[Minimum KSP version - 1.11] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) v1.12

IgorZ

6 minutes ago, kl0buk said:

Hi and thank you for your reply. I have both wrench and screwdriver in my kerbal inventory but I can equip only wrench. If I try to equip screwdriver the hand is empty.. 

That's weird. Could you please share a log?

Hey! Great mod man, One of my all times favorites.

I have a few little bugs,

* it tell me that the pipe texture is non existent, I installed via CKAN.

* I cant connect the Fixed telescopic Joint to the socket of a pylon (Tough I can still attach the res distributor). I personaly dont like this later change, I like the old plung and play but still.

Also, could you and Pathfinder modders find a middle ground about the pipes?

Thank you again for your great mod.

@IgorZ Does your work on bezier curve bends mean that a form of the old pipes are migrating to KAS v1.1+ ? 

@Zankastia The only part that connects to the socket on the ground pylons is the RTS-1 Hose Reel. I ran into this while KAS was still in beta and was told it was by design. For the texture, verify that the file GameData\KAS\Textures\hose-d70-1kn.dds exists. If not try uninstalling and reinstall with CKAN or manually grab KAS from https://github.com/ihsoft/KAS/releases and make sure you have all the files in the proper location under GameData\KAS

5 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

@IgorZ Does your work on bezier curve bends mean that a form of the old pipes are migrating to KAS v1.1+ ? 

Nope. On the image I'm only testing the renderer, so for simplicity I create the links between two ports as it was possible in the old KAS. However, I actually have an idea how the old behavior can get back without breaking the physical realism. Stay turned :) When I'm ready to show a prototype I'll publish it on Patreon.

6 hours ago, Zankastia said:

Also, could you and Pathfinder modders find a middle ground about the pipes?

We're working on it.

@IgorZ Hi, I was trying yesterday to equip screwdriver in sandbox. I can't equip it but I can equip electrical screwdriver and wrench. So I can wait in my career to unlock electrical screwdriver and I will be fine. I was able to attach parts without any problem so I will just wait until I will unlock it in tech tree. But it's really strange that I can't equip classic screwdriver. I'm using also some other mods so maybe it's because of some conflicts or something like that if no one has the same problem in 1.5+.

And btw I like your new project with real looking hoses :)  Looking forward to see the prototype.

Edited by kl0buk

4 minutes ago, kl0buk said:

But it's really strange that I can't equip classic screwdriver

Could you please clarify the difference between the "classic screwdriver" and the "non-classic" one? KIS only gives one screwdriver, and it's "E-SD80 Electric Screwdriver". Anything else is not KIS or (obviously) KAS.

6 minutes ago, kl0buk said:

And btw I like your new project with real looking hoses :)  Looking forward to see the prototype.

I'm glad you've liked! I'm having a lot of fun making these pipes too. It's like back in time, to the university. When I was a student, I thought the high math is boring. Who knew I'll get back to it voluntarily a couple of decades later? :) 

11 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Could you please clarify the difference between the "classic screwdriver" and the "non-classic" one? KIS only gives one screwdriver, and it's "E-SD80 Electric Screwdriver". Anything else is not KIS or (obviously) KAS.

I'm not on my PC and I don't know the name of that part but I always thought that it's KIS/KAS item. It's classic non-electrical screwdriver that looks like this:

2ibm89i.jpg

2 minutes ago, kl0buk said:

I'm not on my PC and I don't know the name of that part but I always thought that it's KIS/KAS item. It's classic non-electrical screwdriver that looks like this:

2ibm89i.jpg

It's definitely not from KIS/KAS. And if it's from a third party-mod (which I think it is), then this mod is affected by this. I'd love to help, but the author of the mod should do the work. Sorry.

1 minute ago, IgorZ said:

It's definitely not from KIS/KAS. And if it's from a third party-mod (which I think it is), then this mod is affected by this. I'd love to help, but the author of the mod should do the work. Sorry.

Sorry I always thought that's KIS/KAS item... My bad.. As I said, I'll just wait until I get screwdriver from your mod and I will be fine :) Thanks for the support and quick replies. And good luck with your real looking hoses :) 

It looks like the one from Surface Equipment Science mod.

Not at pc atm but remember it from my old game. 

The modname might not be 100% but its the one you attach several small pieces with electric wire to a central hub for long time science gaines.

3 minutes ago, mrstoned said:

It looks like the one from Surface Equipment Science mod.

Not at pc atm but remember it from my old game. 

The modname might not be 100% but its the one you attach several small pieces with electric wire to a central hub for long time science gaines.

Yep I have this mod installed so it might be part from it.  Thank you :) 

@IgorZ Hi, I've encountered bug with KAS struts, they work in every other aspect except letting me pump fuel, the option wont appear for me to pump fuel for other pipes than one, no matter what. In other words only one pipe works in my base, but others wont let me pump fuel. I've tried to directly modify save file to activate pumping, but it will always stop their pumping during load already and override the save file in the end.

To be exact, they are actually reskins from MKS (Flex'o tube), but the creator already disbanded similar issue as 'KAS problem'. Is this known issue with workaround, the other issue was pretty old, but I couldn't find any info of similar problems.

I tried to do some debugging on the case with code from the repo and sofar I haven't found anything revealing, but it seems that the `attachedPart` is not being marked for the two objects when they are being docked by the code.

23 minutes ago, RiQQ said:

@IgorZ Hi, I've encountered bug with KAS struts, they work in every other aspect except letting me pump fuel, the option wont appear for me to pump fuel for other pipes than one, no matter what. In other words only one pipe works in my base, but others wont let me pump fuel. I've tried to directly modify save file to activate pumping, but it will always stop their pumping during load already and override the save file in the end.

To be exact, they are actually reskins from MKS (Flex'o tube), but the creator already disbanded similar issue as 'KAS problem'. Is this known issue with workaround, the other issue was pretty old, but I couldn't find any info of similar problems.

I tried to do some debugging on the case with code from the repo and sofar I haven't found anything revealing, but it seems that the `attachedPart` is not being marked for the two objects when they are being docked by the code.

New KAS doesn't have "pump" concept - when you connect vessels in the docked mode, the resources simply start flowing as it would normally happen via a docking port. In the undocked mode no resources are automatically moved between the vessels. If you need to pump the resources without docking, use RTS-1 part that is specifically designed for it.

In the old KAS nothing has changed. If you're using the old parts (they have word "LEGACY" in the name), then there should be no changes noticed. Please, clarify what parts do you use in your setup.

Edited by IgorZ

The problematic part is that one out of three works. But my whole setup is MKS tundra parts except Flexotube connectors which use KASModuleStrut as their base. To be even more specific, Tundra recycler is connected into MKS-Strut with flexotube. It does recognize the vessels and which is dominant, but for some reason these other cases leave the attachedPart as null. I built your LEGACY but it didnt help, im using something older that doesnt bring the legacy folder with it, or its just the functionality of mod manager. But no i'm not using latest KAS, i had to downgrade due to some mods werent supporting latest Kerbal.

5 hours ago, RiQQ said:

The problematic part is that one out of three works. But my whole setup is MKS tundra parts except Flexotube connectors which use KASModuleStrut as their base. To be even more specific, Tundra recycler is connected into MKS-Strut with flexotube. It does recognize the vessels and which is dominant, but for some reason these other cases leave the attachedPart as null. I built your LEGACY but it didnt help, im using something older that doesnt bring the legacy folder with it, or its just the functionality of mod manager. But no i'm not using latest KAS, i had to downgrade due to some mods werent supporting latest Kerbal.

Could you, please, share the log?

On 11/7/2018 at 4:37 AM, kl0buk said:

Yep I have this mod installed so it might be part from it.  Thank you :) 

If you have notepad++ or the confidence to use regular notepad you can fix this pretty easy.  Backup the file somewhere then open the file SEP_Screwdriver.cfg.

Remove line "equipMeshName = body01"

Edit line "equipBoneName = bn_r_mid_a01"

to read "equipBoneName = aliasRightPalm"

Screwdriver works after that.

Edited by overkill13

1 hour ago, Tonka Crash said:

@Gater PCB-1 and CB-1 socket can put up a tension wire between two points or you have the short TJ-1 & TJ-2 linkages to connect two items. You can also just turn on advanced tweakables and use autostruts.

Thank you, for your tips. Sadly none of this can fully replace this legacy part. I have a ship design with a cargo bay and i want so secure my cargo :).  Can i just build struts with KIS

10 hours ago, RiQQ said:

Sure, here it is. I added 4 comments where I performed the unlink and relink actions for broken and working pipes.

https://ufile.io/q0pjn

So, you use the old KAS. And on the old game version. Sorry, but support is only provided for the latest game and mod versions. I did a quick check of the log, though. It the source port fails to find the target port part, and attempt to save the configuration results in NPE. Try removing all the pipes using KIS, then bring new parts and install them. If the problem was a corrupted save file, it may help. Otherwise, it's likely a mods conflict.

14 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

So, you use the old KAS. And on the old game version. Sorry, but support is only provided for the latest game and mod versions. I did a quick check of the log, though. It the source port fails to find the target port part, and attempt to save the configuration results in NPE. Try removing all the pipes using KIS, then bring new parts and install them. If the problem was a corrupted save file, it may help. Otherwise, it's likely a mods conflict.

Okay thank you, will try to see if i can fix it, its likely that its corrupted some way.

4 hours ago, Gater said:

Thank you, for your tips. Sadly none of this can fully replace this legacy part. I have a ship design with a cargo bay and i want so secure my cargo :).  Can i just build struts with KIS

You can use the legacy parts, nothing is preventing that. However, at some point they will go away. I'd learn how to do what you want without them. Is the cargo actually connected to you ship in the cargo bay, or just loose? If it's loose anything I mentioned before except autostruts should work. The PCB-1/CB-1 is the closest approximation of a tie-down of anything in KSP. If it's connected to a docking port autostruts would work, too.