[1.4.X] SM Marine, Version 0.9.9.3 KSP xx PSA important

14 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, the thing is , it's intended behavior not a bug, when BDA was created I doubt it was envisaged that the mods powered by it would massively outsize BDA, it was a big mod in it's day.  The trouble being , is that in changing it to only list BDA parts  in the BDA category ,  forces new weapon mods to either create their own category, something that pure part modders will have trouble with, or put up with having their parts listed in Utility or some other universal category .

I think the best course of action would be to make a separate category for BDArmory Addons and put mod parts there rather than in the same category as BDArmory.

Also, the bridges in your mod confuse me. I have trouble placing them in a way that doesn't look ugly. Are there any .craft files of J-class ships so I can learn how to make them properly?
I really love how you made the steam turbines though. When I played your mod on 1.2.2, it had a couple of engines that generated liquid fuel out of nothing for whatever reason. I still don't get why you did that, and I'm glad they're no longer there. :)

On 5/15/2018 at 10:29 AM, AtomicBlastPony said:

Also, the bridges in your mod confuse me. I have trouble placing them in a way that doesn't look ugly. Are there any .craft files of J-class ships so I can learn how to make them properly?

Hi , there's not really any craft files for many things, I've never seen two J class that are the same, however most do bear some resemblance to various classes of WW2 destroyer, although they're quite happy to be other things as well.  I generally don't craft share as my craft don't share well. they're usually full of index errors from frequent patch adjustments , i tend to use exclusively my mods to build them, and the big issue in the past has been the amount of parts i have that are not going to be released ever , these have sneaked on to many uploads and been quite troublesome.
I can however supply bare versions of hulls just the hull and decks were applicable,  and bare ship builds, for those with defined superstructures without too much trouble.  The best suggestion is search out images, particularly as the J hull is popular it's had a lot of craft built upon it, you may even find them on KerbalX .

Jclass bare hull and tanks https://www.dropbox.com/s/3edxclxwlkhez05/Jclass_Bare_Hull_with_Tanks.craft?dl=0

Landing ship basic build all decks fitted  https://www.dropbox.com/s/4zzcxp26lx6ozvv/Basic_LS_Hull_with_decks.craft?dl=0

Basic CK no weaps or engines  https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbg4kcfdmmfx4a1/CeeKay Basic 143 2018-1.craft?dl=0

I'll add some more basic builds to the OP, but  it's fair to say that building a decent J is not the easiest thing in the set, but it does look so cool when you get them right . The J really needs some more varied parts for the upper works, while you can build one using only SM parts , the part count tends to rocket up,  so using upper  chunks from LBP is the best option for many

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

On 5/15/2018 at 11:42 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

seems like u copied the wrong link for the landing ship

On 5/15/2018 at 7:42 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Thanks ^^

Where can I get the most up to date version of the SM_Industries because I have it and it is installed correctly for 1.4.3 but I still have a bunch of parts which have the strings showing instead of the proper information.

Also a link to the most recent version of large ship parts would be great too

7 hours ago, Warth_IX said:

most up to date version of the SM_Industries

I've added link to the first post and clearly indicated current version to be used.  Below is direct link for download
https://github.com/SpannerMonkey/SMIndustries/releases/download/v1.03/SM_Industries.for.KSP.1.4.x._280418-1.zip

7 hours ago, Warth_IX said:

most recent version of large ship parts

A link to the thread and a direct link to the most recent release of parts

https://github.com/SpannerMonkey/Large-Boat-Parts-/releases/download/V3.9.3-beta/Large.Boat.Parts.V3.9.3.BB2.zip

Do however read the post link posted as it contains important information regarding LBP.

6 hours ago, RocketChimp said:

Er... Not sure if it's just me having this issue, but ALL the items from this (and your other mods) are titled something like #autoloc_(numbers) and it's bugging me. Any answers?

Sounds like someone hasn't installed SM Industries. Its the required mod for any SM mod

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ironcladsix said:

Should there be hard point on the VLS cells for mounting missiles? I love the look but I don't actually have any ordnance.

Most of the VLS parts should have 1-3 nodes for mounting VLS launchable missiles using a rear node setup.

1 hour ago, Sebforce116 said:

So about the Marine Heavy IR Crane, what does it mean that in requires Infernal Robotics? BTW I have IR installed but the crane doesn't turn.

Hi as noted in the changelog, ALL of the robotic parts are broken. I have so far been unsuccessful in converting the dozens of parts to IR next spec

• 3 weeks later...

SM Marine KSP 1.4.X BDA 1.2.X Only

Version 0.9.9.3 KSP 14
Fix Sub part texture switch
Fix string error on certain part names
Fix missing texture patch on TB1
Reposition srf attach nodes on CK upper works

kmm87Hy.png223W7KQ.png

To prevent confusion , SM Industries is included and must also be installed for full function of all SM mods

New Full size marine mod incoming .............. watch this space

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LuciferZ25 said:

Any plan for something like kerbinside jobs? Maritime transport? 

Hi, for something this size it's no longer practical,  As it stands there are 320 individual cfgs  and a good many of those are combined cfgs with more than one part listed ,  a total of around 400 individual model files. SO adapting them all would not be a task I'd want to take on,  I've never given more than a passing thought to tech trees or career mode, as it's not something that interested me when it came out, as I'd already done all the space stuff (grand tour, colonies, sat networks out to jool  etc) or interests me now as nothing has changed.  I've always been able to find plenty of ways to burn 1000's  hours without preset goals.
  Kerbinside jobs  and other niche areas  are not even worth looking at as  it historically has a tiny usage, and to highlight this , you are only the second person to ask in over 4 years.
As for passenger transport until certain kerbal related issues are resolved  like boarding, disembarking , movement , movement while on craft and at least a dozen other things , I see little point. All the craft contained carry passengers or can, there are a couple of passenger modules with IVA's for that purpose, and right now that's plenty.

There are things in development that you may find interesting or challenging, but they are not even vaguely similar to anything previously experienced in KSP. ( having played KSP since 2012 i say this with confidence)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) pro tip: replace all the 0's at the end of the DropBox links for craft files with a 1 and the direct download will popup without ppl having to actually go to the DropBox site

I like going to the dropbox site as I often grab from my phone and need to save to my own dropbox.