[1.4.4] Solar Science [v1.1.1] [August 3, 2018]

Snoopy20111

On 10/20/2016 at 4:55 AM, micha said:

Oh that's a shame, but fully understandable. And if it's feature-complete there's nothing really to do except maintain it for new versions of KSP.

If you don't mind I'll pop it up on Github for you (fully attributed to you of course), just so it doesn't get lost. Let me know if you'd be ok with it (yes, I know the license says I can do what I want, but I prefer to ask anyway).

Yayy :)

Update has just been pushed out, sorry for the delay! Lots of school projects and I picked up my first contract, so I've been strapped for time. Fortunately I got everything to work and even improved it a bit, I think.

• 1 year later...

Relatively big update pushed out! Added a popup that pulls up one of the latest images from either SOHO or STEREO, for the KMI or STEREO respectively. Should you be offline or the link to the image is down, there's a backup image already available. Also added some sound effects that I edited myself from my own field recordings (including a scanner, a washing machine, and a bunch of mostly broken cameras).

This response is a bump, but darn it I'm happy to get this out the door and didn't want to follow the suggestion to start a new thread.

Edited by Snoopy20111
Punctuation

20 minutes ago, Snoopy20111 said:

This response is a bump, but darn it I'm happy to get this out the door and didn't want to follow the suggestion to start a new thread.

Nice to see this old(er) mod get an update.

And I would think a post about an update, by the original OP, could hardly be considered just a lowly "bump" :D

Also glad to see you didnt start a new thread. :thumbs_up:

7 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Nice to see this old(er) mod get an update.

And I would think a post about an update, by the original OP, could hardly be considered just a lowly "bump" :D

Also glad to see you didnt start a new thread. :thumbs_up:

Thanks, I'm glad to keep the ball rolling. A new thread seemed like it would be a mess anyway.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, AlexO said:

It sounds like an interesting mod but in kottabos video except of some funny messages he gets no science in his video.

Can I get sciencepoints from your experiments?

Kottabos was in Sandbox, which zeroes out any science you would earn. In Science or Career modes, you should earn science normally.

• 8 months later...

Hey,

sorry for the (maybe) dumb question, but does it work with KSP 1.7.3?

I haven't played KSP for more than 12 months and now I'm trying to update all my favorite mods, but many aren't marked as compatible in CKAN.

This one is marked as compatible with 1.7.1 in CKAN, but here it says 1.4.4, so what is right?

Edited by N3N

• 6 months later...

I'm here to back that up: I'm hereby passing this project off to @zer0Kerbal. It's been a lot of fun folks, and since I'm in the sound design field these days maybe you'll *hear* more from me, but Zer0 has the reins. As of this post, Solar Science is on v1.1.1, which is compatible with Kerbal Space Program v1.9.1. I expect Zer0 to post a new thread after this one for his updates.

@HebaruSan Just letting you know to update the CKAN listings: Zer0Kerbal is now the primary author of the Solar Science mod. I've made the updates on Curseforge and SpaceDock, but let me know if there's anything else I need to do to make that transition.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.