Im deathly afraid to play the game mode with funds because i will run out of funds and be unable to continue and lose days or even weeks of game progress.

My point is there is this mod maker that has created the mod kerbal kommander and his mod i feel is a step in the right direction adding economy, a little bit of story or well story isnt exactly the word... It feels likeits more lived in. And the mod gives alittle more purpose to the shenanigans that players are always up to that have made this game so great to play with seemingly endless things to do.

So i guess what im asking is later on could you consider A adding his mod in-game and flushing it out a bit more B asking him to join as a dev considdering he seems to have agood idea what players are looking for alongwith the awesome additions you guys are making. C start taking mods that have the most popularity and adding it to stock... As long as it doesnt completely ruin where the game is heading. D take his mod as a contribution to the game and he gets to either get recognition or helps out being a developer on that mod continuing work on it would be added

Please take this into consideration and i would like to remind you how much your game means to me and i have spent many a night giving up sleep in trade for coffee and whatever i could get my hands on to keep me awake to keep playing your game as long as possible every day. Its probably not healthyfor me but its worth every second and modders have great ideas.goodnight if you so happen to be oneofthe people who sleep at night as for me its 7:55 pmso i figure i can fit another 6 hours in...bye

Sincerly 

Judd Johnson -ksp addict

Looking at Kommander, it doesn't really seem like what the game is built for. Career mode was originally meant to be played as the administrator of the space program. You are right, though, the system is very broken, and restricts the way you play. Career overhaul has been suggested several times recently, and the most recent up to date thread is found here.

8 hours ago, Judd Johnson said:

Im deathly afraid to play the game mode with funds because i will run out of funds and be unable to continue and lose days or even weeks of game progress.

You won't run out of funds unless you are playing on super-hardcore 10% funds mode. Really, on normal difficulty you will be drowning in funds by your first Mun landing IF you always pick contracts relevant to what you are doing

Edited by Blaarkies

8 hours ago, Judd Johnson said:

You literally can't run out of funds. (Not to mention on standard difficulty it's very unlikely you will ever want for funds.)

You can take the bail out grant strategy until you're at -750 rep which should be more than enough funds to get you going again.

If that doesn't work just Alt+F12 then hold Alt for 5 seconds to bring up the extra cheats menu and give yourself as much funds as you need.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

Yep. The system based on contracts that grant you money is really hard to lose. You would have to goof very early in the game to lose it.

However, what I would like to see (once we get a proper career overhaul) is space mining. Simply having missions that would say things like "Get ore from that asteroid/moon and bring it back to Kerbin, because there's tons of cool and precious stuff we can get from it!" would be nice. Right now we get money for objectives that are randomly generated and because of that we have to haul ridiculous amounts of ore to ridiculous destinations.

Or maybe we could finally get xenon as a mineable resource since it costs a lot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.