Orion

p1t1o

Maybe when NASA/SpaceX/Roscosmos hires a new generation of rocket scientists who were originally inspired by KSP, there will be a Manley class of spacecraft with names like Scott, Skye, and Orion.

12 hours ago, wumpus said:

Maybe when NASA/SpaceX/Roscosmos hires a new generation of rocket scientists who were originally inspired by KSP, there will be a Manley class of spacecraft with names like Scott, Skye, and Orion.

Waiting for the first spaceman named Jebediah.

4 hours ago, Majorjim said:

Spacey McSpaceface?

I am so, so proud of my country (#notsarcasm) that Thing-y-McThing-Face is catching on as a global go-to name for almost anything. The other day I was reading about cleaning oilspills, and there was a CGI of some new "boom" system for trapping spills, and on its side it was named "Boomy McBoomFace".

FYI: the vessel that had its name polled - which resulted in the McBoatFace meme - ended up being named after David Attenborough, but one of its remotely operated submersibles will be named "Boaty" :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.