Share your Most Colossal Ship/Plane!

Largest plane is this fairly recent 450 ton SSTO attempt that never actually got to orbit.  It looks pretty though for such a big ship.

Bus384R.png

Largest rocket is this thing with 25 mammoths on the first stage, could put 1200 tons in orbit.

hrjkBOS.png

Edited by sdj64

• 1 year later...

I made this! Have I made a mistake? Absolutely!

C6F092C07AF9D6AA92359A5A2309CD3734D9CEDD

AND IT FLIES!

Note: I had to empty the main two tanks, as with all the tanks full, the thing is over 20k tons.

EDIT: I'm at school right now please help me

Have some more pictures!

This one I lost, but I'm assuming it might have worked, had the plane been traveling under the fighter's max speeds.

2017-03-02%2016-23-04.png

Image result for lazerhax plane

^ This thing can actually lift an entire rocket, it probably has so much lift. ^

Image result for lazerhax plane

^ This is an earlier version of the first one. ^

Do I win?

Edited by Kebab Kerman
Love this thread, hope it's not dead.

Probably one of the bigger things I've built, certainly one of the partiest, is the Gungnir carrier ship I made for the Kethane Station ship submission thread.  It has 4,500m/s of delta V and 4 long range cruise missiles, as well as a hangar for more missiles or small scout/research vessels.  It also has 2 refineries and 2 science labs, and it looks really cool.

iiKjjMK.png

• 2 weeks later...

I present to y'all DLV Block 3. Just about the largest booster I have a use for.

DID I MENTION IT CAN RTLS? It's also 100% stock.

DLV-5 Mission Highlights

This is a Block 2 DLV. We got 1000 tons to orbit.

https://imgur.com/a/x5PEC

DLV-10/EE-1 Mission Highlights

Edit: Had to cut out the first two gifs because they were Error 404-ing.

Edited by Coolstorm10_

I know i've posted in this topic before with 3 big planes, but now i think it's time for the huge ships.

IcXjgcs.png

The biggest and most useless of all my ships, with a length of 254m and a part count of over 1600 parts.

The Kerbinprise used to be my biggest build until i built this.

The SSD Executor

XnruBo7.png

ygxAJLM.png

TjL5iQr.png

The lighting looks awful, and i have to see if that can be fixed by tweaking the prosedural wings a little. Only after that can i start thinking about adding this to my Star Wars fleet project.

With a length of about 600m and a width of about 200m, it is no doubt the biggest thing i've ever built in KSP...even the extended hangar started feeling too small.

Tough i do have to mark some points off because it does use prosedural wings and tweakscale, while the Kerbinprise was mostly stock.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.