[Minimum KSP version - 1.11] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) v1.12

IgorZ

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@IgorZ I've been using KAS 1.2 for a while and I noticed that the telescopic joint/towbar now looks identical to a socket. Is this intentional?

This has nothing to do with KSP 1.7 breaking KAS 1.2. I'd guess you have some missing files. Looking at how the parts are configured the model used for the tow bar and telescopic links start with a model of the socket and then add another model in KAS/Models/Piston to define the linkage.

You could post a log. 

38 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

This has nothing to do with KSP 1.7 breaking KAS 1.2. I'd guess you have some missing files. Looking at how the parts are configured the model used for the tow bar and telescopic links start with a model of the socket and then add another model in KAS/Models/Piston to define the linkage.

You could post a log. 

It is actually related. The pistons are added via code. If code fails, then the socket model is all you get. And the code does fail in 1.7.

It's funny how unfortunately the dates matched. I could fix all these 1.7 issues easily... if I wasn't out of country for a long trip. For all who are concerned: I'm back on April 21, that's the likely date to have the fix.

Edited by IgorZ

Yo

Just a quick 1.6.1 gameplay related question: 

I can't figure out for the life me how to join pipes together. I've got an engineer with an electric screwdriver equipped, I can attach sockets to things, but when I left click the socket (as per the various video tutorials on teh intertube) the menu only has 'aim camera.' :(

please help :P 

Just now, rextable said:

Yo

I can't figure out for the life me how to join pipes together. I've got an engineer with an electric screwdriver equipped, I can attach sockets to things, but when I left click the socket (as per the various video tutorials on teh intertube) the menu only has 'aim camera.' :(

If nothing is broken, this means you aren't close enough to trigger the KAS menu. You could also upload a log.

51 minutes ago, rextable said:

Yo

Pipes have changed since most of those tutorials were created.  Sockets can't create pipes in the latest version of KAS - you need a source for a pipe - typically the hose reel.  (I can't remember the name.)   You grab from the reel, and attach to a socket.

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

Pipes have changed since most of those tutorials were created.  Sockets can't create pipes in the latest version of KAS - you need a source for a pipe - typically the hose reel.  (I can't remember the name.)   You grab from the reel, and attach to a socket.

Aha!!!

Just tried it. You're spot on - Thank you! 

Now then.... onward and upwards with my refuelling base :D  :D :D  

8 hours ago, Cannon said:

I have placed RTS-1 on 1 ship and Joint socket on second ship, but when I right click either of them, there is only "aim camera" and "reset camera" options, nothing else.
How do I connect them then?
Here's the video https://streamable.com/4i8k2

KAS 1.2 is broken in KSP 1.7 - Even if parts appear none of the functions work.

anybody else run into this error before. everything has been working fine but now KSP dies loading the EVA Kerbals. 

[LOG 10:33:16.992] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Prebuilt/kerbalEVA/kerbalEVA'
[ERR 10:33:17.099] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KASLinkTargetKerbal'

[ERR 10:33:17.099] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KASLinkTargetKerbal'

[ERR 10:33:17.109] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'KASLinkTargetKerbal'

[EXC 10:33:17.243] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
    kOS.Safe.Serialization.SafeSerializationMgr+<>c.<CheckIDumperStatics>b__15_0 (System.Reflection.Assembly a)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type].MoveNext ()
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[System.Type].MoveNext ()
    kOS.Safe.Serialization.SafeSerializationMgr.CheckIDumperStatics ()
    kOS.Module.kOSProcessor.OnAwake ()
    PartModule.Awake ()
    Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node, Boolean forceAwake)
    PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

@COL.R.Neville Are you using KAS 1.2 on 1.7, or some other combination? KAS 1.2 is broken on 1.7. Nothing related to KAS works because the KAS.dll fails to load.

PartModule KASLinkTargetKerbal is a module added to PART[kerbalEVA*] through a MM patch, but without the KAS.dll the game cannot figure out what KASLinkTargetKerbal is supposed to do and you get an error message. I don't know what the following kOS exception implies as I don't use kOS, could be a kOS problem or fallout of the KAS problem.

kOS has been broken by this same error message in 1.7, but only on *some* installs and not others:

[EXC 10:33:17.243] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

And a few other mods have had the same problem, where any attempt to call System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes() throws an exception.  In some cases in kOS, removing the other mod, Kerbal Wind Tunnel, made the error go away.  Kerbal Wind Tunnel includes a side-library called Accord, which seems to be the first case of this call failing in the log.
I have no other information about this problem, but I thought it might help to describe this.

11 minutes ago, GraczNet said:

Is it safe to downgrade to 1.1 from 1.2 in existing save? 

I did it with no problem and I've seen a lot of people that had problems with the update and reported it's fine after downgrading
anyways if you're worried just backup your save before the downgrade

14 minutes ago, alien_wind said:

I did it with no problem and I've seen a lot of people that had problems with the update and reported it's fine after downgrading
anyways if you're worried just backup your save before the downgrade

Thanks!

Just now, Kilo60 said:

Hmmm I have the Legacy Pack?

Would that work in 1.7?

No idea, support for Legacy parts ended in January and parts from it were being reported broken in 1.6.1. If you need a winch why use the Legacy version when there is a supported version in 1.1?

1.3 (April 21st, 2019):

• [Change] KSP 1.7 compatibility.
  • [Fix #263] Missing files trying to compile locally.
  • [Fix #264] It's seems that KAS v1.2 do not support KSP v1.7.

For now only GitHub and Spacedock are updated. CurseForge and CKAN will need extra couple of days. It's a common process issue when a new major version is released, no need to worry.

On 4/18/2019 at 11:13 AM, COL.R.Neville said:

kOS.Safe.Serialization.SafeSerializationMgr+<>c.<CheckIDumperStatics>b__15_0 (System.Reflection.Assembly a)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type].MoveNext ()
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[System.Type].MoveNext ()
    kOS.Safe.Serialization.SafeSerializationMgr.CheckIDumperStatics ()
    kOS.Module.kOSProcessor.OnAwake ()
    PartModule.Awake ()
    Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node, Boolean forceAwake)
    PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

I know it's mostly moot now that a new KAS version is out that works with KSP 1.7, but I wanted to report that I found the cause of this error in kOS and it was *sort of* caused by the fact that KAS didn't load, combined with me not understanding the really weird way GetTypes() works when DLL's fail to load.  I would have assumed that "Failure to load this Type" would only throw an exception once - at the time the DLL is being loaded.   Then after that if you trapped the exception that the loader generated and keep going (as KSP itself does when trying to load mods), then from then on the Type would simply not even be present at all, because it failed to load.  But actually there still is an empty stub of the class there when it didn't load - just enough of one for GetTypes() to attempt to do things with it, and then to make GetTypes() work you have to trap the exception and pull the information from elsewhere to work around the fact that one of the Types that GetTypes wants to return isn't "really there".