[1.4.X] SM Marine, Version 0.9.9.3 KSP xx PSA important

On 10/29/2016 at 6:46 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, why 1.1.2? anyway all updates to this point will work with no issues right back to 1.0.5  .  Following the update for 1.2 this versatility will diminish slightly as certain features have been changed specifically  for KSP1.2

oops i mean 1.1.2

On 01/11/2016 at 4:34 PM, Cdodders said:

holy crud!! 

I take it that you like them then :)   not long now

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also as there is a new and pretty stable version of Kerbal Konstructs available I took the opportunity to update the water launch buoy with some extra locations, at north and south ice caps and the more interesting river mouths,  there are opportunities to visit places you may have never seen before from sea level, The rivers i particularly like. and i threw in a landlocked sea spawn, handy for science etc I'd imagine  https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx5duzrsq4f32sq/ChannelMarkerGreen.zip?dl=0

bTgCH5S.pngQcXYVPu.pngRsSRqRY.pngZLD5KW6.png4Nea3v8.pngeiILgU6.pngH5njRkp.pngTH79WIG.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
more locations

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Am I missing something? Where do those docks and the ones on the Kerbal Konstructs page come from?

31 minutes ago, Roxor said:

I would also like to know this

Hi neither of you are missing anything,  all the static models are  a part of a large (50ish parts) collection of statics I've made and am still making to enliven my versions of KSP.  They aren't, and never have been, made available for download, two main reasons, i really don't want to have to maintain another thread (it's the part of the whole modding thing i least enjoy)  which is also why the water launch buoy is just linked here and in LBP,  and secondly because although i let my testers have them, i don't have to meet any user requirements, deal with any bug reports or complaints that part A should be more like X.   i add new parts, take parts away and modify parts without having to worry if user Z will moan because the texture isn't absolutely perfect. no download = no users = no hassle.  I do get a lot of questions about them though , this thread has a few, but as yet nobody's been able to convince me that releasing them would be a good thing .   Sorry guys :)

12 hours ago, Piaras said:

What if you were to release them to a cloud service with a nice big "NO SUPPORT" disclaimer?

Hi that's the best suggestion so far and something I'll definitely consider, though it gives the impression that i don't care about them and that couldn't be further from the truth, so maybe enough support to keep them trouble free ( mind you after all this time there are no issues) but that's it, certainly no dedicated thread.

How about a periodic "as is" release?  Perhaps, once per version change?  That way people can taste the different flavors as your tastes evolve, as you said, you're always removing and adding.  It could be something of a "special" release.  That way you can still show that you do in fact care for your art, because after all you did put a lot of effort into these, undoubtedly.

I think you could do something like that without too much effort.  Let it be clear in the initial OP of how *you* want to maintain the project.  But ultimately the choice is still yours.

Edit: Also, idea, so that you do not need a dedicated thread.  You could just have a link to your latest release in your Signature. Possibly just a link in the OP of this thread.  Anyway, just ideas.  Good luck.

Edited by Piaras
Last minute thought.

Hi, all. just a quick note about the channel marker buoy spawn point , featured a couple of posts up.  If you've already downloaded it,  it will pay from time to time to update it,  I'm adding a least a couple of new positions every week at the moment, currently there are 14 locations, usually within reach of other Kerbal Konstructs placed bases etc. Four new locations today, Hanbert Cape harbor and South Point harbor, used quite often in circumnavigations. And TWO locations on Laythe.    If there's anywhere in particular that you'd like a water spawn let me know with some notes on the location, so it ends up in the right place :)

D5owK83.pngBhUZdlC.pngTH79WIG.pngH5njRkp.png

On 11/11/2016 at 3:18 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi neither of you are missing anything,  all the static models are  a part of a large (50ish parts) collection of statics I've made and am still making to enliven my versions of KSP.  They aren't, and never have been, made available for download, two main reasons, i really don't want to have to maintain another thread (it's the part of the whole modding thing i least enjoy)  which is also why the water launch buoy is just linked here and in LBP,  and secondly because although i let my testers have them, i don't have to meet any user requirements, deal with any bug reports or complaints that part A should be more like X.   i add new parts, take parts away and modify parts without having to worry if user Z will moan because the texture isn't absolutely perfect. no download = no users = no hassle.  I do get a lot of questions about them though , this thread has a few, but as yet nobody's been able to convince me that releasing them would be a good thing .   Sorry guys :)

Throw them into a dropbox account or whatever that says no support and put a link in the OP with a no support disclaimer, if people want them they can get them, if not then they dont have to.

@Z3R0_0NL1N3 @Roxor @Piaras @TMasterson5 and everybody else that has asked.  I give in I'm being asked far too often, getting PM's daily from people wanting them to not make the Harbors piers and all that goes with it available for download..  SO this is it the announcement you can now get the Harbor parts and piers and all the other items that go to make KSP a more interesting less barren place.  You will of course need to have Kerbal Konstructs installed. There are several locations with prebuilt harbors around Kerbin and 1 on Laythe.  There's lots of stuff in the pack so if you don't want it all just delete it, that said I've used most parts for the harbors. so if you do delete the parts you will have much less interesting or picturesque places to visit.

SM Statics Harbors piers and marine facilities

Note this pack also includes the water spawn buoy, currently it is zipped up, if you have already used the standalone water spawn, you can simply delete the existing version , unzip the one in the pack and all the water spawn points will be available ( the standalone version is actually the same part  simply removed from the pack)  or leave the one in the pack zipped and use the standalone, your choice

Please note that this is not the support thread for the statics, in fact there is no support intended or inferred. If you have any questions or requests i would be happy to get them via pm marked "Re Statics"   , i have  no intention or wish to start a thread or have this thread full of static discussions and will likely simply ignore any such comments

Examples of current Harbors below, this is not all of them BTW and I'm not saying where they all are, so you can see how many you can find,  bear in mind though that like the water spawn buoy I will keep adding and updating the facilities, so you may never visit or find them all :)  

KSC new harbor

QPbdsVd.png

Cape Hanbert

xiXfGPN.png

South Point

9dpofxJ.png

KSC Old Pier

x1wcVo4.png

oJJh1gb.png

As with all my Mods SM Static is only available under the conditions of ARR (All rights reserved)

10 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@Z3R0_0NL1N3 @Roxor @Piaras @TMasterson5 and everybody else that has asked.  I give in I'm being asked far too often, getting PM's daily from people wanting them to not make the Harbors piers and all that goes with it available for download..  SO this is it the announcement you can now get the Harbor parts and piers and all the other items that go to make KSP a more interesting less barren place.  You will of course need to have Kerbal Konstructs installed. There are several locations with prebuilt harbors around Kerbin and 1 on Laythe.  There's lots of stuff in the pack so if you don't want it all just delete it, that said I've used most parts for the harbors. so if you do delete the parts you will have much less interesting or picturesque places to visit.

Note this pack also includes the water spawn buoy, currently it is zipped up, if you have already used the standalone water spawn, you can simply delete the existing version , unzip the one in the pack and all the water spawn points will be available ( the standalone version is actually the same part  simply removed from the pack)  or leave the one in the pack zipped and use the standalone, your choice

Please note that this is not the support thread for the statics, in fact there is no support intended or inferred. If you have any questions or requests i would be happy to get them via pm marked "Re Statics"   , i have  no intention or wish to start a thread or have this thread full of static discussions and will likely simply ignore any such comments

Examples of current Harbors below, this is not all of them BTW and I'm not saying where they all are, so you can see how many you can find,  bear in mind though that like the water spawn buoy I will keep adding and updating the facilities, so you may never visit or find them all :)  

As with all my Mods SM Static is only available under the conditions of ARR (All rights reserved)

Thank you so much for doing this for the community :D

Edited by Roxor
Removed duplicated pics

21 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

Throw them into a dropbox account or whatever that says no support and put a link in the OP with a no support disclaimer, if people want them they can get them, if not then they dont have to.

Instead of linking in the OP... Just create a new thread under a sock puppet account, add link and "NO SUPPORT"...
Then you can completely ignore the thread and any replies, and only update the link in the OP as needed... OR, use a generic link that will never change... Then you will never have to visit the thread again :P

And THANK YOU very much for releasing them :thumbs_up:

Edited by Stone Blue

18 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

youre a saint

17 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Instead of linking in the OP... Just create a new thread under a sock puppet account, add link and "NO SUPPORT"...
Then you can completely ignore the thread and any replies, and only update the link in the OP as needed... OR, use a generic link that will never change... Then you will never have to visit the thread again :P

Having more than 1 account is against the rules of the forum and I'm not sure if it's appropriate to suggest that someone create a dummy account, especially since many forum goers would know that the mod is coming from @SpannerMonkey(smce)

Just my worthless 2 cents .....

Sooo, we finaly get the docks...

WOHO!, No more wheels/ landing gear/ planes to get my ships to the water!

7 minutes ago, debitfett said:

Sooo, we finaly get the docks...

WOHO!, No more wheels/ landing gear/ planes to get my ships to the water!

I cellabrated too early.

I have no idea how to use Kerbin side.

On 20/11/2016 at 3:14 AM, debitfett said:

I have no idea how to use Kerbin side.

Hi All you have to do is install the latest kerbal konstructs.  Once installed the docks etc will appear, there is no need to install any of KerbinSide to use the statics in the pack

8 minutes ago, Wolfair corp. said:

Could you make an Optical landing system ?

Hi i could though it wouldn't be functional but @flywlyx  has said that he'd be adding a working one to the carrier accessories mod that i know you know about :)