[Minimum KSP version - 1.11] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) v1.12

IgorZ

51 minutes ago, Rudolf Meier said:

I did install the latest version right now and... can someone explain me, why I do have so many options on the CC-R2 ports? When nothing is connected and nobody is near it, I do have an "unplug" active and... when I'm coming closer with a Kerbal I do have "link" (that's the one I understand) and a "Plug (docked)" "Plug (undocked)" and stuff like that... what is that? is there a difference between those modes? ... sorry, I didn't find any documents on that and I didn't want to read the code ... not today... maybe tomorrow :rolleyes: ... so, what's the idea of those options?

Ah... see... this comes from 2 modules... would you say, that's... wanted? ... or ... maybe (just a little bit) ... something ... like a "mini" bug? :P

It is intended. The cc-r2 now serves as a pipe connection and the winch connection port   

On 2/23/2018 at 10:58 PM, SlickStretch said:

Oh, my bad. I actually grabbed the right file, but posted the wrong link. Oops. Here you are.

I don't see anything suspicious there. By a chance, can you make a short video? When I do the testing, it just works!
ubfudBv.jpg

Edited by IgorZ

6 hours ago, SlickStretch said:

Hmm. I have no ideas. It works just fine in my tests. As a last resort, try testing on a pristine game: drop all the mods from Gamedata folder (don't rename, delet or move out of the game's folder). Install only KIS/KAS/MM/CCK installed and reproduce the same test as in the video, and send me a log file.

7 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Hmm. I have no ideas. It works just fine in my tests. As a last resort, try testing on a pristine game: drop all the mods from Gamedata folder (don't rename, delet or move out of the game's folder). Install only KIS/KAS/MM/CCK installed and reproduce the same test as in the video, and send me a log file.

I have a similar Problem but i built a skycrane for drop a rover. The cable is released bud the port connector, and the rover, remain in place.
In the vab i have put a port connector in the rover and then the winch over it.

My log file:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apx9C9K7sjyIg0oRUwmzyml86h42 ( The crash occurred after several tests. I do not believe it is connected :-) )

Edited by Simog

10 hours ago, Simog said:

The cable is released bud the port connector, and the rover, remain in place.

It's a different issue. It usually happens when people attach regular parts to the winch instead of CC-R2. Please, share a screenshot or a video. Btw, the log attached is the wrong log. I need the KSP.log file (see how to get it).

14 hours ago, IgorZ said:

It's a different issue. It usually happens when people attach regular parts to the winch instead of CC-R2. Please, share a screenshot or a video. Btw, the log attached is the wrong log. I need the KSP.log file (see how to get it).

Sorry, wrong file :-D

I using the CC-R2 Which, by the way, tells me that there is nothing to unplug. In the last test I have removed the rover and the winch with the cc-r2 attached work perfectly. Maybe  does not recognize the part of the rover which it is attached? It is the stock rovemate probe.

Here the video:

Log ( the right one :-D ): https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apx9C9K7sjyIg0oRUwmzyml86h42

Many Thanks

Edited by Simog

On 3/5/2018 at 5:45 AM, Simog said:

Sorry, wrong file :-D

I using the CC-R2 Which, by the way, tells me that there is nothing to unplug. In the last test I have removed the rover and the winch with the cc-r2 attached work perfectly. Maybe  does not recognize the part of the rover which it is attached? It is the stock rovemate probe.

Here the video:

Log ( the right one :-D ): https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apx9C9K7sjyIg0oRUwmzyml86h42

Many Thanks

Note, that when you start extending or end retracting, the rover shakes a bit. It means the winch does its job, but the rover stays attached to the crane thru some other joint(s). I'd suggest the  reason is one (or all) of the following:

1. It seems you've used the "allow collision" mode in VAB to assemble the vessel. This could technically result in creating extra joints other than the winch.
  2. You use some kind of the joints reinforcement mod which keeps the rover attached to the crane even though the winch has undocked. The only way to fix it is to remove the mods. To check if this is the case, run the test on the prestine game with only KAS installed.
  3. Somehow the autostruts are get created. To verify if this is the case, press Alt+F12, then choose "Physics/Show autostruts". If you see the lines between the rover and the crane, then this is the case. Please, share a screen shot if you see it.

20 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Somehow the autostruts are get created. To verify if this is the case, press Alt+F12, then choose "Physics/Show autostruts". If you see the lines between the rover and the crane, then this is the case. Please, share a screen shot if you see it.

Wheels have "force autostrut to heaviest part" always on.

2 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Wheels have "force autostrut to heaviest part" always on.

As long as it's a stock behavior, it will work fine with KAS, since KAS explicitly says that the joint is unlocked. The third-party mods, however, usually don't check this condition.

Thanks to both for the answers. 
I have tried to show the autostruts and the problem is precisely the wheels that remain attached to the heavier parts, in this case the winch. Furthermore, the autostrut is blocked and can not be changed on those wheels.

ZxqPWvQD_o.png

Is it possible to be the Kerbal Joint Reinforcement the problem? I had no more time to try without it.

However I found a workaround while I was trying, that is give the command to extend the cable and then click on Plug mode this breaks the autostruts that  hook to the parts of the rover:

5 hours ago, Simog said:

Is it possible to be the Kerbal Joint Reinforcement the problem? I had no more time to try without it.

This mod is usually the issue. Try removing it and check if it helps.

On 3/3/2018 at 9:34 PM, IgorZ said:

I will do that when I get home. My home internet is down right now, so it might be a day or two until I get the video uploaded for you.

On 3/8/2018 at 4:05 AM, Simog said:

I will definitely try. However with the workaround I found, can use it anyway:
My first mission on Duna:

Many Thanks for the mod :-D 

enjoyed your video

Thank you for the update  @IgorZ

Edit: Where did you get an updated MM? Ive been keeping an eye on it and its still showing 3.0.4 :-)

Edited by viperwolf

25 minutes ago, viperwolf said:

He how do I donate to you for your work on KAS and SML? Im not a fan of patron, you have a paypal?

You can use Curse's button "Donate" (upper-right corner of the screen). It does exactly it, redirects you to the PayPal's "donate" page to my account :) 

54 minutes ago, viperwolf said:

Thank you for the update  @IgorZ

Edit: Where did you get an updated MM? Ive been keeping an eye on it and its still showing 3.0.4 :-)

CKAN :)

6 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

You can use Curse's button "Donate" (upper-right corner of the screen). It does exactly it, redirects you to the PayPal's "donate" page to my account :) 

I forgot about curse donate................................................................................and sent----------------------------------------->

2 minutes ago, viperwolf said:

I forgot about curse donate................................................................................and sent----------------------------------------->

Thanks! Very appreciated. I haven't played KSP for more than a year, but I run this game daily because I'm doing the development (KAS 1.0 mostly, next beta version will go live soon). And the fans support is the reason why I'm not giving up :)

Hello 

i need your help with this mod.

I want to connect my Fuel refinery to my planned Minmus Base, to produce all Life support stuff from the ore. The fuel should be transfered to the Rescue Rocket thats everytime ready for a return to Kerbin, i want to connect all these things.

so i can transfer Fuel and Ore from the Renfinery to the base, and to the rocket i have seen a Video where a kerbal can build pipes connecting two Vessels.

I downloaded the KAS Mod but i can‘t connect something together, is here another mod needed to make this possible?