[Minimum KSP version - 1.11] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) v1.12

IgorZ

14 hours ago, IgorZ said:

People, does anyone have issues with KAS v1.4 on KSP 1.8? I need a proven case with the repo steps + video. Please, ensure there are no other mods in your system (the way how KSP 1.8 has changed makes it possible of any mod to affect anything). I did my own tests, and didn't notice any problems. However, there were reports that KAS is broken. So, a bug hunt is open! If nothing found, I'll simply recompile KAS for C# .Net 4.5 and Unity 2019.

I have tried a mixture of KIS, KAS, EVS plus what I have installed, and no problems have been presented.
KSP 1.8 DLC MHE BGE
Thank you!

25 minutes ago, paul23 said:

Shouldn't the new KAS be incompatible with 1.7- ? Not "+"?

It should highlight that any 1.7.* version is incompatible. Anyway, removed it to avoid confusion.

53 minutes ago, paul23 said:

Oh so this doesn't work at all at ksp 1.7.x (not even older versions?)

Anything that is compiled for KSP 1.8 is won't work with the prior versions. So, KAS 1.4 is your best bet.

6 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Can I attach the ground pylons to the surface and attach things to it or is that still a no no? 

Technically, you can. But it's just a question of time when it turn into something weird. Today's KSP doesn't like vessels, attached to the ground.

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this, and if so has a workaround?  I'm still on 1.7, so if this has been noticed/changed please just ignore me (I searched the thread with no luck).

When I try to KAS in pistons (and some other elements that are movable with Breaking Ground) the sliding piece ends up 90 degrees from the rest of the piston.  It still moves as expected, but sideways :)

B02W2hw.jpg

7 hours ago, alaykitty said:

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this, and if so has a workaround?  I'm still on 1.7, so if this has been noticed/changed please just ignore me (I searched the thread with no luck).

When I try to KAS in pistons (and some other elements that are movable with Breaking Ground) the sliding piece ends up 90 degrees from the rest of the piston.  It still moves as expected, but sideways :)

B02W2hw.jpg

I have the same issue both in 1.7 and 1.8
Also searched the forum for this behavior, but couldn't find any match.

Additionally, on ships launched from the Launch Pad and fitted with the Hydraulic Cylinder, the target extension is not working.
I change the value and nothing happens. BUT, if I switch to a different vessel and then come back, the Cylinder is extended to the target value.

Also, in 1.8 binding the cylinder to an action once in orbit, allows the cylinder to fully extend.
Resetting the value also works.

• 3 weeks later...

I have another funny one. I am using a hydraulic Telescopic Piston 3PT and trying to re-attach a Jr Docking port to the end of it, to assist with lugging around objects on Mun. This was quite effective previously. But now I cannot re-attach the docking port as it says there is no Surface attach Note. Previously you could attach "H" or even better Press "R" and then "H" to get the docking port centred and correctly locked to the end of the piston.

No idea what has changed (apart from the 1.7.3. to 1.8 obviously)

Cheers for any pointers

SJ

EDITED TO ADD: finally got a surface attach option, but when the piston is activated or retracted the docking port does not follow the piston as it used to. It just stays suspended in mid air.... frustrating :-)

Edited by serjames

On 11/18/2019 at 6:34 AM, paul23 said:

Is there a way to return a fuel connector? My connector is some way "bugged" and shot off to infinity:

Enable advanced tweakables in the game settings. It will reveal a menu option on the RTS part: "Lock connector". If the connector is simply far away and the part is not broken, it will help. But if you say it's "shot off to infinity", the part is likely broken. The connector is not supposed to get farther than 20m from the winch.

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

Enable advanced tweakables in the game settings. It will reveal a menu option on the RTS part: "Lock connector". If the connector is simply far away and the part is not broken, it will help. But if you say it's "shot off to infinity", the part is likely broken. The connector is not supposed to get farther than 20m from the winch.

hmm I just connected it to my kerbal, went eva and flew a few hundred meters... No warning or anything.

I had to go back in save files though: upon time warping forward a few hours the connection was even "further", and if I went out of warp suddenly the whole base spun out of control and explosions galore.

Edited by paul23

1 hour ago, paul23 said:

hmm I just connected it to my kerbal, went eva and flew a few hundred meters... No warning or anything.

Interesting. What should have happen is a loud "breaking sound" and disconnecting from the hose. Could you please try reproducing this situation, but this time capture the logs (please, do it how explained here, I need a very specific log file)?

Hello,for some reason when i deploy parts like to build a mining base they disappear. I have a rover that carrys the parts connected to a dropship. I drop the rover build the base than recover the dropship but for some reason  the parta i built up dissapeared. In testing it on kerbin im trying to build mining bases working with ground construction mod to try and make moduke colonies and space dry docks.

Thanks for any replies if its hard to understand i will make a video to better explain this weekend.

On 12/2/2019 at 5:36 AM, aagun123 said:

I just want Electro-Magnet back....

20 hours ago, OskieWoskie said:

Hi, I am wondering if there is going to be any new parts added in like the old anchors?

I wish I could say it will be added any time soon. Alas, it won't. All my efforts are currently dedicated to KIS v2.

On 12/2/2019 at 5:36 AM, aagun123 said:

I just want Electro-Magnet back....

My workaround is to use "The Klaw" and hook it up to the HW-80 Winch using a JS-1 Joint Socket. Actually, it's not just "The Klaw" but a microship comprising of "The Klaw", a OKTO2 probe core (because it is the smallest), a RCS tank and a pair of RV-105 RCS Thrusters to steer the microship while tethered to the winch. Of course, this only works in a low gravity environment. You can use rockets instead of RCS if you want a harpoon-like behaviour.

Just remember to keep the microship light and compact. I use Tweakscale to do that. You need a microship instead of just the Klaw because once you release the cable, the Klaw is on its own. So you need to give it a brain to control it and means to propel and steer it. You can only refuel it if it is docked to the winch.