[Minimum KSP version - 1.11] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) v1.12

IgorZ

2 hours ago, boomboomtime said:

I am using KSP version 1.6.1 and i installed KIA and KAS. KIS works but KAS does'nt attach to the hooks. It also wont let me use it in EVA. It would be great if you updated this mod to the current version, as there may be multiple people with the same, annoying issue. Glad to hear from you, great sir!

Have a great day.

You need to provide more specific information. Exactly which part are you having trouble with, "hooks" could mean a couple different parts?  If you read through the last couple pages has someone asked about the same part recently? Are they LEGACY parts?

From the first post in this thread:

Starting from KAS v1.0 a completely new branch of the mod is released. The changes are conceptual, so parts from v1.* are not compatible with v0.6.4. However, to not break the save games, the old v0.6.4 parts are included in the v1.0 release. These parts are renamed to have a "LEGACY" prefix - this is how you can check if you're using the old parts. The old parts are no more supported and are provided "as-is". No bugs will be fixed there, regardless to their severity. If you cannot use a legacy part due to a bug, then it means you should start using the new parts  Moreover, the old parts are provided only temporarily. The support will be completely discontinued on February 1st, 2019. Please, make sure your save games don't have the old parts after this date.

I know I haven't had any issues at all lately with the current KAS parts in 1.6 and I use it quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Tonka Crash said:

You need to provide more specific information. Exactly which part are you having trouble with, "hooks" could mean a couple different parts?  If you read through the last couple pages has someone asked about the same part recently? Are they LEGACY parts?

I know I haven't had any issues at all lately with the current KAS parts in 1.6 and I use it quite a bit.

pretty much every part. the hw-80 winch and the w-50 winch wont connect to the js-1 joint socket. i wish i could post a picture but when in EVA when i click on the released winch is un-selectable and just says focus camera. from another reply, SpaceY is just heavy lifting rockets. any link?

2 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

could you tell me how to attach the hooks to the js-1 joint socket? EVA doesnt work as i cant select it, and IVA doesnt work either, as its just the retract and lock.

31 minutes ago, boomboomtime said:

could you tell me how to attach the hooks to the js-1 joint socket? EVA doesnt work as i cant select it, and IVA doesnt work either, as its just the retract and lock.

The only thing I can think of is that you may not be close enough to the parts to trigger the menus. 

11 hours ago, overkill13 said:

Is there a nice way to attach solar panels to the side of my station and make them stick out straight?  I know I can adjust the angle before bolting it up, but trying to eyeball it can be tedious.

Easiest is probably to use the Superfluous Nodes mod and node-attach them, if there's a node nearby.  Otherwise - working in space by hand is never as exact as working in a full assembly shop.

This might be a bug:

So I had a plane with a [jr. docking port]-[jr. docking port]-[JS-1 socket] setup. 

I used the socket to connect a probe to it with a telescopic joint. 

When I undocked the docking port (socket still attached), flew away with the plane outside of 2.4km, then I landed next to it again I got this:

SDTxi00.png

Here is a clean save file where you can reproduce the issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/72c4a64ow5fr1r5/temp.zip?dl=0

3 hours ago, _TG_ said:

This might be a bug:

So I had a plane with a [jr. docking port]-[jr. docking port]-[JS-1 socket] setup. 

I used the socket to connect a probe to it with a telescopic joint. 

When I undocked the docking port (socket still attached), flew away with the plane outside of 2.4km, then I landed next to it again I got this:

Here is a clean save file where you can reproduce the issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/72c4a64ow5fr1r5/temp.zip?dl=0

It may be stock game bug, rather than KAS fault. Try the same with this mod:

While it is intended for scene load, it may help with your case too.

23 hours ago, _TG_ said:

It seems you connected the vessels in undocked mode (see TJ-1 part menu). This mode should be used with care since when the scene reloads, the vessels can move significantly relative to each other. As a result, the link may not be restored due to the constraints. In you example the docking port was placed too far from rover, so the length constraint was violated.

If I'm being ignorant then I do apologize, but is there plans for replacement harpoons and anchors?
I can't seem to find something like that which isn't legacy in the current version of the mod, and as I tend to specialize in things which have a habit of drifting around (Submarines, zepplins, other hovering things) then it would be quite useful for me to have a concurrent system to allow me to tether my vehicles to the ground.

Cheers for keeping things up and running

On 4/2/2019 at 5:18 PM, -DW-Solaris said:

If I'm being ignorant then I do apologize, but is there plans for replacement harpoons and anchors?

There are plans, but the parts will not be in the next version. For now, no ETA on when it can happen. I'm going to spend some time on KIS now.

On 4/2/2019 at 5:18 PM, -DW-Solaris said:

I tend to specialize in things which have a habit of drifting around (Submarines, zepplins, other hovering things)

When feasible, you can use regular winches to attach to a ground locked pylon. If not feasible (like for ships), then the legacy parts is your best bet, sorry.

1 hour ago, des54321 said:

hmm that's strange the latest version (1.1) i can find on CKAN or any of the download links on this thread says it only works on 1.5

No where does it say it "ONLY" works in 1.5. Most mods compiled for 1.4 or later work just fine in the latest versions of KSP.

2 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

No where does it say it "ONLY" works in 1.5. Most mods compiled for 1.4 or later work just fine in the latest versions of KSP.

I tried installing the latest version manually like a week ago and it gave me an error message about how it wouldn't work with my version of KSP. I'll try again now

3 hours ago, des54321 said:

I tried installing the latest version manually like a week ago and it gave me an error message about how it wouldn't work with my version of KSP. I'll try again now

As long as you don't use the legacy parts, it's safe to simply ignore this message. The legacy parts are known to not work good, but they are not supported and will be deprecated soon anyway. You can easily distinguish them by suffix "LEGACY" in the name.

I absolutely love the mod but I miss some of the legacy parts (but refuse to use them), any plans to make new electromagnets and hooks? I've seen people ask in old posts but haven't found any answers. All I'd really want is some way to attach things so I can do skycranes again! Konstruction's magnets are broken as heck and stock grabbers are wonky as hell, so I'd love a proper alternative.

Edited by Raccoon

ATTENTION to the legacy part users. READ THE RELEASE NOTES!!!

1.2 (Apr 8th, 2019):

• [Change] ATTENTION! The legacy parts are not provided in this version!!! Read Wiki for more details.
  • [Enhancement] Add French localization.
  • [Enhancement] Add Portuguese localization.
  • [Enhancement #260] Add a setting to control the couple state on link.
  • [Change] Major update to the basic renderer module to increase UX experience.
  • [Fix #236] Support action groups in winches.
  • [Fix #252] NRE when entering the vessel from EVA.
  • [Fix #255] KAS link throws when loading save file.
  • [Fix #258] Connectors break on entering the physics bubble.
  • [Fix #260] Add a setting to control the couple state on link.