than before, still with a 1 part hull because there really is nothing to be gained by making it in chunks, this kit builds to the vessel below,  and comes in ten parts,  5 of the superstructure parts come with accommodation and IVA's ,  should be a very easy build, each part is numbered , connect 1-2 2-3  etc etc easy peasy   

I'm just about to throw it at the  testers and see if it sticks, so expect a new arrival in your ship yard soon. Pics ----- the spray FX is produced by a bow thruster module I'm messing with (ps all weaps are from SM Armory as usual)

E5i4HOU.gif

2BnKqxD.pngwxkA8nc.png?1

In a break from tradition  the CK will not be available in just plain grey, considering the ship is all mapped to one texture it's got a fairly decent uv layout, not enough to allow for painting of fine details but more than enough to carry camo and random patterns, as well as the more regular solid colors.

As is the fashion these days the texture patch is applied by MM, so if you don't use FireSpitter you shouldn't get any log errors due to module not being found, but  she'll be plain grey.  All the parts will take any color if you fancy a multi color horror.  .If there are any other colors you fancy let me know  otherwise it'll ship with the colors featured below  .  There is an option to allow for Kerbpaint also, but I find the colors objectionable , I have though added a patch for Kerbpaint for some of the other hulls and the RC1 purely to judge how people like or want them

zLMUZzU.gif

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this request Spanner, but could you make a bridge similar to the warship, one deck, bridges, but with bridge wings? I'm a huge fan of that aesthetic, and from my experience on river vessels, they do have a very useful purpose.

Just something a few kerbals could stand on. Maybe with an opening on the back wall so they can walk around an upper deck.

Or just a separate bridge wing part, that's be awesome also. Just, most of the bridge's currently don't have side entrances.

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/c78c283ad83f4752bbb42d109c3a6113/ships-bridge-and-bridge-wing-passenger-ferry-arriving-civitavecchia-c0w6y1.jpg

Image result for arleigh burke bridge wing

Also, could we get a bridge modeled after the current Iowa Class bridge?

Image result for Iowa Class bridge

Edited by cavilier210
Added pictures, and elaborated

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Spanner, I had a thought for a future addition. Lifeboats / Utility boats for either LPD type vessels / carriers. I plan on trying to build something small that can be launched from a much larger vessel. These would also make great detail items to hang from racks on much larger vessels.

2 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Hey Spanner, I had a thought for a future addition. Lifeboats / Utility boats for either LPD type vessels / carriers. I plan on trying to build something small that can be launched from a much larger vessel. These would also make great detail items to hang from racks on much larger vessels.

On the list, unsurprisingly, if you have big boats you need little boats to look after them etc, there's a tonne of eye candy stuff that could be added along the same lines, if IR and KAS play nice together (as one part)  i fancy working davits/boat lifts. but yeah they'll appear slowly

Hi chaps little preview of stuff for the next update, which oddly enough adds even more stuff

Sectional Landing ship, 4 parts ,  bow , two hull sections long, short and stern, animated ramp, naturally and removable decks .

Also The name plate on the bow is set up for easy user change of the name , the part is built into the bow and the texture is changed using the FSTextureSwitch2 module. 

I've provided example textures and a little guide , and in the cfg provided commented out options only requiring addition of your new texture name.

o6ye2pS.png

S1850MRadar and Sampson Radar

ghl2ve1.gif

Recycled overhauled outboards and GoFast (cmd seat version)

3GLxbKq.pngUHEWmzZ.png

and 36 fixes so far

6 minutes ago, "Landed.at.Jool" said:

What have I done wrong? 

Hi , first go to you KSP Gamedata folder and delete any MM cache files, next go to the main KSP folder and delete the PartDatabase.cfg. restart the game, when it crashes zip up a copy of your KSP.log and make it available to download and I can tell you what's wrong otherwise it's just a guess..... and my guess is, as it's a new month you have failed to make your monthly sacrifice to the Kraken of the deeps . But seriously KSP.log or no fix

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Hi all,

In SMM dev news this week.

After a week of frustration, false starts and glitches it's been decided that Hovercraft are coming to SMM.  They'll be using a dependency,  asid e from the BDA powered radars I tried to stay away from making the mod dependent on other things, why use a plugin when you can do the same with stock?

In the case of hovercraft, if you want a true amphibious vehicle you cannot simulate the effect in stock , you can get close but not close enough to make it really work. 

The plugin was kindly overhauled by @flywlyx creator of the old hovercraft mod (now updated for 122 if you want to see how it works before the update) and the marvelous Aircraft carrier accessories, in order for it to be usable by other parts. It works in a very different way than the repulsors from KF which ruled themselves out by not being able to combine several units in one, which is required to get a stable lift and platform. Hovercraft dll uses raycast in order to lift, no invisible wheels here.  There is no micro management of lift, as in a real hovercraft the whole thing lifts as one.  The skirt is animated though not tied to lift.  and in it's inflated state will float correctly when no under lift, so parking it at sea is not a problem

After some testing we've more of less decided that aside from the skirts and a deck for each there are more than enough parts in SMM, and definitely enough if you look in all my mods, to build any craft you care to dream up.  Although I will do engines and fans, that should be the lot.

SO as to what you can do with the parts we've got, large skirt first, followed by the small

from @XOC2008

ESaIltc.jpg60yspDZ.jpg

and the first test run from me

Y0NAkKj.png

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Jackaroo0505 said:

Where's the Gustav Ammo? The 203Shells/ 203mm ammo? Can't find it anywhere.

Hi thats yet another oops, by now it should all have switched to CAL++ but admin issues elsewhere have messed up the plan.   IF you fancy a little copy paste,  below is the resource definition for the 203's ,  just browse to SM Armory Resources and paste the below into the Ammo.cfg

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
	name = 203Shells
	title = 203 mm (8") Shell
	abbreviation = 8"
	density = 0.06602
	flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
	transfer = PUMP
	isTweakable = true
}

OR you can install CAL https://spacedock.info/mod/291/C.A.L++ (Community Ammunition Library for BDArmory)

If either means is not to your liking I can release a patch, that will simply add the new/old resource. The whole ammo thing is being reworked to take maximum benefit from the  new bullet type and penetration systems, and it''s a bit messy right now, unfortunately.

On second thoughts Here is a patch for the Ammo issue, simply extract and merge the SM_Armory folder with the existing version in your GameData folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uh1j2bxpx077je/SM_Armory Missing ammo patch.zip?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2017 at 7:27 PM, Jackaroo0505 said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) Ok. I cannot scroll through the universal ammo box to get to the 203Shells. Also, there are 203Shells and 203mm. I found out a trick that if you use Cannon shell boxes and then enable infinite ammo, it will work.

Hi thanks , that's really and issue for SMA not SMM i know it's confusing but i get lost too, I'll take a look and get it sorted , there' s lots of odd things going on with ammo right now so bear with me while i work out wth is going on

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all  

A Note concerning issues.

There  is now a git repository for SMM in order to access and provide a hard record of any issues that occur, as the mod list grows the more i find I'm forgetting and things that should be dealt with are slipping between the cracks. Therefore  it makes sense to do something properly for a change .  You can find the issues reporting page  at this link     https://github.com/SpannerMonkey/SM-Marine/issues

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wCmgaQh.png

Hi all, while it's all quiet in forum land production has continued on the aforementioned Type 45.  It finally hit the water a couple of weeks ago and has been through the full range of abuse, sunk, set on fire blown up and defended itself against ten heavily armed AI aircraft.   

The ship is fitted with a removable 24 cell vls unit (cover provided for deck when VLS not fitted)  and will come with the correct missiles for class.  The Aster 15's and Aster 30's have been very successful in tests with an exceptional hit rate.  The missiles differ in range and physical size. the Aster 15 is short range and carries a short booster, and the Aster 30 is very long range and is capable of speeds in excess of Mach3.  A bonus missile will likely be included as it's also proved devastating as a ground launch weapon as well as Air to air,  the BDA meteor is another deadly accurate radar guided missile with an outrageous top speed and exceptional hit rate

Spoiler

A note on the addition to weapons to a marine mod, as anyone who has used the mod before will know, I like kit ships, a full set of parts to build what you want all in one place,  whether it be fenders for tugs or cranes for support vessels for it to be complete  you need all the bits.    I thought long and hard about it before deciding to include weapons, but my experience with other missile systems and people having trouble finding the right missile, adding them is the only way to go

SM Marine will continue with the Kit ship methodology regardless or what needs to be put in in order for a ship to have full function. for example  marine robotics  and cranes will appear for users of IR 

Also the ship will come with the closest approximation I can get of a Seagnat system this is very similar to the CM units fitted to aircraft but much larger, and deploys smoke  flares and chaff, although the chaff element needs another way, some kind of airburst which is, I believe how the real thing works.

Other points to note, the radar are appropriate to type and extremely effective in the new BDAc long range environment.  The foremast is cfg in two forms, a bare without antenna and a full rigged version, the full rigged version carries a communication and heavy ECM array

The hull is one part similar to Cekay and has a large removable deck section, this gives access to a large dry underdeck area for ammo storage, or as I'm favoring lately large special APU's that provide all the power for the vessel, rather than a hand wavium generator .

There;s likely more, but that can wait, it looks like the 1.3 update will be an epic one with new ships and toys galore. 

E3otRdi.gif

3UydgpH.gif

9 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

wCmgaQh.png

Hi all, while it's all quiet in forum land production has continued on the aforementioned Type 45.  It finally hit the water a couple of weeks ago and has been through the full range of abuse, sunk, set on fire blown up and defended itself against ten heavily armed AI aircraft.   

The ship is fitted with a removable 24 cell vls unit (cover provided for deck when VLS not fitted)  and will come with the correct missiles for class.  The Aster 15's and Aster 30's have been very successful in tests with an exceptional hit rate.  The missiles differ in range and physical size. the Aster 15 is short range and carries a short booster, and the Aster 30 is very long range and is capable of speeds in excess of Mach3.  A bonus missile will likely be included as it's also proved devastating as a ground launch weapon as well as Air to air,  the BDA meteor is another deadly accurate radar guided missile with an outrageous top speed and exceptional hit rate

Reveal hidden contents

A note on the addition to weapons to a marine mod, as anyone who has used the mod before will know, I like kit ships, a full set of parts to build what you want all in one place,  whether it be fenders for tugs or cranes for support vessels for it to be complete  you need all the bits.    I thought long and hard about it before deciding to include weapons, but my experience with other missile systems and people having trouble finding the right missile, adding them is the only way to go

SM Marine will continue with the Kit ship methodology regardless or what needs to be put in in order for a ship to have full function. for example  marine robotics  and cranes will appear for users of IR 

Also the ship will come with the closest approximation I can get of a Seagnat system this is very similar to the CM units fitted to aircraft but much larger, and deploys smoke  flares and chaff, although the chaff element needs another way, some kind of airburst which is, I believe how the real thing works.

Other points to note, the radar are appropriate to type and extremely effective in the new BDAc long range environment.  The foremast is cfg in two forms, a bare without antenna and a full rigged version, the full rigged version carries a communication and heavy ECM array

The hull is one part similar to Cekay and has a large removable deck section, this gives access to a large dry underdeck area for ammo storage, or as I'm favoring lately large special APU's that provide all the power for the vessel, rather than a hand wavium generator .

There;s likely more, but that can wait, it looks like the 1.3 update will be an epic one with new ships and toys galore. 

E3otRdi.gif

3UydgpH.gif

Ho boy. Been waiting for this!!!