[1.4.X] SM Marine, Version 0.9.9.3 KSP xx PSA important

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NOTE TO ALL USERS OF SM MARINE
There are issues in KSP 1.6.x with certain parts containing  multiple animations . These issues display as broken information in the PAW (right click menu) and the animations being inoperative . The fix is fairly simple but time consuming to do   and will be dealt with in a small update shortly.  This and the broken IR aside  all parts appear to be working  well and fully functional in 1.6.x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

E3otRdi.gif

SM Industries Presents

E5i4HOU.gif

cZcY0yf.png

v0.9.9.3

SM Marine KSP 1.4.X BDA 1.2.X
OnlyUse SM Industries Included

SM Marine NEEDS the SM_Industries plugin and localisation dictionary in order to function correctly
It is important to have the version that matches the release, mismatched versions will result
In Autloc text being displayed and parts may not appear
SM_Industries for a latest releases can be found at the link below

https://github.com/SpannerMonkey/SMIndustries/releases

What is SM Marine? primarily its is a selection of parts and equipment to make your ships look more like ships, including better looking bridges with limited IVA, working radars, propeller drive systems, masts and antennas, I even found the time to add a few one part hulls

As you may know I've been developing weapon mods forever and even as long ago as 0.16 I had working boats and submarines. upon my return I noticed a proliferation of boat mods and thought cool I like boats and ships a lot, i tried them and non of them fitted what I wanted, they were either too big, too complex or just not Spanner. So i started making a small selection of parts to make them more to my taste, along the way i dipped into my many years of experience in the marine industry and way too many hours spent on sea trials and made some hulls, that according to those who have tested them are some of the best behaved hulls in the game, naturally I'm biased.

None of the parts are huge but they are all tweakscale prepared, so should you desire they can be huge .

EE0F76c.png

Typhoon and main cmd center IVA

mGTdGdn.png

ySJxtDJ.png

tvHRhLo.png

And its not all military

1V1bN1K.png

n6k5t0K.png

mAB9dcu.png

Changelog

Spoiler

Version 0.9.9.3 KSP 14
Fix Sub part texture switch
Fix string error on certain part names
Fix missing texture patch on TB1
Reposition srf attach nodes on CK upper works

To prevent confusion , SM Industries is included and must also be installed for full function of all SM mods

Version  v0.9.7.5

Adding Rib Rigid Inflatable Boat

Waterjet for RIB

Torpedo enhancements

details

Version v0.9.7.4

Added
Type 45 destroyer
FASV Fleet auxiliary service vessel
Go fast , high performance patrol bot
LS1 multipart landing ship
Hovercraft parts  
Dallesque submarine modular hull parts   . This sub parts addition includes 30 plus parts including experimental counter measures,sonar, periscope, various arrangements of launch and torpedo tubes
Omahesque submarine modular hull parts  see note 1 above
Minisub small well equipped exploration submersible
Ship launched torpedoes
Torpedo and missile launch tubes and turrets for surface vessels
Aster1530 High speed radar guided missiles , Use in type 45 VLS
MBDA Meteor High speed radar guided missiles  Use in type 45 VLS
Many decorative Greeble items
functional lifeboat
Marine Robotics, including A frame, robotic arm. and robotic lifeboat davits
MK48 Torpedo sized for Dallesque subs
BAE Spearfish ship launched torpedo
MK99 ship launched torpedo
Miscellaneous submarine launched torpedoes

EN_US Localisation

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

v0.9.6.0  CeKay

Cruiser kit complete ship kit

Bridge units with wing extensions as requested

v0.9.5.1

Version bump for 1.2.2 no changes

v0.9.5.0

parts to build 2 complete new craft Tug boat and Riverine patrol boat

5 new hulls

many new structural parts rails stairs etc

Recolour all parts to match LBP colour

Retune drive units to sensible maximum speeds. no more sci fi speeds makes for safer ships

ALL Ballast resource and storage changed to BallastWater All hulls prepped for hull Breach

Spoiler

CONTENTS
4x structural panels 1x1 2x2 3x3 4x4
Air Intake Mast
AnchorIV , attach to kas winch, also works with HL airships AirAnchor
KAS Anchorz, attach to kas winch
Large deployable antenna
Deck Bollards, just deco
Bridge type1
Bridge type4
Bridge type3
Bridge type5
Coms Mast with nav lights
Extending radar/camera unit  BDA plugin required
7 hulls in various sizes with various features
Deck parts for the flare bow hull
Large Radome , BDA plugin required
Light Weight antenna
Marine sensor package
Marine trim plane / Rudder
Microwave high power antenna
Nav mast with nav lights
Emissive Nav lights, these are emissive only and as such will not provide illumination
Nav Mast bare
Nav mast type six
Radar bar type scanner BDA plugin required
Radome radar unit small BDA plugin required
Raked nav mast
Raked nav mast with nav lights
Small reverser motor
Sooper sinker ballast device
SooperSinker Radial ballast device
Sterngear Type 1  Propellor, shaft and A brkt and sterntube
Warship Bridge type 4
Z drive nozzles , Transom Z drive and leg type

And more in  several cases  items share a common folder and texture

2bKBqbs.png

Notes on functionality All radar units included in this mod require BD Armory in order to function. 

ALL drive units require a recent copy of the Firespitter DLL to be installed, without firespitter there will be no engine sounds. Would very much like a standalone version of the engine sounds functionality

Propeller effects are provided by stock modules as is engine reversing.

Extending Radar and small Radome  the unit is telescopic and also includes a targeting camera, The fwd or  neutral position is marked on the shell by use of a yellow line

There are 3 types of anchor included all types work as anchors when attached to a KAS winch mount, in addition anchor 4  will activate the AirAnchor functionality of the HL airships airpark modules ( working on a standalone version for this mod)

All structural parts will and should sink, please let me know if you find something floaty that should not be.

Drive Units and rudders have 0 buoyancy.

Each hull carries a small amount of ballast space, each Bridge unit has a pump for filling and emptying the ballast space.

The drive units power  scales with size so it is possible to overpower all the hulls should an overly large drive size be chosen, for best results keep scales in parity.

The Rudder.  do not be tempted to add  several rudders in order to quicken steering, due to lift in certain circumstances now providing speed it is possible with multiple rudders to induce uncontrollable handling characteristics. The hulls steer at an acceptable rate for the size and mass

All of the hulls has RCS thrusters acting as fine position and maneuvering thrusters,  these are powered from ballast stored in the onboard tanks,  To activate RCS you will need to pump some ballast into the tanks then activate RCS as normal, no ballast = no thrust

All drives are intended to run on Intake Air and liquid fuel, the included intake mast will provide enough air for fairly large scales of engine, this part is also scale able

For ease and simplicity of use the bridge units carry small generators for LF IA and EC

And as a bonus all parts work well with other ship mods especially the Large Boat Parts pack that i am now maintaining while Laythe is otherwise occupied

The new small hulls are not currently balanced for HullBreach, they are a lot more delicate than the LBP parts and balancing is a time consuming process, As soon as the balancing is properly achieved the cfg's wil be added to HullBreach. The larger hulls are almost there and will sink with cfg's included in  HullBreach

The Tug can attach to any other vessel using the included grab parts, styled as a push bar and truck tire these function exactly the same way as the stock Klaw.  To use mount the chosen type on your craft, once launched, select arm, this will raise the visible contact pads. To attach to another vessel approach should be around 1m/s any slower and it will not trigger, any faster and you may bounce off before the module can grab the other vessel.  To release select release from the gui.  Most ships in LBP can be moved by two tugs 1 at the stern of the vessel to be moved and one attached via the Truck Tire klaw to the side of the vessel to be moved just forward of midpoint. this forward tug provides steerage

Craft Files Basic Builds

Special thanks go to @gomker  @XOC2008 @V8jester  without whom the mod would not be as neat as it is ,  and thanks to  all the others who've presented ideas, random thoughts which have become a reality

Download from SpaceDock

other downloads available shortly

GitHub

Requires SM_Industries Dictionary assembled and created by @gomker

SM_Industries EN US Localisation Dictionary

Now available stand alone airpark works with the NEW ship main anchor

Mods that are considered essential in order to fully use every item in this mod   and 

Other Ship and Boat related useful mods and addons see below

Spoiler

Kerbal Konstructs water spawn point, several points for ship spawn around the coast. Unzip and place in GameData, load game. view available launch points via KK launch window

This version contains 4 water launch points, 1 just off the coast of KSC, 1 In the bay at KSC island, and  2 on of all places Laythe (well there is water there :) )

I5NJxX2.png

SM Statics Harbors pier and marine installations

You can now get the Harbor parts and piers and all the other items that go to make KSP a more interesting less barren place that many of you have asked for .  You will of course need to have Kerbal Konstructs installed. There are several locations with prebuilt harbors around Kerbin and 1 on Laythe.  There's lots of stuff in the pack so if you don't want it all just delete it, that said I've used most parts for the harbors. so if you do delete the parts you will have much less interesting or picturesque places to visit.

SM Statics Harbors piers and marine facilities

Note this pack also includes the water spawn buoy, currently it is zipped up, if you have already used the standalone water spawn, you can simply delete the existing version , unzip the one in the pack and all the water spawn points will be available ( the standalone version is actually the same part  simply removed from the pack)  or leave the one in the pack zipped and use the standalone, your choice
Other changes to previous versions, removed some junk,  files are now grouped by type. This should make it easier to simply remove those items you have no use for in bulk

jiTfTvL.pngJr7pxpm.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Airpark continued by gomker includes several features specifically incorporated for Ships and Boats

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Large Boat Parts mod, features an ever expanding range of ship hull parts for modern and WW2 ships  from 500mtr long carriers to dinky little WW2 destroyers. Created by Laythe and now being maintained and overhauled by yours truly,  SM Marine is the perfect partner mod for LBP as all the parts in SMM and LBP are designed together, so everything looks like it belongs. Contrary to the post title the mod is fully update to 1.2.1 and very actively maintained

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all  

A Note concerning issues.

There  is now a git repository for SMM in order to access and provide a hard record of any issues that occur, as the mod list grows the more i find I'm forgetting and things that should be dealt with are slipping between the cracks. Therefore  it makes sense to do something properly for a change .  You can find the issues reporting page  at this link     https://github.com/SpannerMonkey/SM-Marine/issues

NOTICE

SM Marine is  published under license type All Rights Reserved

please do not relist or distribute this mod in any form, via any medium or service without my express permission.

52icpy3.png

Hi all yes the button is new, i don't ever expect anyone to bother, you are certainly not obliged in any way, I was asked by several people this week, if there was a donation button in order to show their appreciation, the wife saw the requests, and after a some discussion i have given in and added a donation facility

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
14X v0.9.9.3

Best mod of the genre , I have a question or is it bug? Build a light destroyer and I equipped with its engine "stern gear type 1 " and it just consumes no liquid fuel , is to fix ? Sorry my english via google translator .... Hugs and continue with the mod best I have installed on my game

Really beautiful part pack @SpannerMonkey(smce)

However, will you be making carriar parts with working lifts and docking ports(pardon me for using the wrong term) any time soon??  Something like infiniteDice boat parts for the carrier. And is there any plans to make hulls that are compatible with malfunc VLS parts.

Just had a few seconds to mess around with these (curse you, real life!) but they seem to be pretty great- I really like the fact they have wells for missile storage!

However, it does seem to me that the scale for some of the masts-particularly the air intake one- is a little smaller than it should be- is this a bug, or am I just using the wrong size mast?

11 hours ago, Favilin said:

Best mod of the genre , I have a question or is it bug? Build a light destroyer and I equipped with its engine "stern gear type 1 " and it just consumes no liquid fuel , is to fix ? Sorry my english via google translator .... Hugs and continue with the mod best I have installed on my game

I'll check it out thanks for the report. Do note that the fuel generator included in the Bridge units is rated to keep a balanced fuel level, this prevents issues with the vessels trim changing over time, especially on longer runs

7 hours ago, Jackeled said:

Really beautiful part pack @SpannerMonkey(smce)

However, will you be making carriar parts with working lifts and docking ports(pardon me for using the wrong term) any time soon??  Something like infiniteDice boat parts for the carrier. And is there any plans to make hulls that are compatible with malfunc VLS parts.

I'm really reluctant to make hulls anything larger due to the issues with water and physics, admittedly it does seem a lot better in 1.1.3 than 1.1.2 but i know from the works on the LBP that the issue is still lurking around the corner. I'd very much like to keep the hulls the size they are.  As for compatibility with Malfunc I'll look into it but if it requires a larger hull size I'd have some reservations. For larger parts with VLS tubes already in place take a look at the update i released for the Large Boat Parts pack

4 hours ago, AlbertKermin said:

Just had a few seconds to mess around with these (curse you, real life!) but they seem to be pretty great- I really like the fact they have wells for missile storage!

However, it does seem to me that the scale for some of the masts-particularly the air intake one- is a little smaller than it should be- is this a bug, or am I just using the wrong size mast?

Tweakscale is your friend here, the parts are sized admittedly for smaller craft but a little bit of added scale makes all the difference

9 minutes ago, AlbertKermin said:

Tweakscale hates me :)

Yeah i appreciate the difficulty , it's only recently that me and it have been able to get along, I'll throw a double sized one (ventmast) in the next little update which is due next couple of days, just small items and tweaks nothing major.

1 minute ago, njmksr said:

I haven't used the latest release, but are the missile bays sized to accept stock BD cruise missiles?

Hi the hulls in this mod are not deep enough to accept larger missiles,  in fact although it's functional as a vls, the amount of missiles available that fit (hardly any) render it a bit useless, if you want larger vls i've just made and released some via the LBP

1 hour ago, BlackHoleSun said:

VERY NICE!

Thanks, and your vid reminds me that I have a fixed version of those rotors somewhere

Another new modular deck amphibious hull has just come off the slip, along with the requested larger air Intake mast and a couple of smaller deco parts

1RhYLwV.png

brdTkne.png

RfVMlD7.png

i3rMBlR.png

10 hours ago, BlackHoleSun said:

Where to get D/L?

An updated download will be available soon, just want to add a couple more deco Items. The Dock parts you asked about in my profile are part of a largish collection of  marine and  static parts that I've been slowly adding to for a while. they've never been made available for download. I could i suppose make them available via SpaceDock but that would ideally need another thread to provide support( not that they need any)

Spoiler

On 06/07/2016 at 5:01 AM, SGTSLADAK said:

SM this mod is gold! Thank you!!!! Little fuss no muss....K.sea P is underway...just like my new navy!!! Thanks again for your brilliance... you rock!!!

Coo thanks, glad you're enjoying it. More stuff incoming

Update today!

Update

New Amphibious operations hull with modular decks
Experimental crew quarters and IVA EVA explore able cabin
Spray brake
Large intake mast
Large Ships Anchor KAS and AirPark functionality included

And more I've probably forgotten about

The experimental crew quarters included consists of 3 normal pod like cabins and one cabin that can be entered when on EVA, there are some small details to work out but I feel it's stable enough for a testing

sf1R63n.png

rzNdqLu.png

On 7/10/2016 at 9:32 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Anyone for some hull numbers? (tedious mod of the year)

ukivD3z.png

I made hull numbers for BHI a few weeks ago. It was the most tedious and painful modelling I have ever done..... I feel your pain here man

My only concern is how do we move these things to the water? like... that's my only question really. we can build the big boats, but how do we get them to the shoreline?

Edited by Hellbrand

12 hours ago, Hellbrand said:

vesselmover  works not  for 1.1.3 last i checked.

Check out the closed vessel mover thread , I have placed a link to an unofficial recompile for 1.1.3 there.

21 hours ago, Hellbrand said:

My only concern is how do we move these things to the water? like... that's my only question really. we can build the big boats, but how do we get them to the shoreline?

Hi if you use kerbal konstructs I can supply spawn points for KSC harbor, 200mtrs off ksc beach and KSC island spawn which spawns round the back of the island both these spawn points can launch the biggest things you can practically build.

Spoiler

O2owgcc.png

KSC harbor spawn point

On 16/07/2016 at 10:42 AM, Jackeled said:

Will this and LBP and boomstick work with 1.05??. I can't get bda to work with 1.1 pre release. So 1.05 is my only hope to have some fun with BDA

Hi, although i can't guarantee it will be trouble free both mods should work, pretty sure there are no particular 1.1.3 features in the parts, I'd say give it a go and see what happens. I can probably offer simple solutions for any issues you have.  (as an aside, what exactly are your problems with BDA? although I'm actually running a recompiled for 1.1.3 version i know that the still 1.1 version will work pretty much without issue)