[Minimum KSP version - 1.11] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) v1.12

IgorZ

7 hours ago, Vorg said:

I heard welding is Konstruction is borke atm.

6 hours ago, Khalkion said:

In what way? I've used it couple weeks ago with no problems. Is it after the latest update?

I'm pretty sure it's just the compress-rotate function that isn't working right now. Last I tried, regular compressing (welding) in Konstruction works just fine.

To be fair, my understanding is that it isn't really that compress-rotate is broken per se, but that KSP doesn't like when entire vessels rotate non-trivial amounts in the span of only a frame or two.

"Compress Parts" without (Rotate) works fine for me so far. I like to use the snap settings which only make the ports dock at a preset angle. I personally combine it with MechJeb2 an the force Rotation  check set in docking autopilot. I'd recommend to check out the USI wiki pages for Konsruction.

Sorry , I have a weird problem: KAS works perfecly, but I noticed that one part is missing (even if I have it in my Gamedata/KAS folder)That part is "cPort1" , or the port you use to dock cables together in EVA.Tried uninstalling KAS and reinstalling it manually and with CKAN , problem is still here.Thank you

Edited by Mr. Sandman

3 hours ago, Mr. Sandman said:

Sorry , I have a weird problem: KAS works perfecly, but I noticed that one part is missing (even if I have it in my Gamedata/KAS folder)That part is "cPort1" , or the port you use to dock cables together in EVA.Tried uninstalling KAS and reinstalling it manually and with CKAN , problem is still here.Thank you

Are you playing a carrier game or the problem shows up in a sandbox? In carrier and science games you have to research the advFuelSystems tech and buy the part before you can use it.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sandman said:

Everything looks fine here.

Maybe something with MM?

I don't see any obvious problems in the setup. So it's probably something with the other mod. E.g. there can be an MM patch that moves the part into an unexpected category/filter. Try removing the MM temporarily. Of course, many mods will break (including KAS), but the parts will be loaded anyways, and they will be in their pristine condition. If it doesn't help, please, share the log file.

15 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

I don't see any obvious problems in the setup. So it's probably something with the other mod. E.g. there can be an MM patch that moves the part into an unexpected category/filter. Try removing the MM temporarily. Of course, many mods will break (including KAS), but the parts will be loaded anyways, and they will be in their pristine condition. If it doesn't help, please, share the log file.

Looks like there's something with MM.

J980ysZ.png

23 minutes ago, Mr. Sandman said:

Looks like there's something with MM.

More likely there is a mod in your setup which uses MM to tweak the parts categories. I'd not be surprised to find the port in some custom filter or category.

11 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

More likely there is a mod in your setup which uses MM to tweak the parts categories. I'd not be surprised to find the port in some custom filter or category.

I'm using Filter Extensions.It created automatically a custom category for KAS/KIS and put all the parts there.I'll try to play without it and see if it works.

8 hours ago, Mr. Sandman said:

Tried without filter extensions , the piece is still missing.Could it be RSS/RO?

Well, debugging the mod conflicts is always a pain. I wish I could help, but  I can only suggest the ways to move in :) What may help is reading the mods descriptions. If any of the mods states that it will "improve" the parts categories or appearances in the editor, then this is your candidate.

7 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Well, debugging the mod conflicts is always a pain. I wish I could help, but  I can only suggest the ways to move in :) What may help is reading the mods descriptions. If any of the mods states that it will "improve" the parts categories or appearances in the editor, then this is your candidate.

Thank you.I'll try to re-build the RSS/RO save , sort out each mod and find what mod is hiding the piece.Do you want a report of the mod (so no one makes my same mistake)?

15 hours ago, Mr. Sandman said:

Thank you.I'll try to re-build the RSS/RO save , sort out each mod and find what mod is hiding the piece.Do you want a report of the mod (so no one makes my same mistake)?

Sure, it would be good to know what has caused it.

5 minutes ago, ItsSeanBroleson said:

Real quick. I want to install an antenna on a station once I get it into space, but it's one of the larger ones at nearly 800 L. Can you attach parts over 300 L, because they don't fit in your inventory.

If your EVA kerbal is close enough to both the inventory container where the antenna is stored and the place you want it to be attached, then you can open the inventory on the storage container and drag the part directly to its final location. If the container and attachment location are not both in reach then you may have to step the part along attaching it to several intermediate points and moving the kerbal in between each.

Or with the improved velocity handling in the latest KIS you may be able to just drop it beside your kerbal, move the kerbal a little towards the goal, grab and drop again and repeat as needed.

6 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

If your EVA kerbal is close enough to both the inventory container where the antenna is stored and the place you want it to be attached, then you can open the inventory on the storage container and drag the part directly to its final location. If the container and attachment location are not both in reach then you may have to step the part along attaching it to several intermediate points and moving the kerbal in between each.

Or with the improved velocity handling in the latest KIS you may be able to just drop it beside your kerbal, move the kerbal a little towards the goal, grab and drop again and repeat as needed.

Tight, thanks for the help.

Is it normal that items I place with a Kerbal Engineer, in orbit, with a tool equipped onto a craft are invisible?
I'm trying to save a mission by placing some parachutes however, they appear in my staging list on the left, and I see a context menu with a line pointing to where I placed them, sadly no model of the chute.
Note: It's a realChute object, one of those configurable parachutes.

8 hours ago, RHodeidra said:

Is it normal that items I place with a Kerbal Engineer, in orbit, with a tool equipped onto a craft are invisible?
I'm trying to save a mission by placing some parachutes however, they appear in my staging list on the left, and I see a context menu with a line pointing to where I placed them, sadly no model of the chute.
Note: It's a realChute object, one of those configurable parachutes.

It's something with the part config, try asking the chute author. I'd suggest that the equip position coordinates are wrong.