[Minimum KSP version - 1.11] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) v1.12

IgorZ

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

KIS items don't give science.

I figured it out. You click on the golf club while the kerbal is holding it.

Gives you "Fore" science. Use golf score card.

If the KAS/KIS mod doesn't do it by default, then it was added by Probes Plus or DMagic Science Animation.

It shows up on the XScience mod that list's science for each location when I had the golf club in my inventory.

I just couldn't figure out how to "use" the golf club.

I tried pressing x and h....(actually I eventually tried all the keys) while the club was equipped and unequipped, but nothing seemed to work.

Then I clicked on the actual club while the Kerbal was holding it.....that is what worked.

However at one point I got overzealous and tried to equip the golf club while holding onto the side of the spitfire cockpit from the Deep Sky mod.....doing this caused my Kerbal to slowly start floating into the air uncontrollably even though I was on Kerbin and not in space.

This basically broke my save. When I reverted flight and launched my yellow work truck a second time it was floating in blackness and Kerbin the planet was missing. 

I closed and reopened the game, and upon trying to reload my persistent save the game crashed.

I had to rename a backup persistent save file to my default persistent save file to get my game to work again....

6 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

If the KAS/KIS mod doesn't do it by default, then it was added by Probes Plus or DMagic Science Animation.

Never used or heard about any of these mods. I'd try posting the report on the forum specifically for these mods. The troubles you describe don't seem related to KIS. More likely it's a mods conflict issue.

14 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

I had to rename a backup persistent save file to my default persistent save file to get my game to work again....

Try this backup mod.  It has saved my posterior career game several times.  There are others of similar intent out there.

8 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Never used or heard about any of these mods. I'd try posting the report on the forum specifically for these mods. The troubles you describe don't seem related to KIS. More likely it's a mods conflict issue.

You never heard of Probes Plus or @akron?

Or @DMagic?

Well, they add a lot of stuff....especially science. There is a link for X-science on Dmagic's post....

I'm trying to test my base on Kerbin, but things keep blowing up when using the CC-R2 connector port:

• I landed a rocket without a CC-R2 and wanted to mount one on it for refueling - landing legs blow up, but fortunately the rocket lands on its engine and doesn't tip over
  • I link the CC-R2 to another on on a rover - throws the rover up in the air. Depending on how lucky I am, the force either tips over the rocket, or the rover comes back down and parts of it blow up

I thought maybe Kerbal Joint Reinforcements is to blame, but uninstalling it didn't help :(

49 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

I'm trying to test my base on Kerbin, but things keep blowing up when using the CC-R2 connector port:

• I landed a rocket without a CC-R2 and wanted to mount one on it for refueling - landing legs blow up, but fortunately the rocket lands on its engine and doesn't tip over
  • I link the CC-R2 to another on on a rover - throws the rover up in the air. Depending on how lucky I am, the force either tips over the rocket, or the rover comes back down and parts of it blow up

I thought maybe Kerbal Joint Reinforcements is to blame, but uninstalling it didn't help :(

This kind of issues is well known to the old KAS. There can be anything that triggers it. From a mod conflict to pure luck (or better say, "unluck"). Try using RTS-1 part from the KAS 1.0 Beta, it was designed specifically to avoid this kind of issues.

2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

This kind of issues is well known to the old KAS. There can be anything that triggers it. From a mod conflict to pure luck (or better say, "unluck"). Try using RTS-1 part from the KAS 1.0 Beta, it was designed specifically to avoid this kind of issues.

Oh, didn't know about that one. Will try it, thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, LuciferZ25 said:

Hey ....I'm getting mono.dll error despite of updated KAS. But it runs fine on the old version. Can u plz look into it? I've a lot of mods . 8000+patches. But starts fine if I delete KAS

Please, provide the logs.

On 7/19/2018 at 11:46 PM, LuciferZ25 said:

Thanks for the reply igor. I found a workaround after a clean install. I'll post the logs if the events repeat. I actually forgot to save them:sticktongue: 

Can you share what you did here? I'm having the same issue.

I did a clean install of ckan & all mods after encountering a bug where I can't stack items anymore (portable struts, connectors) but the clean install didn't fix it. I've got both KAS & KIS via ckan. Any tips? 

Investigating previous instances I found on the web it seems to be modulemanager that messes it up. It's weird cause I had KAS, KIS & Module Manager installed manually, but after switching to CKAN after my clean install stuff stopped stacking. 

Edited by Morbanth

I don't think so. I'm on version 1.4.1 since most mods seem to work on that. Should I try removing all except KIS & KAS? Is there a way to export the modlist?

Edit: Wait, I did! Configurable Containers by Allista, but removing it did not fix the issue.

Edited by Morbanth

No, but the Hangar mod seems to add it, at least it seems to have scaleable stuff. Disabling it didn't help, also a mod I didn't have before. -_- Is there a way to extract a modlist from a savefile? That would let me compare. 

Edited by Morbanth

3 hours ago, Morbanth said:

Is there a way to export the modlist?

From CKAN?  Yes, File > Export installed mods... and then select the appropriate format, depending on what you want to do.  If you want to re-install them later, all else being equal, then keep the default *.ckan format.

Select .txt or .csv if you just want a mods list.

8 hours ago, Morbanth said:

I meant from my previous saves, so I could look at what I have activated in it. 

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're getting at, but I can think of two possibilities.

If you mean that you have a previous version of KSP from which you want to export the mod list, then start CKAN, add a new game to it (File > Select KSP install.. and add the path to your buildID64.txt file) and then export.

If you mean an older save of your current game, then no, not unless you've saved a copy of the output_log file when you ran KSP for that save.

3 hours ago, Brigadier said:

If you mean an older save of your current game, then no, not unless you've saved a copy of the output_log file when you ran KSP for that save.

Blast, I don't think I did. Thanks anyway! I'll do it the old way and disable everything bit by bit to see what mod it is... these loading screen tips are gonna kill me.

Edit: Found it! It was action groups extended! Removing it restores the stackability. Imma send a message to Linux.

Edited by Morbanth
more info