Project Ares: Alternate Earth History in Real Solar System

Felbourn

Guid      = af5dd41b-73ab-43d9-8026-762a8e8eabc1
Name      = Singapore Advanced Scientific Research Centre
Latitude  = 1.346406
Longitude = 103.683384
Height    = 400

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let this be constructed in the year around early 1960s (real earth : time of self governance (1959) and Merger with Malaya (1963).)  Site of the singapore , Nanyang Technological University.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guid      = c51ea44d-141e-4e84-824c-4a99d2e5bf96
Name      = South-East Asia Regional Jet Propulsion Labs and Testing Grounds
Latitude  = 4.612522
Longitude = 102.645403
Height    = 2,487

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let this be constructed in the year around early 1970s . Site of one of the " Ultra"  Peaks in the World ,Mt Tahan (Endure in Malay, otherwise Mt Endure).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guid                =201c15bf-d3a4-4770-9291-894000b7bed0

Name              =Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia,Germany

Latitude           =51.219  N

Longitude        =6.779326  E

Height             =345

Guid =  121a4f49-9043-4759-bae6-91fc59e8d6bc

Name =  Biak Spaceport 

Latitude = -1.07669

Longitude = 136.38605

Height =  310

Well, here we have an equatorial launch site. Situated at only 1 degree Latitude, very excellent for Geostationary missions and had clear Pacific ocean due east so it's safe for rocket stages disposal. :wink:

Edited by AlphaKerman
Wrong coordinate

GUID = 3014e6c0-1006-460a-8fc2-1469c596cdb6
NAME = STORNOWAY AIRPORT
LAT = 58.216012
LONG = -6.330201
ELEV = 308

NOTE:
LIKELY LOCATION OF SKYLON AIRCRAFT AND HAS HAD VERY LARGE TRACKING STATIONS IN THE PAST

GUID = 299503fe-0e5d-4c17-b45b-062897f3a964
NAME = FYLINGDALES
LAT = 54.359372
LONG = -0.669135
ELEV = 580

NOTE:
RAF SPACE TRACKING STATION

Good evening Bob!  I just want to say thanks for taking the time for everything to look So beautiful, both rockets and planets.  I play on a glorified toaster, graphics at Minimum, so your YouTube videos are the closest thing I will ever see to how artistic and stunning both sun-rises and stagings can look.  I hope you'll at least pass by all 9 planets with a probe over the course of the series to illustrate how awesome these planets can look.

Keep those beauty-shots coming!

Will you ever do a Planet Nine mission? (obviously a few decades down the road when Earth discovers Planet Nine)

What is this?

Perun needs to lose its drop tanks! It's so ugly, I can't even look at it!

I mean, you had to do one thing, create a super heavy lifter. But you made it look like this!

JupiterIII.jpg

Don't ever make your lifter look like that!

Eventually you will create this:

srb-x_1.JPG

I know that's outrageous but... Just drop the drop tanks alright? Makes your lifter look a whole lot better.

Edited by Kerbiter

Guid: 038362d3-de38-483f-a45b-4500ab0c7006

Name: Salt Flats Launch Facility and Static Test Site

--Nothing special about the Salt Flats in Utah, just that the flat terrain and distance from the nearest civilization/city (Salt Lake City) would make it a good launch site for SSTOs and rockets--

Latitude: 40.473

Longitude: -113.610

Altitude (Above Sea Level): 1287.7 meters 

Construct at the current time in the save, then gradually turn it from a tracking station/RemoteTech relay into a launch site.

Thanks!

Edited by KAL 9000

1 hour ago, Kerbiter said:

you made it look like this

That picture looks so "Kerbal" I love it!

Everyone who agrees with me, LIKE this post so he knows we all love that Kerbal-looking Jupiter 3 launcher. :) 

7 hours ago, Felbourn said:

That picture looks so "Kerbal" I love it!

Everyone who agrees with me, LIKE this post so he knows we all love that Kerbal-looking Jupiter 3 launcher. :) 

Ahem...

It's too Kerbal for humans. Honestly I'd have you just remove the drop tanks and make the core a little different.

And I got plans for if Von Braun isn't found guilty of war crimes. It involves Pacific atolls and kerolox.

The Block-I lifted 250 tons in episodes 9 and 10. This Block-II has a 560 ton payload and my first test for episode 12 put that payload in orbit. The total dV of the lifter and payload is almost 15km/s.

Bob I was looking for the vab remover or whatever did you use to remove the vab so you could see the rockect all it could you tell the name of the folder or a link or something since I'm trying to make the tallest rockect challage and I need that mod okay thanks.

16 minutes ago, Jim123 said:

Bob I was looking for the vab remover or whatever did you use to remove the vab so you could see the rockect all it could you tell the name of the folder or a link or something since I'm trying to make the tallest rockect challage and I need that mod okay thanks.

Hangar Extender. Use the 1.1.2 link on page 14. It still works in 1.1.3.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.