Deorbiting debris - does it loose you rep?

This post claims that having ships crash loses you reputation. Does this also apply for debris? And does it matter if you are watching the debris (rather than it being on rails?)

e.g. I separate a lower stage while it is in a 85*30km orbit and the game cleans up the debris when it gets too low. 

e.g. I separate a lower stage while it is in a 85*60km orbit. It won't get cleaned up automatically unless I go in and watch it in "physics mode" at which point I can't stop watching it until after it crashes.

(I am aware that there is a Terminate button in the Tracking Station, but sometimes watching things burn up is fun too :P)

I do not believe that post is correct when it comes to the "vessel destruction" point. As you say, when you stage away bits of a ship they get destroyed all the time. I have never noticed any loss of rep from destroying an unkrewed ship.

So my answer to your specific question would be no.

You can find the answer yourself in 30 seconds.

Save your game, exit out, and when you load it it says how much rep you have. Write that number down. Then deorbit a piece of debris. Save and exit again, and when you reload see if your rep changed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.