[1.4.X] SM Marine, Version 0.9.9.3 KSP xx PSA important

I've tried different combinations, it does takes a lot of time and couldn't pin point the culprit.

At 1st I thought it was graphic enhancement mods: EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, StockVisualEnhancements and scatterer but was able to dive with only those so problem somewhere there.

Will try more later, it takes a lot of time. If any new information, will post it.

Thanks for help!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @SpannerMonkey(smce), I just installed the SM_Static pack for my 1.3.1 career that I finally got to, and it seems to me that the wreck on the rocks near the KSC is incredibly small. It also seems like a lot of these statics are pretty small, and should be sized up a little bit. Especially the wreck, though, as there's a pillar with a helicopter pad on it that only the tiniest of helicopters would be able to fit on.

15 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Hey @SpannerMonkey(smce), I just installed the SM_Static pack for my 1.3.1 career that I finally got to, and it seems to me that the wreck on the rocks near the KSC is incredibly small. It also seems like a lot of these statics are pretty small, and should be sized up a little bit. Especially the wreck, though, as there's a pillar with a helicopter pad on it that only the tiniest of helicopters would be able to fit on.

Hi odd that you mention that as it has become a particular annoyance of late.  Back when 90% of the deco statics were made  everything i did was sized for kerbs,  however as time has passed i've gradually adopted a fullsize approach, real world sizes, and kerbs aside from being the reason the game is here, are a little irrelevant. 

However as there's a known group of user who are firm believers in all things kerb  so really I cant unilaterally upscale everything by 40% , as while it then looks right for larger models, it's going to be a little odd for those on stock scale . Fortunately there's a  scale option in the KK editor , but  doesn't help with the hundreds of already placed items placed items.  The other option is to obviously remove all the pre placed deco, leaving the many harbor pier/jetty  assemblies as is, and just let the users decide what goes where.

I've been considering what to do with the static pack in general as regards size and content but compared to my other constantly developing mods it's a poor relation,  and it's been quite a while since i've done anything static wise.

SO i'm open to suggestions  :)

47 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

What is the Kraken class based on?

HI, nothing in particular, (though i suppose it's influenced by an undefined number of years(lots) working around fast and very exclusive surface craft, including several world record holders. )  From certain angles it looks a bit like X and from others a bit like Y ,  but like CK pure fantasy, although not that fanciful it couldn't be

KKPFC6l.png

And a sneak peak at an already completed vessel, currently undergoing extremely rigorous testing. Released delayed due to indecision over form of release, lots of parts , or fewer, and there are pros and cons for both.

Spoiler

0fFGiDg.png

QqMGGJR.png

qHImUgz.png

@Wrench Head try the ww2 stacks from LBP, much more suited to that use, and not as squat

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 hour ago, TheKurgan said:

I personally like the "lots of parts" version :wink:

I like the fewer parts option (not that it's THAT much fewer), but it certainly drops the part count to a more comfortable amount for myself at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished some American destroyers today,   These are very popular destroyers in WW2.....

qc6M1TC.png
kP9FdHw.png

From top to bottom :  Benson classFletcher class  ,  Allen M. Sumner class  ,  Gearing class.
AGuemqx.png

Benson class close up:
wdMxO17.png

Fletcher class close up:
8LFiDJx.png

Allen M. Sumner class close up:
n0KHsA9.png

Gearing class close up:
EN0X8Ne.png

Edited by Violet_Wyvern

6 hours ago, MaxPeck said:

Hey @SpannerMonkey(smce), the statics download link in the main post and in your signature is broken, just throws up a 404 error from dropbox.  I was trying to add your statics (can never have too many) and they're ungettable right now.

Hi as some are aware i have a bit of a technical hitch, that resulted in the corruption of all my unity projects and KSP dev builds,  the loss of the drive has meant i've had to do some serious culling in order to ksp 1.4.1 dev heading in the right direction.  Part of that was clearing my locally stored downloads , in order to make room for the huge alpha updates that the team gets to review.  The SMI group when packaged is bigger than i can get in a free dropbox, and that's just the major mods, not including adoptees etc     SO things that are locally stored are temporarily unavailable .

Normal service will be resumed ASAF (feasible)

Why not just park it on spacedock with a note that it’s unsupported and use is caveat emptor?

Barring that, @SpannerMonkey(smce)until you have your supply chain re-established, do you care if we go P2P with the statics?

It’s kind of funny, it seems like those statics are one of your most popular creations and yet are the thing you’re least interested in supporting. 

Edited by MaxPeck

21 hours ago, MaxPeck said:

it seems like those statics are one of your most popular creations and yet are the thing you’re least interested in supporting. 

Hi, it's not really  a question of support , it's time,  quite happy to sort any issue that arise with the statics , but i dont't need or want  another thread and all that goes with it. It's also worth noting that the popularity of mod X or mod Y is somewhat of an irrelevance , ( although i've a rough idea from dl data  of what is and isn't popular)  and makes absolutely no difference to me at all,  if it's downloaded once or  a thousand times it changes nothing for me.

However once the 141 push and chaos of corruption has diminished I'll be going through whats in that group and rationalizing a lot of it perhaps removing to separate groups or dumping altogether .  As there's a lot of junk gathered in there over the years, and some of it is very very old.  The new incoming KK features will allow plans of old to be brought  to fruition . such as auto night lighting etc.

The empire strike back!   There's some Japanese destroyers appeared at the horizon.....
9s9onhb.png
tVsS5T0.png

From top to bottom :  Asashio classKagero class  ,  Shimakaze class  ,  Akizuki class.
03PCEit.png

Asashio class close up:
az4vkYx.png

Kagero class close up:
mzhkqwI.png

Shimakaze class close up:
N2hdSEQ.png

Akizuki class close up:
xkoNGmz.png

And don't forgot the old Fubuki class and Akatsuki class

Fubuki class :
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/142557-131-sm-marine-131v-0990-beta-bda-damage-overhaul-version/&do=findComment&comment=3269292
Akatsuki class : https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/142557-131-sm-marine-131v-0990-beta-bda-damage-overhaul-version/&do=findComment&comment=3310522

Edited by Violet_Wyvern

1 hour ago, debitfett said:

Will we see an update o 1.4.1?

On 3/22/2018 at 1:11 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi as some are aware i have a bit of a technical hitch, that resulted in the corruption of all my unity projects and KSP dev builds,  the loss of the drive has meant i've had to do some serious culling in order to ksp 1.4.1 dev heading in the right direction.

On 3/22/2018 at 1:11 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Normal service will be resumed ASAF (feasible)

Hi @SpannerMonkey(smce)! Really nice mod and I look forward to integrating it to my playthrough! I have an issue (?) to report though. :( I have experienced this really weird issue that I am currently investigating, but I thought I might as well post it here.

I recently installed SM_Marine & SM_Industries (0.9.7.6 BETA for KSP 1.3.1). Upon launching a rocket I usually launch, I noticed that the apoapsis I reached upon cutting off my first stage is significantly lower than usual. It's the same rocket (for contracts), that's why I'm pretty sure there should be no change. I thought that a mod might have caused this, and the most recent one I installed is SM Marine. So I quit KSP, removed SM Marine and SM Industries from GameData, restarted KSP and launched the same rocket. When my first stage ran out of fuel, my apoapsis is the same as usual.

I thought that that was a really really weird issue. I tried replicating the same issue using a clean KSP install. I have a backup of KSP before installing any mods, so I thought of testing there. I launched it, created a new rocket, launched it, took note of the apoapsis, current altitude and velocity around the time the first stage ran out of fuel. I then quit KSP, installed SM Marine and SM Industries, then restarted KSP. I launched the same rocket and took note of the same things. As I expected, there were no major differences, the apoapsis, altitude and velocity were the same.

So I tried testing back on my current modded game. I did the same thing: before installing SM Marine, I launched a rocket and took note of its apoapsis, altitude and velocity. I then quit KSP, reinstalled SM Marine, restarted KSP, launched the same rocket and took note of the current status. Still no change; upon reinstall of SM Marine, the rocket's engine seem to have weakened (around 3/4 I guess).

At this moment, I have concluded that SM Marine + some other mod is causing the issue. The next obvious step is to figure out which mod that is. But since I have a lot of mods installed, I thought that this will take a lot of time. So while I am investigating, I thought I'd post my experience here to see if someone else have experienced the issue I'm having. I thought of scanning the thread to see if this was already posted, but at 16 pages, this would take quite some time, and quick searches didn't yield relevant results.

I will be posting all the mods I have installed once I get home from work.

@Violet_Wyvern That's so nice! :) Are all of those built using only SM Marine? 

Edit:

On 1/31/2018 at 4:10 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

known issues list

Is my issue in your known issues list? Is it publicly accessible?

Edited by johnkeale

11 minutes ago, johnkeale said:

I have experienced this really weird issue that I am currently investigating, but I thought I might as well post it here.

HI, that is right at the upper end of weird, and also the first report of anything remotely like an interference.  There are no patches that touch anything but SMI parts , the only code present is the category creation  and the paint tool. Those aside all it is is a huge pile of parts, it's tested in a wide variety of set ups of KSP by the test group,  so we find a lot of weirdness even before it gets anywhere near you guys, and they'd be the first to pull me up about any kind of engine interference or drop  in performance .

It is a matter of concern, so thanks for carrying out your own investigation, I'd like to see a KSP.log from the most recent event you describe,  obviously it makes it easier on everybody if there's not a million patches being applied by a dozen mods , as that is almost an all bets are off situation :)  So while i sincerely hope it's not me and that build , as things have moved on apace since then and the ramifications of an unsolvable weirdness i do not wish to entertain..

Re the  lovely looking ships by violet wyvern, I'd say 90% ish of the ships are SMI parts, and the weapons appear to be mostly NAS , though in SM Armory you'll find a good smattering of similar weapons, usually made around the time i make the hulls.

11 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI, that is right at the upper end of weird

I know right?

12 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

we find a lot of weirdness even before it gets anywhere near you guys, and they'd be the first to pull me up about any kind of engine interference or drop  in performance .

Thanks for all the hard work! :)

13 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I'd like to see a KSP.log from the most recent event you describe,  obviously it makes it easier on everybody if there's not a million patches being applied by a dozen mods , as that is almost an all bets are off situation :)  So while i sincerely hope it's not me and that build , as things have moved on apace since then and the ramifications of an unsolvable weirdness i do not wish to entertain..

I really think that it is not SM Marine, since I was not able to replicate the issue on clean install. Since it is the one that triggered it though, I thought it might be relevant posting it here. I will be doing the trial and error of checking combinations of mods, and it might take until weekend, but when I do find it, I'll be posting an update here, including some logs (and probably screenshots too). I'll just leave my post here in case someone else might have had the same experience.

16 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Re the  lovely looking ships by violet wyvern, I'd say 90% ish of the ships are SMI parts, and the weapons appear to be mostly NAS , though in SM Armory you'll find a good smattering of similar weapons, usually made around the time i make the hulls.

I'm so looking forward to integrating SM Marine to my playthrough! :) I just hope I can recreate ships I want, or just design my own. Either way's gonna be loads of fun. :D