IgorZ

[1.7.3] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) v1.4 - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH KSP 1.7.0

Recommended Posts

Upgraded to latest KAS 1 beta and got a message saying "No cport1 available, craft not loaded"

 

Seems to be like this:

KSP is 1.2.1.1604, KAS is 1.0.0.7.1

Cport1 is truly absent from the archive.

Edited by _Astra_
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03.11.2016 at 10:21 AM, poma said:

I can't get KAS winch to work. I've attached 2 vessels in docking mode but fuel transfer is still disabled http://imgur.com/a/xokk6. Electric charge transfer works. I've tried to do the same with pipe and it still doesn't work http://imgur.com/a/cnRMK. What can be wrong here?

This is explained in issue #189.

On 09.11.2016 at 3:42 AM, _Astra_ said:

Upgraded to latest KAS 1 beta and got a message saying "No cport1 available, craft not loaded"

Cport1 is truly absent from the archive.

KAS beta is not an upgrade to KAS 0.6.0. If you going to use old version together with the beta you must keep both versions. Note that KAS 1.0 lives in its own folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, _Astra_ said:

Oh, thanks.

Will cport1 be deprecated in future versions?

KAS 0.6.X will be deprecated once KAS 1.0 is fully implemented (see beta thread for the TBD features). That said, yes, cPort wil be deprecated as well as all other parts of the old KAS. Though, both old and new versions will be shipped in one package for a while. So if you plan your new career game feel free to use old KAS parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I have some problems using fuel transfer using KAS connectors with my mun base. I can transfer fuel inside each ship/base but not through the KAS connectors. I quickly tested in sandbox, and it worked as it used to (link the ships and then they are "docked" and transfer works). But with this specific ship and base, I cannot get the transfer buttons to appear. Although the output from the ISRU in the base can go in the rocket. Any ideas about what I did wrong?

The connectors are directly on the side of the parts I want to make the transfer fuel between.

http://tof.canardpc.com/view/fab6174b-0c9e-4b79-ab2a-cca747756712.jpg

http://tof.canardpc.com/view/7731229e-32ed-4a77-952a-561755ca81f7.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Clément said:

Hi,

I have some problems using fuel transfer using KAS connectors with my mun base. I can transfer fuel inside each ship/base but not through the KAS connectors...

 

There's no crossfeed between KAS connectors in the current version. You need to disable the "Resource Transfer Obeys Fuel Crossfeed" in the difficulty options for it to work. Gonna be fixed in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2016 at 5:28 PM, IgorZ said:

KAS 0.6.X will be deprecated once KAS 1.0 is fully implemented (see beta thread for the TBD features). That said, yes, cPort wil be deprecated as well as all other parts of the old KAS. Though, both old and new versions will be shipped in one package for a while. So if you plan your new career game feel free to use old KAS parts.

I've taken over the Kronal Vessel Viewer.  KVV looks for KASModulePort to know if KAS is installed or not, because it does things with that module.  What will be replacing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've taken over the Kronal Vessel Viewer.  KVV looks for KASModulePort to know if KAS is installed or not, because it does things with that module.  What will be replacing it?

Depends on what you do with the port. If you manipulate with link status then replacement will be ILinkSource interface. If you manipulate with winch status then it's not designed for now in KAS 1.0. It will likely be a new interface but no promises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok.  any eta? or, if you could ping me when the replacements are our, that would be good.

KVV shows vessels in an exploded view, it is aware of the KASModulePort and treats it as av explodeable part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok.  any eta? or, if you could ping me when the replacements are our, that would be good.

KVV shows vessels in an exploded view, it is aware of the KASModulePort and treats it as av explodeable part

No ETA for now. Though, you may track KAS 1.0 thread. Once it's out of Beta the API will be stable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are people managing winches with the new autostrut feature? For me, any time I attach a winch to something with landing gear it seems the autostrut locked thing makes it a completely fixed connection and I can't retract the winch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Booots said:

How are people managing winches with the new autostrut feature? For me, any time I attach a winch to something with landing gear it seems the autostrut locked thing makes it a completely fixed connection and I can't retract the winch.

There is an issue pending. Does the workaround work for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar thing is also with IR mod.

Only proper soultion could be if it is possible to turn off autostruts on wheels or even better solution could be if parts can get additional flag in config files

Something like:

AutostrutBan = true

It will need additional plugin or complete KSP version update, to be able to change autostrut behaviour trough KSP API. From SQUAD side they will need to expose access to wheel behaviour trough API or re-write core code for it. I'm not familiar what is possible to change and what not trough plugin.

Might be good to raise issue on KSP bug tracker for it / feature requeas if someone didn't already done that.

Until then solution is only to not have landing gears/legs on craft or keep some more heavy item between landing gear and IR/KAS moving parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot seem to pick up parts and carry them from one ship to the other. For instance I am trying to upgrade a module for Cacteye telescopes and need to move the new one from the supply ship to the telescope. When I go up to the module with an engineer it doesn't show the pickup option? am I being thick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wierdalien said:

I cannot seem to pick up parts and carry them from one ship to the other. For instance I am trying to upgrade a module for Cacteye telescopes and need to move the new one from the supply ship to the telescope. When I go up to the module with an engineer it doesn't show the pickup option? am I being thick?

KAS doesn't handle the moving of parts anymore. You need KIS to do that. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have a tool equipped on an engineer?

Proper procedure

  • press and hold g key
  • Left click and hold on part to be moved 
  • drag part and release mouse button 
  • place part in desired location 
  • hold H key and left click 

here is the link to the user guide 

User Guide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

def having issues while attaching winch to an IR hinge.  With a plugged in grapple, the hinge can not alter the position.  This is just an fyi supporting other well explained reports.

 

Quick update: Uninstalled KJR and the problem is fixed.  Seems KJR and several other movable parts mods have issues with KJR.

Edited by ArkaelDren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArkaelDren said:

def having issues while attaching winch to an IR hinge.  With a plugged in grapple, the hinge can not alter the position.  This is just an fyi supporting other well explained reports.

 

Quick update: Uninstalled KJR and the problem is fixed.  Seems KJR and several other movable parts mods have issues with KJR.

Open config.xml file nested in KJR\PluginData folder and change value for multipart reinforcment attach to zero. Shopuld look like this:

<bool name="multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement">0</bool>

This solves issues between KJR KAS, IR and similar mod that have moving parts/animations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I've been trying out this mod and I'm having a crash to desktop. I have built a space station and was planning to exchange fuel between its attached ships. After docking, I set up and linked CC-R2 ports in EVA, then successfully transferred fuel. However, after I unlink the CC-R2, either immediately or upon returning or switching to the space station, the game crashes.

Here is a screenshot of the configuration and a crash log and the save file:

http://imgur.com/a/AJMLK
https://zerobin.net/?95c2c49b22aff465#zca3WhrKIAAvNyaaTwr9XPvsMJgA4bByB1cUvzDIYpE=
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=96119285076492544190

Can you help me with this problem?

EDIT: After playing with it some more, the crash doesn't seem to happen if I undock the ship before unlinking the CC-R2.

Edited by Mjonir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the ship is docked you shouldn't need the pipes anyway. They are meant more for refueling landers that can't easily use a standard docking port. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

If the ship is docked you shouldn't need the pipes anyway. They are meant more for refueling landers that can't easily use a standard docking port. 

Actually, I was playing with "Ressource Transfer Obeys Crossfeed Rules" on for realism, which prevented me from doing so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.