Jump to content

[1.4.X] SM Marine, Version 0.9.9.3 KSP xx PSA important


Recommended Posts

WEIRD thing going on in 1.3.1... I can't get any of my ships to move! I know, it's not updated to 1.3.1, but Besides this weird bug, I have no other issues.

Everything seems fine with the mod, but no matter how much power I give the ships, they will not budge.

Thought maybe it was an engine thing... nope, I put massive jet engines on a small boat, and it would not move... then BOOM!! it took off in the air lol.

 

Edited by TheKurgan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi , thats disturbing and surprising as I'm currently running tests on my fleet  following the massive  Radar update, prior to releasing 1.3.1 beta and have no issue whatsoever all is working as before .

Pics of the ship?  launch method, missing outdated mods that may affect them?  KSP.log

As you'd guess I'm pretty much fully up dated on everything I use( unofficial when required) though I tested the ships with all the missing modules in a clean 1.3.1 and aside from the log spam due to a dozen missing modules ( eventually they'll all be patched in) and the PIA of launching ships to the runway all was fine. 

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't figure out which mod is causing it, BUT I do know it has to be one of my mods.

I made a copy of my game, and slimmed the mods down to :

Spoiler

rAlzIws.jpg

And it worked no problem, boat moved along perfectly.

Put all my other mods back in: 

Spoiler

SuQkHIT.jpg

And the boat will not move.... I'm stumped, I have been eliminating them one at a time... but omg I will be at it all evening :P

Pic of Boat:

It's only 8 parts... 4 of those are launch clamps:

Spoiler

MjPE7Bv.jpg

Mode used to launch - Vessel Mover (newest version.

Video of issue:

Spoiler

 

Logs:

Output_log.txt

KSP.log

If you can help me, it would be great, if not, I'll find it eventually... before I go to bed... in about 8 hours lol! :D 

Edited by TheKurgan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NKD B9partswitch NearFutureLaunchVehicles and  many others are showing as being incompatible with ksp 1.3.1 ( is FAR really updated already??? I doubt it and that meeses with the whole game including water|)   , some are loading properly some are not. 

Many of the mods you use I have never even installed and many of them are trying to do things with the craft you are trying to launch, why exactly do you need life support on a boat? .  Before going any further you should either clear out or update all those 1.3 mods . As you'll be getting nowhere fast, get binary break them down in chunks, break the chunks in chunks     , But really the easy way  just run whats updated and don't run whats not  :)

As it goes though there's nothing in there with my name on it, all seems fine

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm breaking it down now, and adding a few mods at a time to see which one is the culprit.

But have a look at the mods I was using when it worked fine, many of those are not 1.3.1 compatible either :wink:

Thanks though :)

I gots werk to do!!

Edited by TheKurgan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, the mystery continues. I added mods back a few at a time, and loaded the game each time, testing a boat that I had pre-launched and saved... and it never failed, it worked perfectly fine once I had ALL my mods COPIED back into the game data folder.

But hey, it's working. 

Baffled... but happy lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

But hey, it's working. 

Yay.

But weird, if it wasn't for the fact you've a million mods installed I'd be interested to find out why, but with so much going on, it's nigh on impossible to catch the right domino falling over.  Good luck  and i hope it lasts , at least until you've tried the Beta :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

you've a million mods installed I'd be interested to find out why,

It's been an evolution... I started slowly adding mods a long time ago, and you'd think it was out of control... but it isn't I use stuff from every single one of those mods. I slim down from time to time, I was over 150 mods installed at one point... I think there are about 130 actual mods installed right now. Game loading is long, but the game runs perfectly fine otherwise. 

I use exception detector, and except for a stray exception from scatterer, Kopernicus and once in a while from Infernal Robotics, my install runs "relatively" clean and smooth. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

perfectly fine otherwise. 

Spoiler

Hey, the why i was interested in is not the , million mods,  but the reason for the stuck ship.  Back before i discovered making mods was more fun than downloading them,  I ran  everything, mind you back then it simply wasn't possible to do the things you see done every day now.  Also you couldn't load that many as 32bit didn't get you far, and by the time the first 64 arrived I'd started modding. These days as space is something  my ships usually teleport through on the way to a Laythe water launch, I don't need that many mods, and there's the small issue of making things i want/need/am curious about/ before downloading something to do the the job

Congratulations:cool:, it seems that few are able to manage that feat, let alone get 1.3.1 working with 1 mod :lol:,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

the why i was interested in is not the , million mods,  but the reason for the stuck ship

oh... yeah... I knew what you meant lol :P (no i didnt)  Me too, It has me baffled, and I'm usually pretty keen on figuring these things out.

Edited by TheKurgan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, I seem to be having a bit of an issue. I've just installed this and I've been replicating the Type 45 as my first project to get familiarised with the part pack. But every time the ship gets into the water, it starts sinking by the stern. If I let the stern go under, the whole thing goes out of control, flying around capsizing. The last test ended with the hull catapulted into orbit and the superstructure breaking off and sinking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SiegDerMaus said:

Hello, I seem to be having a bit of an issue. I've just installed this and I've been replicating the Type 45 as my first project to get familiarised with the part pack. But every time the ship gets into the water, it starts sinking by the stern. If I let the stern go under, the whole thing goes out of control, flying around capsizing. The last test ended with the hull catapulted into orbit and the superstructure breaking off and sinking. 

HI, that sounds very much like you are scaling either the drives or the rudders,  while there is scaling allowed, i do not really recommend using it on drives in particular,  they are heavy to start with(because they are) and get very heavy very quickly when scaled.  Apart from looks there's nothing scaling of drives  improves, the drives might offer slightly better acceleration when larger,  they will not however get you going anymore than a couple of m/s faster .    Aside from that have no clue, as all my 1.3 45's loaded and launched fine in 1.3.1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI, that sounds very much like you are scaling either the drives or the rudders,  while there is scaling allowed, i do not really recommend using it on drives in particular,  they are heavy to start with(because they are) and get very heavy very quickly when scaled.  Apart from looks there's nothing scaling of drives  improves, the drives might offer slightly better acceleration when larger,  they will not however get you going anymore than a couple of m/s faster .    Aside from that have no clue, as all my 1.3 45's loaded and launched fine in 1.3.1.

Oh, thank you very much! I did manage to get it sorted with a lot of ballast tweaking, but I'll not scale the drives in future so I don't have to deal with that. Thanks again! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, SiegDerMaus said:

Oh, thank you very much! I did manage to get it sorted with a lot of ballast tweaking, but I'll not scale the drives in future so I don't have to deal with that. Thanks again! 

Thanks for letting me know how it went, perhaps i should simply make some much larger ones, as it's true when i started the mod I had no intention of making ships as big as they are now,  so yes i'll grant they are a little small.

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

tsgmmNM.png

SM_Marine 0.9.7.6 BETA for KSP 1.3.1

A large update adding 3 new ships (more really) , the Typhoon submarine, many many new parts .
This release Beta due to testing every possible combination of part has proved impossible in house.
Please use the issues facility to report any problems

https://github.com/SpannerMonkey/SM-Marine/issues

Requires 1 copy of SM_Industries (included) be installed
NOT installing the SM_Industries folder will mean that parts may not appear, strings will be nonsensical and mod performance will be reduced


Do note this is likely to be the last large update to SMM, at 100mb it needs to grow no more. . further updates will be concerned with enhancing the many items already contained in the mod. including the addition of some epic IVA's

https://github.com/SpannerMonkey/SM-Marine/releases/download/v0.9.7.6beta/SM_Marine.131.Beta.0.9.7.6.zip

1V1bN1K.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

not sure if i'm doing this right or not but some help would be appreciated..

i'm in career mode, trying to build a sub/typhoon and it's uncontrollable/there is no onboard crew? i've attached a few photos, in the hanger there is a spot where i can add 4 crew members, but then when i launch the ship the only crew i have is val in her little detachable pod, and the ship is no longer manned/controllable if/when i detach the pod..... not sure if this is because i tweakscaled it to about 10% or if i'm missing a part, or doing something wrong?

p.s. i tried launching it from the KSC dock from kerbin side, because i just found the water launch sites add on just now while looking thru this thread again to see if i'm missing something, so that's why it has wheels >////>;

https://imgur.com/a/VlcT5
Edited by Hs.Panda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hs.Panda said:

not sure if i'm doing this right or not but some help would be appreciated..

i'm in career mode, trying to build a sub/typhoon and it's uncontrollable/there is no onboard crew? i've attached a few photos, in the hanger there is a spot where i can add 4 crew members, but then when i launch the ship the only crew i have is val in her little detachable pod, and the ship is no longer manned/controllable if/when i detach the pod..... not sure if this is because i tweakscaled it to about 10% or if i'm missing a part, or doing something wrong?

p.s. i tried launching it from the KSC dock from kerbin side, because i just found the water launch sites add on just now while looking thru this thread again to see if i'm missing something, so that's why it has wheels >////>;

https://imgur.com/a/VlcT5

Those look like LBP sub parts which explains everything. Look for the SMM Typhoon/Oscar parts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hs.Panda said:

not sure if i'm doing this right or not but some help would be appreciated..

 

2 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Those look like LBP sub parts which explains everything

As my confederate mentions above you've built the sub using LBP  sub parts , these are NOT the same in anyway as the SMM Typhoon parts. The image below as well as being the default build ,  the state at which all balancing and tuning was done, contains all the part names from the editor

 

EE0F76c.pngFmzJ59D.png

 

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...