[1.4.X] SM Marine, Version 0.9.9.3 KSP xx PSA important

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kdoge20 said:

i have 1.1.2 ksp but those mod are 1.1.3 will work in 1.1.3?

Hi, why 1.1.2? anyway all updates to this point will work with no issues right back to 1.0.5  .  Following the update for 1.2 this versatility will diminish slightly as certain features have been changed specifically  for KSP1.2

On 13/10/2016 at 4:09 PM, colmo said:

Beautiful work, @SpannerMonkey(smce). Do I spy a static object in the last pic of the little tug?

Cheers, I did intend to invite you to the tester group convo, somehow messed it up, the statics are available to testers only at this point, I'll send you an invite

Hi all SM Marine for 1.2 is now available on SpaceDock  Includes ALL the parts seen in recent screenshots and a good few more . 

The tug parts include two grabber based modules in pushbar and truck tire format, these will latch on to another vessel to enable the tug to push or pull it . While small the tug is quite powerful, the drive unit is specifically for the tug, you could of course fit it anywhere but it's not a sportster drive by any stretch .

Below can be seen the complete  tug all the parts for which are contained within SM Marine.  The RC1 river patrol craft ( second craft from the bottom)  also a complete set of parts. Third  craft  is the PT boat hull much slimmer and very reminiscent of Torpedo boats of old.  In the foreground is the small type 8 hull, while not having the removable decks of the larger version it still features the drop down stern door with access to a large internal space. The bridge fitted was designed for purpose it's not a larger scaled down.

Please note, all weapons used on ships in screenshots come exclusively  from Boomsticks and large structural elements from the Large Boat Part mod

ok8gqTp.png

jbWjL3l.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

16 minutes ago, debitfett said:

Is it normal for kracken strikes on small boats whith landing gear to get them to the ocean?

If not, can some one tell me why.

HI,  cant say I've ever launched a boat that way , i don't think it's even been tested. no not tested that . sorry . I will say of all the options you could chose that landing gear is probably the least suitable, I can understand why  you choose LG over wheels, you can't retract wheels :)  Do try the mods suggested below as they improve the whole experience immeasurably . and in the case of vessel mover I'd consider it essential

i use exclusively vessel mover.  or KerbalKonstructs and they are the  recommended ways to launch any ship, as it's much safer and more reliable.  I do extensively use vessel mover and it's an invaluable aid to using ship/boats   You can also use Hyper edit but i have no experience using HE that way so can't offer advice.    I'd think it a bad idea to try launching the larger hulls on wheels as it would likely destroy the runway before reaching the end

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

18 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI,  cant say I've ever launched a boat that way , i don't think it's even been tested. no not tested that . sorry . I will say of all the options you could chose that landing gear is probably the least suitable, I can understand why  you choose LG over wheels, you can't retract wheels :)  Do try the mods suggested below as they improve the whole experience immeasurably . and in the case of vessel mover I'd consider it essential

i use exclusively vessel mover.  or KerbalKonstructs and they are the  recommended ways to launch any ship, as it's much safer and more reliable.  I do extensively use vessel mover and it's an invaluable aid to using ship/boats   You can also use Hyper edit but i have no experience using HE that way so can't offer advice.    I'd think it a bad idea to try launching the larger hulls on wheels as it would likely destroy the runway before reaching the end

I would not lanch a big ship this way, i was only lanching one of the small hulls and it just kept geting krackened, not just the LG the engins came off too and it just freaked out every time.

Edited by debitfett

31 minutes ago, debitfett said:

I would not lanch a big ship this way, i was only lanching one of the small hulls and it just kept geting krackened, not just the LG the engins came off too and it just freaked out every time.

Hey, I'll have to run some tests myself although i doubt it's anything i can fix through this mod and  I'll have to see if i can find a non plugin way to launch .  And that proves  that after nearly 3 months of building, testing and refining you can't test for every eventuality , and the best test is always release.   I'll have to think about some amphibious craft too.

12 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hey, I'll have to run some tests myself although i doubt it's anything i can fix through this mod and  I'll have to see if i can find a non plugin way to launch .  And that proves  that after nearly 3 months of building, testing and refining you can't test for every eventuality , and the best test is always release.   I'll have to think about some amphibious craft too.

Thats fine. Ill just try to drop it from a plane.:D

1 hour ago, debitfett said:

Shure thing.

Hi, i did it myself, and yes it does work but...

Spoiler

cofOeKT.png

WMXRmX7.png

10RPOqk.png

WyQroFB.png

bE8x4yO.png

The BUT is that scaling the hulls down does not work at all well, they end up weighing a lot more than can realistically be supported by the hull, i did think that these would be a small as anyone would like to go,but to drop out of an aircraft cargo bay,  the hull needs to be either scaled up or it's default size, this does mean a new smaller air transportable hull is needed or much bigger aircraft than the one shown in the screenshots.  So upon hitting the water it sinks like a stone, which is why the last screenshot is at 12 meters, the next shot was of a strangely shaped submarine :)  

23 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, i did it myself, and yes it does work but...

Hide contents

cofOeKT.png

WMXRmX7.png

10RPOqk.png

WyQroFB.png

bE8x4yO.png

The BUT is that scaling the hulls down does not work at all well, they end up weighing a lot more than can realistically be supported by the hull, i did think that these would be a small as anyone would like to go,but to drop out of an aircraft cargo bay,  the hull needs to be either scaled up or it's default size, this does mean a new smaller air transportable hull is needed or much bigger aircraft than the one shown in the screenshots.  So upon hitting the water it sinks like a stone, which is why the last screenshot is at 12 meters, the next shot was of a strangely shaped submarine :)  

I do know of a way to lanch a ship from a plane, it uses a unconventinal style of plane. (oh, and i found out why the kracken attacked, it dose not like having any balest in the hull what so ever.

Quick question, what mods did you use for the docks?

If im making ships instead of B9 space ships, i need to be able to lanch them consistantly.

Note: vesel mover dose not like me and thus dose not work, and kerbal constructs dose not add in ports like the one pictured on page two.

Just now, debitfett said:

Quick question, what mods did you use for the docks?

If im making ships instead of B9 space ships, i need to be able to lanch them consistantly.

Note: vesel mover dose not like me and thus dose not work, and kerbal constructs dose not add in ports like the one pictured on page two.

Hi, they're a part of static parts mod  that Ive been making forever . you cannot launch from the port but there are nearby water spawns, at the moment only testers have them and now with KK being a bit broken they'll stay unreleased.

In the meantime if you have KK you can use the part below, to have a couple of pre placed water spawn points, just extract and place either in your GameData folder or the main KK folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx5duzrsq4f32sq/ChannelMarkerGreen.zip?dl=0

AHoUEC2.png

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, they're a part of static parts mod  that Ive been making forever . you cannot launch from the port but there are nearby water spawns, at the moment only testers have them and now with KK being a bit broken they'll stay unreleased.

In the meantime if you have KK you can use the part below, to have a couple of pre placed water spawn points, just extract and place either in your GameData folder or the main KK folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx5duzrsq4f32sq/ChannelMarkerGreen.zip?dl=0

AHoUEC2.png

Awww, thats a real shame, it looks realy awsome. I guese ill try to get vesel mover to work.