[Minimum KSP version - 1.11] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) v1.12

IgorZ

17 hours ago, Average joe thats not joe said:

I have a question (I'm not sure if  is should  ask in KAS or KIS but I'll put it here) how do take down parts from a rocket? I saw the it on the beardy penguin's beyond kerbol video where he removed an entire rocket an store it and I have plans to do that too but idk how.

KIS allows moving assemblies of parts (in contrast to the stock system), but it cannot store "entire rockets" into the inventory.

On 5/10/2021 at 10:18 PM, Average joe thats not joe said:

I have a question (I'm not sure if  is should  ask in KAS or KIS but I'll put it here) how do take down parts from a rocket? I saw the it on the beardy penguin's beyond kerbol video where he removed an entire rocket an store it and I have plans to do that too but idk how.

I’d like to know which Beardy video (and which time stamp) so we can see exactly what you’re referencing. But like Igor said, KIS doesn’t store entire vessels (unless Beardy stripped the vessel down for parts). You might actually have been seeing the Hangar mod in action though: that does the entire-vessel-storage bit.

Edited by B-STRK

Just a brief update on the KAS compatibility to the stock inventory system. The work is in process. Those of you who have a software development background can track it on Github. Those who don't, just rest assured I'm doing my best . Allowing KAS parts for the stock EVA attachment in the "as is" state would hit users in many unexpected situations. Trust me, you won't be happy to experience it in your carrier games. At this moment I cannot give an ETA for the completion, sorry.

Edited by IgorZ

11 hours ago, Average joe thats not joe said:

this vid 

at 14:33 

It isn’t KIS/KAS or Hangar. He isn’t storing parts or ships. He’s breaking down parts into MaterialKits, which is a USI MKS functionality. (Beardy says it at the time stamp: “using USI... we can break it down into its constituent MaterialKits and SpecializedParts”). 

If you’re wondering how new ships come about because of it, he’s using Extraplanetary Launchpads, which in combination with MKS constructs those MaterialKits and SpecializedParts to vessels in situ. (Without MKS, EL still does the same thing but follows its own resource logic.)

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Darkherring said:

Hi, is there any way to prevent my base to dismember itself during connection?

Better to use a mode like MKS or Simple Logistics that allows transfer of resources between vessels that are close together. Connecting up large bases with KAS, or just plain docking ports, more often than not invites the Kraken for a visit. 

2 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Better to use a mode like MKS or Simple Logistics that allows transfer of resources between vessels that are close together. Connecting up large bases with KAS, or just plain docking ports, more often than not invites the Kraken for a visit. 

Sure, but I don't think it works for habitats with Kerbalism

Given how much time I've spent in the game, I sometimes tend to think I saw virtually everything. Nope! The game never stops to surprise:

If I wanted to purposely make such a behavior in the game, I'd spend days to investigate how. However, here it comes "for free". And now I need to figure out why :)  Btw, it's happening in KSP 1.11 with KAS 1.7. See the related bug.

On 4/15/2021 at 5:12 AM, DaveyJ576 said:

I kitbashed together this LM Shelter using BDB and stock parts. It is still in the refinement phase, but I am running into a problem.

I need to attach a ladder to the lower lip of the airlock. I can do so, but when I inflate/deflate the airlock the ladder does not move with it. I don't have KAS yet and I was wondering would it solve the problem? Or, could my Kerbals attach one on an EVA?

Thanks.

I think it should be solved with 

Edited by evileye.x

• 2 weeks later...

I've been polishing KAS v1.8 and was almost certain to release it today or tomorrow, but now we have KSP 1.12. Sorry, but KAS release delays again. It needs to be tested against the new KSP version.

1.8 (June 27th, 2021):

• [NOTICE] If a connected KAS part gets involved in a stock EVA construction operation, it will get immediately detached from the peer. To avoid unpexected behvior, it's recommended to manually break the link before using EVA construction mode.
  • [NOTICE] The interactive links (like in PCB) are now not possible in EVA construction mode.
  • [Compatibility] Drop AVC version check due to the KSP 1.12 duplicated mods handling bug.
  • [Change] Better detect if any of the peers in the KAS connection got destroyed for any reason. The link gets properly broken in this case.
  • [Enhancement] Allow attaching to the winches surface to let reinforcing them with struts.
  • [Enhancement] Don't show resources that cannot be transferred in the RTS GUI.
  • [Enhancement] Allow disabling the controls hints in the RTS resource transfer dialog. Use setting showTransferDialogHints.
  • [Enhancement] Allow disabling the controls hints in the winches remote control dialog. Use setting showRemoteControlDialogHints.
  • [Enhancement #248] Add ability to scale Transfer GUI.
  • [Enhancement #321] Scale the Winch GUI dialog.
  • [Fix #302] GUI does not respect hide/show function.
  • [Fix #306] Logs spam from the parts dropped on the ground.
  • [Fix #307] Interactive attach mode conflicts with construction mode.
  • [Fix #308] Linked parts can be dragged in construct mode.
  • [Fix #309] TJ parts cannot align when pulled out of cargo.
  • [Fix #311] Breaks the Asteroid Redirect Training Mission.
  • [Fix #313] Coupling vessels via the rigid link cause vessel breakage.
  • [Fix #314] Retract cable option is visible when the connector is locked.
  • [Fix #315] Attaching KAS links resets EVA editor parts highlighting.
  • [Fix #316] The detached physicsless parts stay physicsless.
  • [Fix #317] Coupling role delegation doesn't work.
  • [Fix #318] EVA construction mode highlighting stays on the KAS pipes after the mode is canceled.
  • [Fix #320] Renderer is active even on the locked winch connector.

It was a looooong way. Much longer that I could anticipate, but it's over now.

And, as usual, the Course Forge update will need some time to get populated. It's not on me! It's on the CurseForge staff.

Thanks for the hard work, @IgorZ!! Much appreciated! ;) 

I think I need to report an annoying bug in my 1.11 install. I don't really know if it is better to report it here or in CKAN thread. CKAN marks the new version 1.8 as compatible for 1.11.0 to 1.99.99 so I updated it before reading in the OP that this is not true (minimun version 1.12). The observed behavior which made me report the issue is that in an already deployed vessel with a RTS-1, the option from the GUI to transfer just liquid fuel has disappeared. All the others are still there, including Oxigen, or LF+Ox, and so on. Reverting to 1.7 has proven to be the proper solution, but I guess CKAN info about compatible versions is not *ahem* really accurate (again). So, IgorZ, up to you, if you want me to report it to CKAN, no problem at all ;) 

Again, thank you!!

J

@IgorZ It's been awhile since I posted here, thank you much for all your hard work! This is in KSP 1.11, but I thought I'd show what I'm doing with KAS:

esNSDGo.png

ekIkY4K.png

Nv16TH6.png

Thanks to the work that you do, I'm able to load new payloads into my Mk-33 using a robotics crane that I made. :)

15 hours ago, RandomKerbal said:

What's that hangar mod?

That is the new payload crane that I made for the Mk-33. It is one giant robotics part. A second part up front is another part designed for a docking port. The crane isn’t released yet, I am waiting for a more stable KSP 1.12.1.

On 6/28/2021 at 1:16 PM, JorgeCS said:

Thanks for the hard work, @IgorZ!! Much appreciated! ;) 

I think I need to report an annoying bug in my 1.11 install. I don't really know if it is better to report it here or in CKAN thread. CKAN marks the new version 1.8 as compatible for 1.11.0 to 1.99.99 so I updated it before reading in the OP that this is not true (minimun version 1.12). The observed behavior which made me report the issue is that in an already deployed vessel with a RTS-1, the option from the GUI to transfer just liquid fuel has disappeared. All the others are still there, including Oxigen, or LF+Ox, and so on. Reverting to 1.7 has proven to be the proper solution, but I guess CKAN info about compatible versions is not *ahem* really accurate (again). So, IgorZ, up to you, if you want me to report it to CKAN, no problem at all ;) 

Again, thank you!!

J

This is actually a bug. Will have it fixed soon.

1.9 (July 1st, 2021):

• [Fix #324] Resources intermittently disappear from RTS transfer dialog.

Note, that the previous version was marked as compatible with KSP 1.12 only. This is not true. Both 1.8 and 1.9 are compatible with KSP 1.11 and higher.

Edited by IgorZ

I'm receiving this message on the screen when I'm flying some ship without any KAS parts installed:

[LOG 00:30:23.221] [Part:KAS.W2 (id=C4294796932)#Module:2] Scheduling global coupling check...
[ERR 00:30:23.221] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'KAS.W2' is inactive!

KSP.log: https://zerobin.esolia.com/?bd06267a5a8933ca#VQJbDhoZZka+Oge9gowibT3uBfI0E/n5z6KBd+R69Io=

Player.log: https://zerobin.esolia.com/?b2c7d68e1b6c4055#DKZYyHsxW1yzDxSoqvlNLSyOhVGahEf2I/RlHqMTzFU=

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Dominiquini said:

I'm receiving this message on the screen when I'm flying some ship without any KAS parts installed:

[LOG 00:30:23.221] [Part:KAS.W2 (id=C4294796932)#Module:2] Scheduling global coupling check...
[ERR 00:30:23.221] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'KAS.W2' is inactive!

KSP.log: https://zerobin.esolia.com/?bd06267a5a8933ca#VQJbDhoZZka+Oge9gowibT3uBfI0E/n5z6KBd+R69Io=

Player.log: https://zerobin.esolia.com/?b2c7d68e1b6c4055#DKZYyHsxW1yzDxSoqvlNLSyOhVGahEf2I/RlHqMTzFU=

Thanks.

Yeah, looks like a bug. Created a ticket. It shouldn't break anything critical, though.