[1.4.X] SM Marine, Version 0.9.9.3 KSP xx PSA important

22 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) can you give me a quick tutorial on how to set up and then import multiple animations into unity for adding reverse thrust to parts? I keep only ending up with one animation in my imported model in Unity irregardless of how many I have in the model in blender.

I'll send you a pm

1 hour ago, Nightside said:

Thanks for the cool boats to play with!

One question:What does Airpark do in the context of this mod?

HI always good to have another happy customer.   Airpark in the context of this particular mod allows you to leave a vessel at any point, and more importantly provide protection against a vessel being launched into space any time any other vessel comes within physics range.  It will also allow you to have several vessels in a harbor at one time. each one except the active vessel being tagged as landed .    Using airpark will also allow kerbals and other vehicles to move about on the parked  vessel. without the usual kerbal ragdoll effect or simply being spat off as the vessel moves around. Vessels when Airparked are static and unmoving, and can be left like that ( as tested so far ) for at least 100 kerbin days without any issues

In the image below for example only the small vessel in the left foreground is active all others are Airparked and have been for some time

3ejvYQf.png?1

23 minutes ago, gomker said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) Are the Crew hatches still in Dev? When I try and use them it says the module is full and I cannot transfer crew from other command modules.

Yup i forgot to include and add the IVA part to the update, The IVA mind you is nothing more than a broom cupboard :) I've got some tweaks to make and will get the fix update out this week.

Also arriving is a new bridge, new catamaran hull (super stable) and frames to allow easier building of superstructures

0E2o5lP.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
piccy

@gomker that anchor actually was originally created for HL Airships embedded Airpark  and I've removed the HL Airpark module , although not updated the description, another thing to be sorted, With the Airpark containing exactly the same part albeit with a different name one of them has to go, As SM M has a proper ship anchor now, I usually just use the AIrpark DLL .

Enabling the feature again just takes the addition of

MODULE
	{
        	name = AirPark
    	}

to the anchor cfg

If only the Sinking About mod was updated by @kimiko He would surely add the sinking effects to this, its boring when the whole hull explodes instead of sinking ;.; If only there were robots that did stuff for us.

Edited by Murican_Jeb

1 hour ago, Murican_Jeb said:

If only the Sinking About mod was updated by @kimiko He would surely add the sinking effects to this, its boring when the whole hull explodes instead of sinking ;.; If only there were robots that did stuff for us.

Hi, working on it, not the robots, the sinking have messaged kimiko

On 28/07/2016 at 1:12 PM, Commander Jebidiah said:

SpannerMonkey where is that peir from?

Sorry not have have answered you before now. The pier is from a load of static (kerbal konstructs) parts I made and never released.  I'm seeing if i can assemble a decent harbor to the west of ksc with the parts i have  and I'll make the set up available here.

Spoiler

Uv7usFT.png

kbQwKUN.png

zxNo0TJ.png

rfq344N.png

@gomker et al.

I sorted the IVA for the crew hatch parts today , works really well. very happy indeed with IVA,  turned out to be a little more than a broom cupboard after all :)   and as it can be placed pretty much anywhere I've not added functional windows, but clicking on the laptop on the desk switches the view to an external camera placed above the door. Also tweaked some more of the new bridge IVA that may be bare at present but I think it'll come good

MYEhSyL.png

4QJDB5A.png

XpL3wwq.png

15 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, working on it, not the robots, the sinking have messaged kimiko

I don't think kimiko has time anymore, he didn't update his wildfire mod since April and "absolutely nothing in May" so it might be unlikely

Just now, Murican_Jeb said:

I don't think kimiko has time anymore, he didn't update his wildfire mod since April and "absolutely nothing in May" so it might be unlikely

Hi, didn't ask him to update, asked for  permission to recompile, fix if required (if i can understand whats broken) and poss make use of in this and LBP

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, didn't ask him to update, asked for  permission to recompile, fix if required (if i can understand whats broken) and poss make use of in this and LBP

Oh. Can you ask him if you could maybe recompile wildfire? you don't have to if i'm asking too much/ being annoying.

13 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Oh. Can you ask him if you could maybe recompile wildfire? you don't have to if i'm asking too much/ being annoying.

You want to try the smoke and flames on joint break plugin, it doesn't need the adding of modules etc to make it work.  I've just added some new terms to it to make it work better for ships. Under a new maintainer and again looking for a new home..

cs2GstA.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

7 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

You want to try the smoke and flames on joint break plugin, it doesn't need the adding of modules etc to make it work.  I've just added some new terms to it to make it work better for ships. Under a new maintainer and again looking for a new home..

cs2GstA.png

I already know this but wildfire has realistic flames and stuff. While this activates on joint brakes, wildfire activates when a part overheats... oh my gosh, all I have to do is combine these two and hope that DestructionFX gets more realistic flames...

22 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

I already know this but wildfire has realistic flames and stuff. While this activates on joint brakes, wildfire activates when a part overheats... oh my gosh, all I have to do is combine these two and hope that DestructionFX gets more realistic flames...

It does quite a bit more than that now, but what it really does and how it works  is a topic for that thread not this, however much i like what it does.

took a look at this on my channel, had a blast with it.  You've got some awesome parts in the mod (I especially loved crew quarters part, cool interior) and I can't wait to see how this moves forward.   Keep up the great work.

20 hours ago, Kottabos said:

took a look at this on my channel, had a blast with it.  You've got some awesome parts in the mod (I especially loved crew quarters part, cool interior) and I can't wait to see how this moves forward.   Keep up the great work.

Thanks for that review, great that you enjoy/ed  using SM Marine and even better  (for me) to get some feedback on the newer parts

17 hours ago, andreasblom said:

How did you get Kerbal City working in 1.13?

Hi, somebody, knowing my necromodding habits, mentioned that they'd really like to use it again, Once i found a copy it was the easiest wake up i've done for a while, simply a little tweak in the cfg's to bring them up to the current KK specs and launched it, it all works fine, it's sad that it's not a current mod as it's great looking.  It'd be a good candidate for revival if it wasn't ARR'd to the dozens of contributors, and i really dont fancy tracking each one down and asking for permission. I'll drop you a pm

On 8/6/2016 at 8:43 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, somebody, knowing my necromodding habits, mentioned that they'd really like to use it again, Once i found a copy it was the easiest wake up i've done for a while, simply a little tweak in the cfg's to bring them up to the current KK specs and launched it, it all works fine, it's sad that it's not a current mod as it's great looking.  It'd be a good candidate for revival if it wasn't ARR'd to the dozens of contributors, and i really dont fancy tracking each one down and asking for permission. I'll drop you a pm

Also interested.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, still no update ,but this next bit is worth waiting for and other things are afoot that need to brought to your attention.

Rather than writing the same thing twice I refer you to my recent post in The Large Boat Parts thread

Good eh, it does have another trick up it's sleeve as well but we are kicking that into life right now.

The next thing, as you know I maintain a few mods and have gained some infamy as a necromodder,  with this many things sort of related it seems to make sense to have some of these things that can work better together.  One of the most obvious things i have are the two marine mods, very different for very different players, but perhaps not,  I've taken to using SMM in conjunction with LBP to make some very cool ships and to serve as smaller pests, large "go fasts" kind of thing. There's a running snag though and that is the color schemes, they are very different , although slowly the LBP is getting more detail and noisy textures as work through and re texture them all , but the main grey color is unlikely to change,  mainly because it looks right on those ships.

I'm going to have a run at some texture swaps for SMM. (using firespitter texture switch that I'm finding interesting, ) so that the light grey will become the dark blue grey of the LBP, it would be nice to be able to swap, but if it's a hassle i may just switch out the textures until i find a neater way. So it's likely to look very different, I'll post pics of how it looks if i think it's going to work. So if you care do let me know what you thing of all the stuff.